First Prev
of 7
Next Last
HAHAHA

Kitty Hawk, NC

#1 Jun 17, 2009
Should somebody tell these russian girls that their mexican boyfriends really can't help them get a greencard?
SS Snob

Kitty Hawk, NC

#2 Jun 18, 2009
ha ha!!!!
meg

Four Oaks, NC

#3 Jun 19, 2009
too funny! how bout also suggesting to trade in there stilettos for some flip flops...are they walking to work, or are they working while they're walking?
selenakyle nags head

Greenville, NC

#4 Jun 19, 2009
I think last summer's high instance of car thefts was directly correlative to the high number of Russians with iPods walking down the roads...

just sayin'
concerned

Clayton, NC

#6 Jun 20, 2009
selenakyle nags head wrote:
I think last summer's high instance of car thefts was directly correlative to the high number of Russians with iPods walking down the roads...
just sayin'
you are an IDIOT everyone of your statements are so lame...do us a favor.........LEAVE
curious

Manteo, NC

#7 Jun 20, 2009
So how is it that these Russians get a job here anyway when the majority can barely understand and much less SPEAK English??? How'd they get thru the application and interview process anyway??? Or do they just say $4 an hour please and undercut the rest of us to get in??? I can understand how they get into privately owned businesses, but how'd they get thru the Food Lion application when locals that DO speak English aren't hired??? Or is it a gvmt thing, AGAIN. Help those that don't try to help themselves and f-- the people that actually pay taxes...
SS Snob

Kitty Hawk, NC

#8 Jun 20, 2009
curious wrote:
So how is it that these Russians get a job here anyway when the majority can barely understand and much less SPEAK English??? How'd they get thru the application and interview process anyway??? Or do they just say $4 an hour please and undercut the rest of us to get in??? I can understand how they get into privately owned businesses, but how'd they get thru the Food Lion application when locals that DO speak English aren't hired??? Or is it a gvmt thing, AGAIN. Help those that don't try to help themselves and f-- the people that actually pay taxes...
I couldn't agree more. It makes me so angry to have these people wait on me when our locals sit without a job. I was bragging about Dunkin' Donuts this winter because everyone there was a local. I went earlier this week and no one can speak english. I WILL NOT be going back.
SS Snob

Kitty Hawk, NC

#9 Jun 20, 2009
Also, speaking of the mexicans...where did they go? This winter and spring they were EVERYWHERE. I mean you couldn't turn around without bumping into one of them. But I rarely see them any more. What's the scoop?
Stop the Hate

Hoffman Forest, NC

#10 Jun 20, 2009
You people are ridiculous. The "Russians" I have encountered are always polite and do in fact speak english. Okay so they have an accent,but still they speak well enough to be understood.
Selenakyle if the "Russians" are stealing cars then why would they be "walking" down the street listening to their Ipods?
Not just defending Russians here. The Mexicans like your ancestors before you, are just looking for a better life for themselves and their families. SS Snob my guess is you don't see them on the streets because they're busy working.
Go ahead hate on me too and then go to church on Sunday and pretend to be a good God fearing, people loving citizen.
Paul

Manteo, NC

#11 Jun 20, 2009
Stop the Hate wrote:
You people are ridiculous. The "Russians" I have encountered are always polite and do in fact speak english. Okay so they have an accent,but still they speak well enough to be understood.
Selenakyle if the "Russians" are stealing cars then why would they be "walking" down the street listening to their Ipods?
Not just defending Russians here. The Mexicans like your ancestors before you, are just looking for a better life for themselves and their families. SS Snob my guess is you don't see them on the streets because they're busy working.
Go ahead hate on me too and then go to church on Sunday and pretend to be a good God fearing, people loving citizen.
Wow did you go way out there or what. We're not bitching about those that want a better life or trying to impede their progress in such endeavors. The point was HOW are they getting the jobs our CITIZENS, our TAX PAYING CITIZENS should be getting??? I don't fault ANYONE for trying to create a better life. I fault the damn DEMOCRATS for rewarding those that sit on their butts don't pay a darn thing into the economy come into this land of opportunity illegally, etc etc. and suck the lifeblood right out of us.
Stop the Hate

Hoffman Forest, NC

#12 Jun 20, 2009
Suggesting that they are stealing cars and hooking when not behind the register at Food Lion isn't hateful? All of our ancestors came here illegally no?

I do not disagree that importing "students" could in fact take a job from a local. But suggesting that one is better than a foreigner and insultig different cultures is just wrong. There are plent of businesses that hire college students for summer jobs. So should we hate the anglo from Pennsylvania that comes to the Outer Banks and takes away jobs from the locals? Are they not sucking the "local" lifeblood too? And don't blame the dems, the hosting of exchange students has been in practice even while we were under Republican rule.

So no I don't agree that I'm "way out there." Just calling out the haters for hating.
Local

Kitty Hawk, NC

#13 Jun 20, 2009
Hey "stop the hate" get your facts right. Several of the Russian girls have been busted for prostitution. And no, my ancestors came here LEGALLY, moron. Maybe your ancestors came here illegally but don't assume that mine did.
SS Snob

Kitty Hawk, NC

#14 Jun 20, 2009
Stop the Hate wrote:
I don't go to church...so there.
SS Snob

Kitty Hawk, NC

#15 Jun 20, 2009
Local wrote:
Hey "stop the hate" get your facts right. Several of the Russian girls have been busted for prostitution. And no, my ancestors came here LEGALLY, moron. Maybe your ancestors came here illegally but don't assume that mine did.
Mine were legal also.....so there.
SS not a snob

United States

#16 Jun 22, 2009
Wow! Haha I went to college so I don't need a job at food lion... Who cares if the Russians,mexicans or any kind of foreigners work there?? It's like a $7 an hour job, locals get a real job....!
Smart Mind

Kitty Hawk, NC

#17 Jun 22, 2009
SS Snob wrote:
Also, speaking of the mexicans...where did they go? This winter and spring they were EVERYWHERE. I mean you couldn't turn around without bumping into one of them. But I rarely see them any more. What's the scoop?
They mostly worked construction, and there are no jobs.
Stop the Hate

Hoffman Forest, NC

#18 Jun 24, 2009
SS Snob you're still a hater... so there.
6thgenouterbanke r

AOL

#19 Aug 2, 2009
most hispanics are NOT here looking for a better life, they're here to make money to send BACK to their homeland. look it up. how many of them do you see on fridays, wiring money home?? they live all packed up in trailers so they can save money and send it back to their homeland. yes, it's sad that their homeland is so impoverished, but most of them, yes, MOST of them, are here illegally.

i, for one, am sick and tired of having everything in dual languages and have to push "one" to hear my utilities and everything else in english.

if they came here and integrated like past immigrants, that would be fine. but they're not.

they also collect food stamps, welfare checks and medicaid and get housing that is meant for poor AMERICANS.

they need to pass a law so that only people here legally can get federal help like that.
selenakyle nags head

Bailey, NC

#20 Aug 2, 2009
(Watch out "concerned," I haven't LEFT--kinda hard since I live here and have for a long time--and I'm going to post another LAME, IDIOTIC comment...)

It's the employers. Everyone forgets it's the employers who hire the foreigners to work. The employers want them because they employers don't have to pay social security on them in payroll like they do for "tax paying citizens."

Very simple concept, and it's the reason it will not change. We need to get used to it, and "stop the hate" because unless the USA stops giving visas, the foreign kids are here to stay.

And most are very nice and well-educated. have any of us tried speaking two languages well enough to work in a foreign country and speak that foreign language while doing so?

But I know for a fact a lot of them stole last summer. Did you not read the court docket page in the local newspaper last summer, "concerned?"
selenakyle nags head

Bailey, NC

#21 Aug 2, 2009
And "stop the hate," I meant stealing FROM OUT OF the cars, not stealing the cars themselves--that was done by some Manteo boys who got caught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kitty Hawk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas from Tennessee Thu Czarina 2
Special Feature: A few interesting facts about ... Thu Silly Rabbit 5
cold blooded murderer gets less time than missy... Wed real nikkaz 12
Veterinarian Recommendation Wed 2 cents worth 7
Jennifer Brotherton Tue Sand Trap 2
Should Dare Commissioner Allen Burrus Resign? Tue Touriscosis 26
Nags Head Police Chief charged with assault Dec 16 Assman 17
Kitty Hawk Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web