local dude

Clayton, NC

#1 Oct 2, 2011
don't buy a car from kelly auto in manteo the guy is a big ass hole and buys junk car and cleans them up and try's to get top dollar he sold me one and the trans went 5 days later and he said too bad you buy used you get used so save your money and buy from a real dealer not that dirt bag
Local

Weaverville, NC

#2 Oct 3, 2011
Kelly Offers warranties on all cars that apply. If you deny a warranty I suppose it falls on you.....
Local Girl

Dunn, NC

#3 Oct 3, 2011
Kelly is a good honest car dealer, he trys to make it easy on the local people to buy a car,If you don't want to pay the extra for a warrenty, then don't BITCH when you brake down.
Kelly

Upton, MA

#4 Oct 3, 2011
This is Kelly. I did in fact have a customer recently that purchased a used Van from me and had the transmission go out the following week. However, this customer was offered a warranty that would have covered such a break down and he declined it. I feel absolutely horrible that this happened to one of my customers. I make every attempt to make sure I put good, quality used vehicles out on my lot, however the one thing guaranteed with cars is that they Will break at some point and they will need service from the day you purchase it till the day you sell it. Please know that car dealers née and used don't want their customers cars to break, infortunately none of our mechanics are that good! Please take full advantage of any warranties offered because they can save you bundles when unfortunate things like this happen.
JPS

Windsor, NJ

#5 Oct 4, 2011
I bought a Chevy. Then I drove it to the levy, but the the levy was dry. There were some good ol' boys there drinking whisky & rye. I heard them sinnging 'this will be the day that I die.'

go figure.
local dude

Clayton, NC

#6 Oct 5, 2011
warranty's are junk look at what they don't cover it's easy just a way to get more money out of you. It's best to buy a car from a real dealer not a jack leg dealer. the girl that said he is honest must be he's bitch
kelly

Woodbridge, VA

#7 Oct 5, 2011
Hey "local dude" feel free to swing by the shop and I can give you the info on the warranty that absolutely 100% would have covered the transmission on the van. It is kind of cowardly to rant and rave online don't you think? How about come by the shop and let's try and come up with a solution to your problem, unless of course your not actually a customer.....maybe some loud mouth "bird dog???"
Southern Shores Res

Windsor, NC

#8 Oct 7, 2011
Kelly, Just curious since I buy new cars to avoid such problems, but how much would that warranty cost. Like I said, just curious.
Kelly

Dunn Loring, VA

#9 Oct 7, 2011
Southern Shores Res wrote:
Kelly, Just curious since I buy new cars to avoid such problems, but how much would that warranty cost. Like I said, just curious.
The warranties vary in price according to year, make and model. The 2004 Ford van in question had warranties ranging from $235 all the way up to $900 which would have covered it anywhere from 4,500 miles up to 36,000 miles.
Kelly

Weaverville, NC

#10 Oct 7, 2011
(Correction, the top warranty available for that 2004 Ford Windstar would have been 24 month/ 26,500 miles at a cost of $950.) The transmission was the issue: With a Standard (4,500 mile) Warranty the transmission would have been covered for $235 plus a $100 deductible. The most expensive warranty was $950 which is still less than half the cost of replacing a transmission.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kitty Hawk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do You read the Coastland Times 14 hr Big Possum 6
Do You read the Outer Banks Sentinel 17 hr haha 3
Jennette's Pier Mon Transplants takin... 21
WNC fracking? Unlikely but still unsettling (Feb '14) Mon Bobo 63
Should Dare Commissioner Allen Burrus Resign? Mon Terry 22
Doughtie's DQ sign at Colington Road Oct 18 Another Observer 22
One More Weekend Oct 17 like wow 17
Kitty Hawk Dating
Find my Match

Kitty Hawk Jobs