Ponzi scheme hits Kauai, feds report ...

Ponzi scheme hits Kauai, feds report - Hawaii News

There are 36 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 17, 2009, titled Ponzi scheme hits Kauai, feds report - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Federal authorities are investigating what they say is a Ponzi scheme operated by a man who collected more than $13 million from so-called investors, including prominent Kauai residents, over three years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
alice

Honolulu, HI

#1 Feb 17, 2009
Hard to believe anyone still believes in these schemes.
alice

Ewa Beach, HI

#2 Feb 17, 2009
Something for nothing! Bet on that?
Fool

Kailua, HI

#3 Feb 17, 2009
Dude needs to have his nails hammered and pulled out until he confesses where he hid the money. Wife and children, too.
An Observer

Keaau, HI

#4 Feb 17, 2009
Hey gang, there is a bigger ripoff being planned.

Since Lingle and the legislature are too afraid to stand up to the public employee unions, which by the way don't care about the suffering of those in the private sector losing jobs and homes, here are the next two ripoffs being planned, a tax increase and no tax refunds. Better get your State taxes done way before the end of session in May. Kansas and California have already announced plans to not pay tax refunds. The HGEA, UPW, HSTA and the UH Profs all read the paper.
Redondos

AOL

#5 Feb 17, 2009
Pschologist? Physician? Guess it proves that even educated "fools" and their money are soon parted.

Wake up, people! Whether you are a doctor, lawyer, professor, or blue-collar working stiff,..... nobody who invests in the stock market can deliver a guaranteed 3-5% return *every* month. It just doesn't work that way.

Word of warning to anyone who still has money invested in a similar scheme: If your stock broker has promised and supposedly deliver a consistent 3-5% return on your investment over the last 6 months while the stock market has been in turmoil,..... there's a definite chance that you have put your money into a Ponzi scheme. Too bad. Even if you are able to pull your money out now and come away with a profit, the feds could take it away from you if it is proven that those profits were derived through a Ponzi rather than a legitimate investment. Bottom line is: everybody who invests in a Ponzi scheme comes out a loser.
jayzee

Kaneohe, HI

#6 Feb 17, 2009
they need to get their money back and hang this guy infront of everybody, family and all!!!
Mike

United States

#7 Feb 17, 2009
Take away the technology and the computers and we will realize that the world has not changed one iota. We still have greed, corruption, discrimination, gullible people, the rich and the poor class. So watch your back at all times.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#8 Feb 17, 2009
Size of state government is way too big and inefficient for the small population here.
Bachi Boy

Kaneohe, HI

#9 Feb 17, 2009
Quote from the movie The Flim Flam Man , "You can't con an honest man"

Greed doomed the victims.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#10 Feb 17, 2009
alice wrote:
Size of state government is way too big and inefficient for the small population here.
very well put. Truth is, big ogvernment is what we have instead of a vilable economy
August

United States

#11 Feb 17, 2009
How funny! Once filthy-rich and a huge supporter of jailing the homeless on the beach; now he'll be camping on the beach too(after jail of course)! HA HA HA!
August

United States

#12 Feb 17, 2009
Too bad for the other rich that lost their money; they were greedy too! Love It - made my day!
alice

Honolulu, HI

#13 Feb 17, 2009
Yeap..lots of greed. Even after all the revelations, punzi schemes profilferate.
vakeleo

Honolulu, HI

#14 Feb 17, 2009
sounds like something my brotyher would get sucked into.
vakeleo

Honolulu, HI

#15 Feb 17, 2009
brother not brotyher
Harm Ha

AOL

#16 Feb 17, 2009
U.S.E.D.
Moose

Ewa Beach, HI

#17 Feb 17, 2009
This is not a case for a beat cop. You need professional white collar crime investigators.

Not many of them around.
Malleus Dei

Honolulu, HI

#18 Feb 17, 2009
alice wrote:
I just want to thank you for entertaining me every day. I look forward to reading your posts. It makes me laugh how people don't realize that you are only pretending to be naive, and unintelligent. You have them all fooled.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#19 Feb 17, 2009
Ummm..ok Dei...don't be needlessly snarky
Alfred E Neuman

San Francisco, CA

#20 Feb 17, 2009
I like ponzu sauce ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Koloa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eleele Music Thread (Feb '16) May '17 Musikologist 3
Join a focus group on Kaua'i transportation on ... Feb '17 kauaifocusgroup 1
Omao Music Thread (Sep '15) Feb '17 Musikologist 4
Proof on website proving Police Misconduct and ... (Apr '06) Sep '16 anaon 13
News Former church secretary jailed for theft - Hawa... (Dec '08) Jan '16 Victim 12
News Insurer punished for failing to pay claim - News (Jan '09) May '15 Joe Balls 51
News New record temperatures set at Lihue, Honolulu ... (Oct '14) May '15 Joe Balls 3

Koloa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Koloa Mortgages