Clash over new ferry exposes Hawaii d...

Clash over new ferry exposes Hawaii divide - The Honolulu Adver...

There are 343 comments on the The Honolulu Advertiser story from Sep 23, 2007, titled Clash over new ferry exposes Hawaii divide - The Honolulu Adver.... In it, The Honolulu Advertiser reports that:

Comment on this story People gathered at the County Building in Lihu'e on Kaua'i Thursday to attend a meeting called by Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Honolulu Advertiser.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Oahu

United States

#344 Oct 10, 2007
Could the Superferry run from May through December only? And stay docked during the whale season.
HAWAII SUPERFERRY

Cincinnati, OH

#345 Oct 10, 2007
CHECK OUT THE SUPERFERRY SISTER SHIP!!

Since: Oct 07

AOL

#346 Oct 11, 2007
haleiwa7 wrote:
i can understand some of the complaints that the people of Kauai and Maui has BUT lets take a look as some points WHO are the ones allowing the massive expensive homes on the beachs to be built by the rich individuals and corportaints??? maybe the first place to look is stopping this. who are the real people that are disagreeing with this the mainland transplants who MOVED to the islands and built these homes (2nd homes perhaps) that caused the increas of property taxes; made is hard for the local individual to afford in the beach communities? GET rid of the super ferry and have the opposing side pay higher taxes; pay for the unemployment;of the people of Hawaii. start there; i feel the superferry may bring more cars and tourist to the islands BUT won't that help the financial economy on those islands OR do these people just like getting by montly. i had to move to the mainland to make a living for myself because the islands could not do that for me i have been here for 25 years and go back yearly; i read the newspaper daily. i would like to move back BUT the economy there still SUCKS. i see how the rich have built homes on the beachs of the North Shore of Oahu like they did in Malibu and make it hard to get to the beaches and it disgusts me. So lets start there let them pay the increase taxes let them pay for unemploymnet and housing welfare.
I LIKE U. VERY GOOD POINTS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Koloa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eleele Music Thread (Feb '16) May '17 Musikologist 3
Join a focus group on Kaua'i transportation on ... Feb '17 kauaifocusgroup 1
Omao Music Thread (Sep '15) Feb '17 Musikologist 4
Proof on website proving Police Misconduct and ... (Apr '06) Sep '16 anaon 13
News Former church secretary jailed for theft - Hawa... (Dec '08) Jan '16 Victim 12
News Insurer punished for failing to pay claim - News (Jan '09) May '15 Joe Balls 51
News New record temperatures set at Lihue, Honolulu ... (Oct '14) May '15 Joe Balls 3

Koloa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Koloa Mortgages