Indiana may flat-out legalize fireworks

Indiana may flat-out legalize fireworks

There are 35 comments on the The Times story from Mar 10, 2006, titled Indiana may flat-out legalize fireworks. In it, The Times reports that:

Celebrating the red, white and blue of Independence Day soon could mean more green for state government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Douglas Warren US Army

Apo, AE

#24 Jul 2, 2006
thomas smith wrote:
If you throw a cigarette out of the window of your car you will get a big fine, but you can now fill the air over your neighbor's house with burning rockets and exploding bombs sending burning enbers everywhere legaly. Some joke on the peace and quiet lovers of indiana!
I think this guy is nuts. Im currently serving in Iraq You should be happy to get to see the fire works. I wish I could see them.
Hello

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Jul 2, 2006
Douglas Warren US Army wrote:
<quoted text> I think this guy is nuts. Im currently serving in Iraq You should be happy to get to see the fire works. I wish I could see them.
Douglas,
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for what you are doing. You are all heroes in my book and I commend you for your bravery
Madd Maxx

Huntley, IL

#26 Jul 3, 2006
ashley wrote:
the date and time or web site to findx it.thank you
Yeah Ashley, sign on to the Hoosier Master? yahoogroup I posted the times and locations for the fireworks displays across our corner of the state!

http://hoosiermaster.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hoosiermaster/
soul taker

Grayslake, IL

#27 Jul 4, 2006
your all dum keep people up till like 3am setting fire works off oh ya fire in my town set car and house on fire cause people dont care wat time or how they do it so ya its just a fire work ya what if it was ya house or car set on fire bye one bet it be diffeent
soul taker

Grayslake, IL

#28 Jul 4, 2006
jimmy wrote:
<quoted text> Get a life dead beat. Leave fireworks alone. Its
pathetic people like you that screw it up for the rest of
us. If you don't like fireworks then move or we can help that.
ya i bet if ya house or car was set on fire cause a fire work ya so diffent ya need ya ass kicked
Bubba

United States

#29 Jul 5, 2006
Ban smoking in public areas but legalize Fire works that makes sence ,my kids have gotten sick from the fumes . People think blowing of fireworks over lakes is safe , But not when theres floating boats out there with lots of gas in them and there covered to protect them from the elements and the gas fumes build up under them from the tanks and all it takes is a hot cinder or whats left from one still burning to blow your boat up , try to catch the person that lit it, I have seen it happen not a nice site for the owner of the boat,
PO in Indiana

Crystal Lake, IL

#30 Jul 8, 2006
Why should I have to leave MY home to have peace and quiet?! Let the jerks who want to make all the racket go someplace else!
Amanda Kelly wrote:
its fireworks who cares there fun andit gets everyone together if you dont like it then go somewhere else that night or done buy any. dont ruin the fun for everyone else that enjoys celebrating that day.
Kathy

Walkersville, MD

#31 Jul 10, 2006
Your paragraph is all about "self" You might want to consider your neighbors. I'm sure they don't care if you hurt your SELF, but setting off fireworks that were considered illegal last year, involves your neighbors.
Kathy

Walkersville, MD

#32 Jul 10, 2006
PO in Indiana wrote:
Why should I have to leave MY home to have peace and quiet?! Let the jerks who want to make all the racket go someplace else!
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Formerly illegal fireworks do not belong in a residential neighborhood. The Homeland Security office agrees they are dangerous, and if set off in your yard, they also must land in your yard. HAH! We all know they are propellants and will land elsewhere. It just better not be my roof! They are dangerous and should NOT be allowed!
Ken in New Jersey

Spring Valley, NY

#33 Sep 19, 2006
pyromaniac wrote:
and bye the way we buy all our firework instate!!!
Good for you! Keep up the fun. We here in Jersey are not allowed "BY LAW" to even have fireworks in our possession, but if we are caught lighting them off, it is considered a misdeamnor. Guess what my entire block does the 2 weeks leading up to the 4th does??????
You guessed, and we do have a blast!
kelly

Kenya

#34 Oct 15, 2006
Company Name: Z Limited Uk
State/Province: London
Zip Code: NW1 7SY
Address: 41 Regents Park Road, London, Nw1 7sy
City: London
Phone:+447011132408
REG. NUMBER;02074965
Business Type: WHOLESALES/DISTRIBUTOR
Year Established: 2003
Industry Focus: Electronic & GAMES
Products/Services: Electronics Products/mobile phones
Main Markets: Worldwide
INCLUDING 8 MONTH MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
Z LIMITED UK is a london based electronics equipment company
dedicated to the service of the public in dispensing and selling quality
goods and services to the entire public at large. We operate much kind
of services and other benefits depending on the rate at which we
receive patronage from our buyers and thus this makes us one of the best in
the electronics distribution sector. All our products are brand new with
internatioinal warranty. We run a 48 hours delivering system via
courier services like DHL, FEDEX, UPS to all parts of the world.
Please note that we send quotations to only interested buyers.
All response to our official email address
(z2ltd@yahoo.co.uk, z2ltd@hotmail.com)
Hope we can do business with you.
Thank you very much !
BEST REGARDS,
kelly dav/peter
S Bunting

Gridley, IL

#35 Oct 16, 2006
I have never seen the need to outlaw fireworks, only the need to educate those who wish to use them just as we do with hunting and trapping. There are courses given by the Conservation Department for these sporting activities so that there are fewer incidents of poaching and accidents. Why not have a fireworks course! Safety first! We always keep a bucket of water and a turned on water hose handy when we do ANY fireworks. Only one person to light them and must be wearing shoes. Fireworks are great fun and an exciting show.
Sarah

AOL

#38 Jan 25, 2007
hi, Doug Warren? I think you may be my cousin. Do you have an Uncle Ed and Aunt Barb? If so, please email me at Angel_bear_102106@yahoo.com. thanks
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Douglas,
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for what you are doing. You are all heroes in my book and I commend you for your bravery
amy

United States

#39 Jul 3, 2007
I can't stand people who always try to ruin peoples good time. We used to have bottle rocket fights and i have the scar to prove it. Only one rule there are no rules hehe. I want my kids to have a great tradition to share with there children it's only a few days out of the year and it's better than christmas. It bring families together and i don't care who you are everyone needs to get with their family aleast once a year. Stop being a cry baby.
amy

United States

#40 Jul 3, 2007
soul taker wrote:
your all dum keep people up till like 3am setting fire works off oh ya fire in my town set car and house on fire cause people dont care wat time or how they do it so ya its just a fire work ya what if it was ya house or car set on fire bye one bet it be diffeent
you need to first learn to spell and talk before you run your mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kouts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
michael gonzales warrant (Nov '15) Jan '18 youreapwhatyousow 6
Can Wheatfield ever recover from the damage the... (Oct '17) Dec '17 lolololz 2
Boys chat only(Let's talk about Girls) (Jul '07) Nov '17 drea 180
News Knox football standouts linked to burglary ring (Sep '08) Nov '17 Knox 119
thinking of moving to the area from jersey (Aug '17) Aug '17 momma 1
Dog Face Bridge (Sep '08) Jun '17 Undecided 9
Martha Drake Nurse Practioner (Sep '15) Sep '15 Portage resident 1

Kouts Jobs

Personal Finance

Kouts Mortgages