Training, coverage are focus of Klickitat sheriff's race

Klickitat County Sheriff Chris Mace says equipment upgrades and additional training have greatly improved his department, while challenger Rick McComas says 24-hour police coverage is lacking. Full Story
Terry Rhodes

Kissimmee, FL

#1 Sep 2, 2006
Having worked with both men at the Klickitat County Sheriff's Office, in my opinion, Rick McComas is by far the best candidate for Sheriff. Not only is he a natural leader, he acted as liason officer for the Reserve Program while Lieutenant for the SO and was instrumental in making it the best trained and well-equipped unit in the state. At that time, there were Reserve officers located all over the county, working mostly volunteer hours and nearly doubling law-enforcement coverage in the county with very little cost to the taxpayers. Thank you.
Monica Morris

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2006
Thank you for that info. Helps make the voting decision more comfortable with outside information. You should sent this to the local White Salmon newspaper for print.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Klickitat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) 9 hr Go Blue Forever 719
'Mike Hayes doesn't work here' (Mar '07) May '14 F off 12
Washington woman arrested following fatal wreck... Apr '14 Rory Keeton 1
Question (Feb '14) Feb '14 Joe Ramier 1
Klickitat County Goldendale Washington meetings... (Jan '14) Jan '14 ABVaca 1
Fishing & Hunting Report (Nov '13) Nov '13 act 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Washington... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Bill 5
•••
•••
Klickitat Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••