Livability of Crescent City

Livability of Crescent City

Posted in the Klamath Forum

outohere

Manteca, CA

#1 Feb 14, 2016
Isolated, no shopping, no restaurants, and too rainy and cold. We thought it would be heaven on earth, but it turned out to be the opposite. Thank God we had the choice of moving to a larger city. I am apalled at the drug users. Homelessness is rampant. Some of the people are very nice, but there is absolutely no diversity here. I have to give one star * out of 10 possible.
Glad you gone

Crescent City, CA

#2 Feb 23, 2016
outohere wrote:
Isolated, no shopping, no restaurants, and too rainy and cold. We thought it would be heaven on earth, but it turned out to be the opposite. Thank God we had the choice of moving to a larger city. I am apalled at the drug users. Homelessness is rampant. Some of the people are very nice, but there is absolutely no diversity here. I have to give one star * out of 10 possible.
GOOD. Get the hell out of here. And stay out.
SOMORA

Crescent City, CA

#3 Apr 23, 2016
outohere wrote:
Well the weather is beautiful here for half the year and the other half we deal with that's why we don't have a water shortage. You couldn't figure that out before moving here! Half of the people here are retired and the rest work hard or leave something to be desired. We all living here because we love it. You can drive or fly to a city with shopping no big deal busy city life, been there done that, hated it. This town has drug use sure but most of its legal. Where's this place that doesn't have drug use? We never had a homeless problem until other counties started putting people on buses until they ended up here and we will deal with it together as a community. You sound very shallow enjoy your big city with no homeless or drug activity. DENIAL
TUGBOAT TOOTER

American Canyon, CA

#4 Jul 10, 2016
SOMORA wrote:
<quoted text>

Well the weather is beautiful here for half the year and the other half we deal with that's why we don't have a water shortage. You couldn't figure that out before moving here! Half of the people here are retired and the rest work hard or leave something to be desired. We all living here because we love it. You can drive or fly to a city with shopping no big deal busy city life, been there done that, hated it. This town has drug use sure but most of its legal. Where's this place that doesn't have drug use? We never had a homeless problem until other counties started putting people on buses until they ended up here and we will deal with it together as a community. You sound very shallow enjoy your big city with no homeless or drug activity. DENIAL
The folks rumor that the first of 16,723 refugees are already her..what this means?
Fathefigure drunx

San Francisco, CA

#5 Aug 5, 2016
TUGBOAT TOOTER wrote:
<quoted text>

The folks rumor that the first of 16,723 refugees are already her..what this means?
Hey you...these are refugees from the horrors of Africa and we should be good tothem. they will get $1,836 a month that will cover rent and such. we will have to give up social security and medicare and obamacare...but it is worth it. you wanna live on a golf course instead?
outohere

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Aug 10, 2016
Yes, I am enjoying being outothere. Reading the Triplicate everyday. CC is like a train wreck.....you have to see what happens.
camping famly

American Canyon, CA

#7 Aug 11, 2016
Those people hanging around late nite under the port-a-potty lights in the park always want to come in the thing with us...what do they want? how come they dont speek? is this a religious thing?
outohere

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Aug 11, 2016
Crescent City, Ca. would be a lovely place to live, but it is just too isolated. Don't even think about moving there. We did, and we got out fast. There were people living in our backyard, a druggie tried to break down our door, and it was just scary! We've been reading about the poor people in Smith River. What a shame. Please consider moving to Brookings, Or. or at least live in CC before moving there. NO MEDICAL if you are retired.
natural sons

American Canyon, CA

#9 Aug 13, 2016
do they there got witsh doctors's? hello, can send mammy there. she big and old and eat everytin and no nice most days and all night giggle with ruber gloves..pew. lanlord say she got go. C C a good place as it be far an we can call stead of visit.pew.
Rob

Ann Arbor, MI

#10 Dec 29, 2017
Yes there are druggies/homeless and there is a level 4 prison. Most of the employees there live up in Brookings, sucking the money out of the local economy. People up in Brookings are always saying how bad it is in Crescent City. I say, then stay away. I've only lived here less than a year, but I have had no problems. The town of Chico, a very admired town, is much worse for drugs, homeless,
and crime.Crescent has plenty of great restaurants, better than in Brookings. To the wealthier folks to the north of us, you can all,m kiss my ass. This is a great town!
outohere wrote:
Crescent City, Ca. would be a lovely place to live, but it is just too isolated. Don't even think about moving there. We did, and we got out fast. There were people living in our backyard, a druggie tried to break down our door, and it was just scary! We've been reading about the poor people in Smith River. What a shame. Please consider moving to Brookings, Or. or at least live in CC before moving there. NO MEDICAL if you are retired.
Texan

United States

#12 Aug 5, 2018
outohere wrote:
Diversity is not always a great thing. Google crime rate by race sometime. However, it is true that Crescent City has been taken over by bums. The homeless count has increased for the past 3 years in a row. Behind every shopping center or at back corners of large buildings is a homeless camps, blue tarps everywhere. I saw a teenage girl come out of a camp wearing heels so high and pants so tight she could hardly walk. What was she selling do you think? Where is her father?
TRAILER stinx mooch

Windsor, CA

#13 Aug 5, 2018
Truntwill save us if we dont ASK HIM TO DO NOTHIN.SIMPLE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Klamath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Turmp's Legendary Bee Ohhh Oct '18 NO More Quesjunz 1
Train Station Opens Sep '18 wont pay nope 1
To anyone thinking of moving to Crescent City (Jul '17) Sep '18 Modern TimesWonder 8
Crescent City Racisim Aug '18 Anonymous 1
Rents $$$ Double Soon Aug '18 bishop puttzy 1
Trunt Space Jockeys Mount Up Aug '18 Bonespurs in SPACE 1
asians eating dogs and cats (Oct '07) Feb '16 lownorcal 39

Klamath Jobs

Personal Finance

Klamath Mortgages