Ponzi scheme hits Kauai, feds report ...

Ponzi scheme hits Kauai, feds report - Hawaii News

There are 36 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 17, 2009, titled Ponzi scheme hits Kauai, feds report - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Federal authorities are investigating what they say is a Ponzi scheme operated by a man who collected more than $13 million from so-called investors, including prominent Kauai residents, over three years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ponzi buster

Portland, OR

#21 Feb 17, 2009
Ponzi outrage is a good thing.

Let's be clear though... this is all alledged... no charges filed, which is code for them not having actual evidence, but wanting to gin up a lynch mob for the time being. We'll see.

We can get outraged however at a real and verified Ponzi scheme... the govt foisting a bankrupt, future-funded Social Security system on us, and for today's tragic signing of the unread porkulus bill.

What is going to happen when the people get wind of the fact the govt we trust to protect us from scammers are actually the biggest scammers of all?
idea man

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Feb 17, 2009
fry em................
kahuku shrimp

Honolulu, HI

#23 Feb 17, 2009
All schemes starts from freeloaders disguised as businessmen out to sell anything to the needy and the greedy making the sale sound lawful and sensible until the tricked customer realizes it's too late to pull back. Lots of evil and cunning brainards out there out to make a few bucks on our struggling economy. Bottom line is you have to be honest and faithful to yourself and the rewards will be answered by the divine being. Only a few walk the straight and narrow and all of us sheep must past lots of wolves.
Poi Boy

AOL

#24 Feb 17, 2009
No mo kala, brah!!!!!!!!
Als Bar and Grill

AOL

#25 Feb 17, 2009
Haoles are financially well off, it's not a big deal!!!!!!!!
Stumpy

Kaneohe, HI

#26 Feb 17, 2009
The scammers got scammed.
Stumpy

Kaneohe, HI

#27 Feb 17, 2009
kahuku shrimp wrote:
Bottom line is you have to be honest and faithful to yourself and the rewards will be answered by the divine being.
Ronald reagan is dead.
Malleus Dei

Aiea, HI

#28 Feb 17, 2009
alice wrote:
Hard to believe anyone still believes in these schemes.
You mean to tell me this wasn't real? Well, I guess I'm not rich after all...
Wolf Woof

Germany

#29 Feb 17, 2009
I know where we can send the pit bulls.

Grrrrrr.... woof woof.
lois

Lahaina, HI

#30 Feb 17, 2009
Hawaii's very own Bernard Madoff
willie magnum

Wahiawa, HI

#31 Feb 17, 2009
The crooked physicians and psychologist were guilty and got scamed. They were rich and got greedy. Maybe that will be a lesson learned. With so much money made by ripping off the insurance company and patients , its about time they got scamed themselves.

same thing, right?
Yanghai Shaman

Honolulu, HI

#32 Feb 18, 2009
They should have invested in Kauai marijuana instead.
808boy

Honolulu, HI

#33 Feb 18, 2009
I feel like um...crying for the rich who invested their money... wah wah...
Ima Ignant

Mililani, HI

#34 Feb 18, 2009
Just imagine if the super ferry was running to Kauai... the island would be flooded with bad influences and more ponzi schemes...

all kidding aside, greed is good. It got the entire world economy screwed up. I really like living beyond my means and creative financing makes the world go round
Moses from Sinai

Honolulu, HI

#35 Feb 18, 2009
Thieves will not inherit the kingdom of God! Gold is valued in heaven to be worthy of walking on. Streets of gold!!!!!!!!!! John 3:16 For God so loved the world"you" That He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.In the end, you can't take it with you! But in God's plan which is free to everyone you can invite friends and family but it is up to individuals to follow Jesus to eternal blessings!
Kahukuan

North Las Vegas, NV

#36 Feb 18, 2009
jayzee wrote:
they need to get their money back and hang this guy infront of everybody, family and all!!!
Nothing is free when it sounds good and don't think of getting their money back unless they paid taxes for their 5% monthly income. This was just another pyramid scheme and claiming ignorance on the part of these educated people will not be accepted in the court of law. Just chalk it up as a total loss for being greedy and for those who just invested and haven't received any money, forget it because your investment is not legit. You all fall in the same category as the man operating the Ponzi scheme,,tax evasion!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Koloa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Insurer punished for failing to pay claim - News (Jan '09) May '15 Joe Balls 51
News New record temperatures set at Lihue, Honolulu ... (Oct '14) May '15 Joe Balls 3
News Walgreens scraps plans for first Kauai store at... May '15 Mole 1
News Kauai Water Department wins approval of explora... (Oct '12) May '15 ShirleyWill12 4
News Disgraced officers sentenced (May '08) Apr '15 Joe Balls 105
News Disgraced officers sentenced Apr '15 Pinkerton Tenacity 1
News State timeshare properties prove popular with o... (Feb '09) Jan '15 Barack the Yellow 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Koloa Mortgages