Illegal Immigration - Health Care

Illegal Immigration - Health Care

There are 103 comments on the News Observer story from Mar 1, 2006, titled Illegal Immigration - Health Care. In it, News Observer reports that:

Health care for North Carolina's new wave of immigrants is costly. And because few of the newcomers have insurance, the burden of paying for their care falls largely on the state's taxpayers and hospitals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
pam

Franklinton, NC

#1 Mar 5, 2006
it makes me to sick to read such stories everyday of how illigals are getting a free for ALL! i CANT afford to go to doctors when i need to i can hardly afford my meds, me and my husband BOTH WORK and barely make ends met. This country is TAXING us to death. We HAVE TO do something, make the OTHER ILLIGALS PAY FOR THESe PEOPLE. We are all sick of how our govnt. is LETTING THEM COME here and WE FOOT THE THE BILLS. Not to mention the CRIME and DRUNK DRIVING AND OF COURSE THE DRUG SMUGGLING and DEALINGS. AND the cost to translate to spanish JUST FOR THEM. I AM SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!
Doug

Louisburg, NC

#2 Mar 6, 2006
You sound very small minded and ignorant. You can not even spell the subject of your bitterness.
WebSmith

Morrisville, NC

#3 Mar 7, 2006
If you are having difficulties getting adequate medical care, try being illegal. Pam sounds as illegals are getting adequate medical care. Illegal are illegal because our government (in the pocket of corporations) is calling them illegals. Give them SSN and track them like everybody else and they will not be a burden on system. But then big companies will have to pay them what you are getting paid. That's where the rub is!!!!
John

Raleigh, NC

#4 Mar 7, 2006
The, I guess, gentleman from Cary wrote “Illegal are illegal because our government calls them illegals.” What else would you call them? These are people that deliberately ignore U.S. immigration laws and sneak across the border. By definition they are criminals, and criminals should not profit from their crime. Especially if that profit is subsidized by my tax dollars.
If these people wish to immigrate to the U.S. there are laws in place to facilitate this. I work with many people from other countries the have worked through the legal immigration process to now live and work in N.C. Why should people from the Latin American countries be given a special dispensation? Why should we make a special effort toward bilingualism, when other immigrants from around the world have made a great effort to learn English?
I have no problem with immigration from anywhere in the world, however it should be in accordance to the rule of law, and not reward criminal behavior.
WebSmith

Morrisville, NC

#5 Mar 8, 2006
Our corporations/businesses need these people and that is why they have been sneaking in. If corporations and businesses stop hiring this people, if american citizens start paying american prices for services, if the word spreads that there is no work in US, nobody will care to sneak in to US.

I am a legally immigrated naturalized citizen. I know why I came here.
elpam

Shreveport, LA

#6 Mar 8, 2006
WebSmith wrote:
Our corporations/businesses need these people and that is why they have been sneaking in. If corporations and businesses stop hiring this people, if american citizens start paying american prices for services, if the word spreads that there is no work in US, nobody will care to sneak in to US.

I am a legally immigrated naturalized citizen. I know why I came here.
"paying american prices for services" will never happen. That's not the American way. Citizens expect to be paid top dollar for their labor (since they are more productive) and demand low prices on goods and services. If it has to come from the labor of an uneducated third world person so be it. We demand our cake and the right to eat it to.

Incidently, can anyone explain why Government pensions are not taxed ?
Gene

Poway, CA

#7 Mar 10, 2006
Doug wrote:
You sound very small minded and ignorant. You can not even spell the subject of your bitterness.
Doug she has a real point. What does spelling matter. The left refuses to deal with the issues, rather impugns the messenger, shame on you.
Gene

Poway, CA

#8 Mar 10, 2006
"If you are having difficulties getting adequate medical care, try being illegal...illegals are getting adequate medical care." I am a Nurse in an ER just North of the Mexican border in San Diego, CA. We give the care to those illegals, and let me tell you buddy it is damn good. They get better than my son who is unable to afford health care. Don't go throwing rhetoric around unless you know what you're talking about.
"Illegal are illegal because our government..." wrong again big guy, the term illegal means "not according to or authorized by law". These folks are illegal because they have freely chosen to ignore, flaunt, and disobey the laws of our sovereign nation.
Gene

Poway, CA

#9 Mar 10, 2006
"Our corporations/businesses need these people and that is why they have been sneaking in." Jobs are certainly a magnet but they are "sneaking in" because they need immediate relief in the form of health care benefits, section 8 houseing, food stamps, education. I understand, and frankly would attempt the same in order to better the chances my kids would have. The discussion has thus far centered on jobs. As one close to the issue I can attest to the fact that the welfare benefits, the American citizenship of a child born on this side of the border are much bigger and more immediate rewards. If these people really want a better life why don't they learn the English language, adopt the culture (don't go all crazy here, I didn't say lose their native culture), and become educated, productive citizens rather than languish in the shadows?
Ann

Coarsegold, CA

#10 May 7, 2006
Knowing how our illegal immigration laws have become diluted over the past 20 - 30 years and how easily those laws are overlooked, I think it is best to become extremely aggressive to rectify the situation that is so out of control, illegal immigration.

HR 179 would secure our borders prosecute employers that hire illegals and deport, deport, DEPORT. Clean up the mess. A thorough sweep. Desperate times require desperate measures.

We, the citizens of the USA will take back the control of our country and our future. We can no longer sit back and believe our elected officials are acting on behalf of our best interests especially while whoring votes as we move closer to 2008 presidential election.

Yes on HR 179. This is no longer the time to be polite or show politically correct patience while US citizens take a back seat in the political arena. Stand up and demand our elected officials represent us; the majority; the very US citizens that voted them in office; the very US citizens they swore to protect.
jendian

Tampa, FL

#11 May 12, 2006
that lady pam needs to shut up
jendian

Tampa, FL

#12 May 12, 2006
Roses are red
Violets are Blue
Without Mexicans
what would white
people do!Keep
this going!! Si
Se Puede!
Bobby

Atlanta, GA

#13 May 14, 2006
jendian wrote:
Roses are red
Violets are Blue
Without Mexicans
what would white
people do!Keep
this going!! Si
Se Puede!
_
http://www.stevenshiles.com/Illegal_Immigrant...
_
Ellenboro, NC
Jim

New York, NY

#14 May 17, 2006
Open all the borders. Let em all in.
Raise taxes, we can all give a little more...
Ann

Mariposa, CA

#15 May 17, 2006
http://judiciary.senate.gov/members.cfm
These are the Senators that continue to chip away at the Bill the House passed. May want to send those Senators on this list an email.

Just finished my daily task of letter writing. Wrote every Senator on the Judiciary Committee, plus President Bush, Barbara Boxer, Hilary Clinton, and my Representative. Not a bad way to spend 45 minutes.
get a life

Lake Worth, FL

#16 May 19, 2006
Jim wrote:
Open all the borders. Let em all in.
Raise taxes, we can all give a little more...
YOU ARE S0000000000000000000 RIGHT
jessicca

United States

#17 Jun 9, 2006
pam wrote:
it makes me to sick to read such stories everyday of how illigals are getting a free for ALL! i CANT afford to go to doctors when i need to i can hardly afford my meds, me and my husband BOTH WORK and barely make ends met. This country is TAXING us to death. We HAVE TO do something, make the OTHER ILLIGALS PAY FOR THESe PEOPLE. We are all sick of how our govnt. is LETTING THEM COME here and WE FOOT THE THE BILLS. Not to mention the CRIME and DRUNK DRIVING AND OF COURSE THE DRUG SMUGGLING and DEALINGS. AND the cost to translate to spanish JUST FOR THEM. I AM SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!
if only the US GOV'T could find ways to get rid of the ignorant, selfish whites like yourself. if you really needed to see a doctor and can't afford it, there are many many programs that can help the legal citizens. and now i feel sick for reading your stupid comments. grow up we ain't going no where.
aarti

Denver, CO

#18 Aug 29, 2006
pam wrote:
if only the US GOV'T could find ways to get rid of the ignorant, selfish whites like yourself. if you really needed to see a doctor and can't afford it, there are many many programs that can help the legal citizens. and now i feel sick for reading your stupid comments. grow up we ain't going no where.
hey jessica
i totally agree with u.
i think it's jus an excuse of not moving their ass anywhere and accusing these poor immigrants.
Beverly

Redmond, WA

#19 Aug 31, 2006
There are programs - medicaid - for people who cannot afford health insurance - and if you are poor and go to the emergency room you cannot be turned away.
Businesses who hire illegals should be fined a huge sum if they do not sponsor and support these people to gain legal admittance. Don't blame most illegals - they only come because they want to work and there is nothing in their home country. America is beautiful and a wonderful place to live and raise a family. I am a legal naturalized citizen, and proud to call North Carolina home.
anonimus

Colorado Springs, CO

#20 Oct 17, 2006
sory pam but let me tell you that if it wasent for all us immigrants you wouldnt have a home or streets ect. it makes me mad that you say we have it all... you dount know how hard it is forus just to get a little food for the family or how hard we work to have what we have.... i hope you have a hart and change your ways of thougths

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knightdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
System is Rigged, No Concession Speech Under An... 2 hr Beady by Proxy 19
News Warrenton fights to regain lost glory (Jul '09) Wed Garbage Collector 2
Do you like to expose your wife? (Sep '11) Wed 111asc 78
Trump vs Clinton 2016 Tue MarkJ- 30
Pat McCory lost by 10,000 votes, 300,000 Illega... Dec 6 Beady by Proxy 2
News White has parole hearing after serving 11 years (Jun '06) Dec 2 Stephen White 109
The Dave Glenn Radio Show is Pathetic (Apr '10) Nov 30 Kwilson 12

Knightdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knightdale Mortgages