Visiting end of december
dave

San Francisco, CA

#1 Oct 13, 2011
Hey there,
My wife and I are thinking about driving up from the Bay Area in late December, between Christmas and New Years (maybe not ideal, but we both have off of work).

Just wondering if folks had any suggestions of things that might be going on around that time. I assume it will be cold and rainy, possibly snowy, which is OK I guess. We're planning on heading to Klamath Falls, possibly Crater Lake (maybe too snowy for a non-SUV type vehicle from Bay Area?), onto Eugene, Portland and then back down the coast.

Would love to hear any suggestions.

Thanks.
xxx

Klamath Falls, OR

#2 Oct 13, 2011
Drive Stateline road at the OR/CA (Hwy 161)border eastbound towards Tulelake. Sightsee the waterfowl and bald eagles. Continue east to Tulelake and Lavabeds nation monument for caving, winter range deer, and history of Modoc war.

Then drive north to K Falls, buy tire chains, and go see Crater Lake in the winter.

Temps vary that time of year, lows of 15-25, Highs 30-40.
dave

San Francisco, CA

#3 Oct 14, 2011
awesome xxx, thanks for the suggestions!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Klamath Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beggars (Oct '17) Apr '18 Alyssa76 8
Dana Keffer Apr '18 Whathavewe 8
News Oregon prison may close due to budget cuts (May '09) Mar '18 CharlieMurder 32
Marijuana versus Water Mar '18 For your info 2
Klamath Falls Music Selection (Aug '12) Mar '18 Thinker 24
News Bystanders help arrest aggressive Klamath Falls... Mar '18 shatter 1
CONz davincci (Nov '17) Dec '17 Figures 10

Klamath Falls Jobs

Personal Finance

Klamath Falls Mortgages