Transit surveys show lifts needed to ...

Transit surveys show lifts needed to shopping centers

There are 1 comment on the Eastern Wake News story from Oct 5, 2011, titled Transit surveys show lifts needed to shopping centers. In it, Eastern Wake News reports that:

Area shopping centers marked the top four destinations survey respondents said they'd want to go if a local bus service was in place in eastern Wake County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eastern Wake News.

“?”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Oct 5, 2011
I wonder if the survey showed those who wanted the bus service have a valid drivers license. Less cars on the road is a good thing but to do shopping, say at a Walmart or Food Lion, then sit around all day waiting for the bus to come back doesn't work.

There will have to be many buses running through both towns at least four times a day, Tax payers money will get the program stated up with us, the tax payers, having to also pay to ride the bus. And we have to deal with the fact that if the ridership is far less than expected then more tax money will be needed to keep the busing program going.

And one thing that everyone can testify to is that once a government program starts, it never stops. No matter how much money it wastes. Judging by the numbers for Wendell and Zebulon, a taxi service would be much better and offer faster service. For now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knightdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buh Bye all you IBM Employees (Feb '11) Jan 14 Resource Action 117
U S Postal Service in North Raleigh is Americas... Jan 11 Pathetic Performance 3
Time to boycott hollywood and music entertainers Jan 9 The Last Warrior ... 1
News 185-room downtown Embassy Suites hotel on Jan. ... Jan 9 Deplorable Infidel 1
News Pritchard to be paroled (Jun '07) Jan 7 cateau 67
News Whistleblower sues N.C. DMV (Jun '09) Jan 6 Newton 2
News Twitter Video Shows North Carolina Officer Slam... Jan 4 guest 2

Knightdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knightdale Mortgages