Are People Moving Into or Out Of Bend?

Jan 28, 2011 Full story: KBND-AM Bend

T Friday, January 28th 2011 02:37pm Are people moving in or out of Central Oregon? The answer right now seems to be mixed.

Full Story
riverman

United States

#1 Jan 29, 2011
Bend has a problem, the liberal greenies that bought and moved to Bend are either stuck or broke ! the broke ones now have figured that green jobs just don't seem to pay that well when the subsides run out. The other non producing liberals now realize they can't live off mama and papa no more, the tit has gone dry. It has been the people of the Bay Area (Gay bay) of California that ruined Bend.....they built it, they broke it and now they got what they deserved I say @#%& em !

Since: Jan 11

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#2 Jan 31, 2011
riverman wrote:
Bend has a problem, the liberal greenies that bought and moved to Bend are either stuck or broke ! the broke ones now have figured that green jobs just don't seem to pay that well when the subsides run out. The other non producing liberals now realize they can't live off mama and papa no more, the tit has gone dry. It has been the people of the Bay Area (Gay bay) of California that ruined Bend.....they built it, they broke it and now they got what they deserved I say @#%& em !
So. Are you saying the Bend is not a good place to move to? concerned
Tina Brink

United States

#3 Feb 1, 2011
Bend is a great place to move if you have a ton of cash and don't need a job.
Jenna Anderson

Wausau, WI

#5 Feb 25, 2011
I left Bend last fall, and there is some truth to the comments about the economic aspect of it. Jobs are definitely not plentiful there, I have a masters degree and in an 8 month period could not find a job anywhere, after my position was eliminated where I worked. And that included applying at everyplace from office buildings to McDonald's. Yes, that's correct,not even McDonald's had room for me. There just wasn't anything out there, and those who are fortunate enough to have work, are clinging tight to it.

Bend is a lovely place to live, very safe and things to do there. But you can definitely see the "upper class" influences on the economic aspect and even merely finding a place to rent is next to impossible. Very expensive for what you get, and very strict standards by most property management to rent to the better people, shall we say. So, for as much as I miss Bend, the stress of always worrying about having a roof over my head and the every rising costs of groceries and other goods seem to be showing signs of taking a toll on the good people of Bend.

I've been around Oregon quite a bit, looking for property to purchase, and I would have to say by my experience, Bend is becoming an elite area to get into, which is why I am not likely to end up back there.$70,000.00 down on property in Bend still leaves you with a life time of debt just to buy something meager. It's a real shame that this beautiful place has been disrupted by the wealthy coming in and altering everything about it.

So yes, it is true, there is a mix of people moving in and moving out of Bend. For the most part, it is the Bendites who are now laid off, out of work, or just can't meet the rising costs of living there that are moving out, while the wealthy elite from elsewhere are moving in. Sad but true. I've seen it with my own eyes. It's a shame that nothing can be done about it.
Joe The Liberal

Mesa, AZ

#6 Feb 27, 2011
I sold my place and moved from Bend about 3 years ago. It seemed to me that property was just so overvalued I sold it while I could. The only jobs in Bend for the next 10 years will be services to the retirement community. I don't like wiping grandmas butt so I got the heck outta there. I think the winters are getting longer and harder too. I like Arizona. I don't miss the green crowd one bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Klamath Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Klamath Falls (Aug '08) Dec 16 mebobby 37
Hey Klamath Falls- GO F***k YOURSELVes (Oct '13) Dec 10 Really 10
perverts Dec 9 Eyes 8
Klamath Falls Music Selection (Aug '12) Dec 9 george lucas 16
$10 million bail for Klamath Co. deputy shootin... Dec 9 Lockhimup 3
Why is this kind of Criminal Released Time afte... (Mar '14) Dec 1 michelle 21
The Biggest Meth Dealer Nov '14 Just Sayin 24
Klamath Falls Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web