connection to anyone in Kotzebue

connection to anyone in Kotzebue

Posted in the Kotzebue Forum

Roger Wiles

Prescott, MI

#1 Apr 29, 2013
I first crossed the Arctic Circle on Oct. 2, 1959 when being stationed there on the D.E.W. line. I'd be interested in contacting anyone by email now living in Kotzebue or having been there when I was.
I did make a connection a couple years ago with Rita Hakala, who I met in Kotzebue as Rita Kagoona (sp)when she was a teenager at the time. She was living in or near Anchorage in recent years. I remember spending a lot of evenings at Stubbies coffee house. I worked in the supply room on the radar site and one local from Kotzebue worked in the supply room and his brother was the barber on the site. I was born and raised and still live just outside of Linden, Michigan. Any connection to either Kotzebue natives or airmen stationed in Kotzebue would be welcome. My address is
Roger Wiles
13136 Ripley Rd.
Linden, Michigan 48451
Earl Lewis

Simpsonville, SC

#2 Thursday Jun 23
Roger Wiles wrote:
I first crossed the Arctic Circle on Oct. 2, 1959 when being stationed there on the D.E.W. line. I'd be interested in contacting anyone by email now living in Kotzebue or having been there when I was.
I did make a connection a couple years ago with Rita Hakala, who I met in Kotzebue as Rita Kagoona (sp)when she was a teenager at the time. She was living in or near Anchorage in recent years. I remember spending a lot of evenings at Stubbies coffee house. I worked in the supply room on the radar site and one local from Kotzebue worked in the supply room and his brother was the barber on the site. I was born and raised and still live just outside of Linden, Michigan. Any connection to either Kotzebue natives or airmen stationed in Kotzebue would be welcome. My address is
Roger Wiles
13136 Ripley Rd.
Linden, Michigan 48451
I was stationed at Kotzebue from 1962-63. Were you there then

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kotzebue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This Firm Has Figured Out Reliable Energy Stora... Jan '16 Solarman 1
News Alaska to Florida: Topsy-Turvy Weather to Persist (Jan '14) Nov '15 Sneaky Pete 2
News On Arctic voyage, Obama banks on power of his c... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Your Ex 10
News Rare visit from Interior secretary, top politic... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Kerry 1
News Iditarod restart in Fairbanks has communities r... (Feb '15) Feb '15 22 ski doo 1
News Unusual Seismic Activity Continues Near Noatak (Jun '14) Jun '14 Sneaky Pete 6
News Strange 'swarm' of earthquakes near Noatak conf... (Jun '14) Jun '14 SimplyLoveYou 2

Kotzebue Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kotzebue Mortgages