Comments
27,881 - 27,900 of 56,515 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28968
Nov 24, 2012
 
TSF wrote:
The sooner the secessionist leave , the better, but before they go , give them the bill for their share of the national debt. I'm all for their exodus to the promise land, where ever that may be for them. Good luck, good riddance , thank God and greyhound when they are gone. Sorry, after 4 years of their pissing and moaning,
folks have just about endured enough of their wrath. They need to get on board, STFU or get out .
<quoted text>
That debt, solely incurred by the democrats through your mans spending. Your bill, not ours.

As for my wife and I, we are in the process of finializing a few things and making sure contingencies are in place for our kids before we hit the trail. Can't make the lawyers work faster.

Good luck with that fiscal cliff though. Will be interesting to watch from afar.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28969
Nov 24, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously it was ignorant of them to think the king would just hand them a country. History shows I am correct.
Not sure if they actually thought the king would do so. It could have just been a formal way of putting the revolution as an official concept. I would assume they knew all along it would be an act of war to try and secede.
And you said I don't pay attention to history...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28970
Nov 24, 2012
 
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>A closet "Fox Watcher" who woulda' thunk it?
Closet? No, as I have stated many times here I do watch all sides. Nothing wrong with watching what the other side is saying. In fact I think everyone should, as to not doing so would make one ignorant.
I see studies show conservative fox news watchers do not usually watch other news channels. Thus they are ignorant of what the other side is 'really' saying.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28971
Nov 24, 2012
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
That debt, solely incurred by the democrats through your mans spending. Your bill, not ours.
As for my wife and I, we are in the process of finializing a few things and making sure contingencies are in place for our kids before we hit the trail. Can't make the lawyers work faster.
Good luck with that fiscal cliff though. Will be interesting to watch from afar.
"solely incurred by the democrats"? Lies.
Pretend Bush and the republicans did not pass of debts to Obama all you wish. It is just a bold faced lie.
I guess you cannot defend your side without lying. How pathetic. I almost feel sorry for you.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28972
Nov 24, 2012
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And you said I don't pay attention to history...
Evidently you do not pay close attention. You seem to only note the headlines. I see you cannot refute my points, as usual.
The formal request was futile then, and it is futile now.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28973
Nov 24, 2012
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
That debt, solely incurred by the democrats through your mans spending. Your bill, not ours.
As for my wife and I, we are in the process of finializing a few things and making sure contingencies are in place for our kids before we hit the trail. Can't make the lawyers work faster.
Good luck with that fiscal cliff though. Will be interesting to watch from afar.
I hear many who were of the confederate side after the war left for some place in South America. The community is still there. I should have wrote down the location. I will do some searching. You may find your kind there.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28974
Nov 24, 2012
 
Republikans are drunks because of the bartenders? Secession from a democracy because my little Twitt lost the election? Mormon is not a cult if they suport elimination of capital gains taxes? Women can't get pregnant as a result of a "legitimate rape"? Pregnancy from rape is God's will? 47% of Americans dont pay any taxes? Its teachers fault that juvenile deliquents are not learning? Climate change isn't happening? Rising seas can be stopped by the NC legislature passing a law against that? I can see Russia from Wasilla , Ak? Wonder why rational people regard republikans as being out of touch?
NOT QUITE HERE wrote:
Mike.D. how many lives have you ruined with your filthy alcohol? Making money off of the weaknesses and suffering of others!! I expect nothing less than this from you.TRULY, you are without conscience! Waco.....Henry...
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28975
Nov 24, 2012
 
Wrong!!! Borrowing money for tax breaks to the rich was started in 2001 by republikans. Now its time for you working people to pay back that debt. I don't blame you for wanting to chinch out on your share, its monsterous. Your share peronally is over $50K. I you dont have the money, a couple years in a work camp before you leave should pay off your part.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
That debt, solely incurred by the democrats through your mans spending. Your bill, not ours.
As for my wife and I, we are in the process of finializing a few things and making sure contingencies are in place for our kids before we hit the trail. Can't make the lawyers work faster.
Good luck with that fiscal cliff though. Will be interesting to watch from afar.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28976
Nov 24, 2012
 
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/ar...

Looks like the confederate losers went mostly to Brazil. Seems as if the colony did not last, as they were so isolated.

Brazil asked them to come and sold them land cheep to entice them. Brazil hoped they would bring new farming knowledge that would help their economy.
Brazil allowed slavery at the time.

Interesting article about our history.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28977
Nov 24, 2012
 
TSF wrote:
Republikans are drunks because of the bartenders? Secession from a democracy because my little Twitt lost the election? Mormon is not a cult if they suport elimination of capital gains taxes? Women can't get pregnant as a result of a "legitimate rape"? Pregnancy from rape is God's will? 47% of Americans dont pay any taxes? Its teachers fault that juvenile deliquents are not learning? Climate change isn't happening? Rising seas can be stopped by the NC legislature passing a law against that? I can see Russia from Wasilla , Ak? Wonder why rational people regard republikans as being out of touch?
<quoted text>
Just a personal observation, but in my career, most of the patrons I served were of the conservative sort and believers.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28978
Nov 24, 2012
 
Interesting quote by Barry Goldwater.

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
.....
The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom.... I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,''B,''C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are?... I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."

- Barry Goldwater,(19091998), five-term US Senator, Republican Party nominee for President in 1964*, Maj. Gen., US Air Force Reserves, author of The Conscience of a Conservative.
Gunter

Hamburg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28979
Nov 24, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I hear many who were of the confederate side after the war left for some place in South America. The community is still there. I should have wrote down the location. I will do some searching. You may find your kind there.
What a pathetic pseudo-intellectual narcissist you are. Du bist ein volltrottel und scheisskopf!

{:>)

.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28980
Nov 24, 2012
 
If you look at he Iranian flag, the flag of Israel, the flag of Saudi Arabia, and many more, you will see who identifies its religious beliefs with the country in an official manner.
The American flag has no religious symbolism.
America is based upon religious freedom, not Christianity.
maize

Granite Falls, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28982
Nov 24, 2012
 
Gunter wrote:
<quoted text>What a pathetic pseudo-intellectual narcissist you are. Du bist ein volltrottel und scheisskopf!
{:>)
.
du hast

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28983
Nov 24, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Personal attacks just make your position look defenseless.
So you have forgotten all of your nasty little asides to me? You've GOT to be kidding.Well after all Mike...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28984
Nov 24, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>As I said in my last post, some religious ideas do squeeze their way into our laws from time to time, but that is far from being what could be called "our justice system is based upon the ten commandments or Christianity".
America is of mostly Christian peoples. It is thus inevitable the Christian words and ideas would squeeze their way into some of our laws, no matter what the 'justice system' is based upon.
Note the key word Bill used,'based' upon. You are showing a trickle, not a base.
These taxes are based upon what is thought to be bad. Christians use the word 'sin' to signify what is bad or in many of these cases, unhealthy or dangerous.
I understand many Christians are against drinking and pornography, so in order for them to be allowed, compromises were made. The tax is the compromise. I understand republicans are not familiar with this 'compromise' aspect of our system, so I understand your confusion.
I can accept the compromise. I think smoking and drinking or anything that is so harmful should be taxed extra, as it tends to create more costs for the government to clean up the messes these things create. So it seems only fair to me. Call it a sin tax if you wish, the label is not critical to me.
BTW, these things are not exclusively sins to Christianity. BTW, not that drinking a sin anyway, as it is done even by your Jesus.
Point being, what is considered a sin by Christianity is considered bad by many if not most cultures. So this is more evidence to Bill's claim being of ignorance.
Show me a how laws in America are exclusively 'Christian' based? You and Bill have yet to do so. Hell, Bill did not even try. Guess seeing as how he was interviewing his team, he did not have to justify his outrageous claims. Typical fox news propaganda.
Mike, for the record, I didn't watch whatever you have your drawers in a wad about "Bill", I was making a statement based off of the posts between you and Lu. As I stated I read an article about "sin taxes" the other day and wondered how or if you justified people being taxed under the guise(?) of "sin" (something you claim doesn't exist). Correct me, you're ok if religion is used to promote your agenda, but somehow religion is wrong if it goes against your agenda? Stop straddling the fence bud.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28985
Nov 24, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
Interesting quote by Barry Goldwater.
Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
.....
The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom.... I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,''B,''C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are?... I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."
- Barry Goldwater,(19091998), five-term US Senator, Republican Party nominee for President in 1964*, Maj. Gen., US Air Force Reserves, author of The Conscience of a Conservative.
And... Barry's dead, so his fight is over rover.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28986
Nov 24, 2012
 
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> So you have forgotten all of your nasty little asides to me? You've GOT to be kidding.Well after all Mike...
Did I call you names? Nope. You think anything that disagrees with your point of view is nasty.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28987
Nov 24, 2012
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
And... Barry's dead, so his fight is over rover.
Did you have a point? Do dead peoples words mean nothing? I see you have no rebuttal as usual.
Is it so hard for you guys to try and have an intellectual debate?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28988
Nov 24, 2012
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
And... Barry's dead, so his fight is over rover.
His fight is not over. He is just no longer actively participating in the fight, but his words still are.

Clearly your team learned nothing by getting your ass kicked in this past election.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Knightdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Knightdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Knightdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Knightdale
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••