NYC bans big, sugary drinks

Sep 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WDTN-TV Dayton

New York City's Board of Health opened up a new, experimental front in the war on obesity Thursday, passing a rule banning sales of big sodas and other sugary drinks at restaurants, concession stands, and other eateries.

Comments
41 - 51 of 51 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 12

Barboursville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Sep 14, 2012
 
Personally I think this is ridiculous, another way for us to be controlled.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Sep 14, 2012
 
Uh Clem wrote:
What do you think is more harmful to people, a big soft drink or a big dummy mayor?
A toxic mayor is more harmful.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Sep 14, 2012
 
_Marksman_ wrote:
Personally I think this is ridiculous, another way for us to be controlled.
Wait until they regulate our bowel and bladder habits.
Heaving The Havanna

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

No dumping between the hours of 10AM and 12 noon.
Colin Askippy

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Sep 17, 2012
 
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
It could happen!
This is what proctologists have dreamed for!!!!
Giggs

Newport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Sep 17, 2012
 
In the past I used to stay away from American fast foods and fizzy drinks.... Then I became underweight!

But now I realise that because I work or study for long hours under stress and exercise. I need such foods to supplement my diet or I become malnourished.

I don't have time to spend all day eating tones of green beans and making nice meals. I also feel sick when I wake up very early or just finish work because I don't get chance to drink enough. I get headache and don't feel hungry in a milder way than I do with a hangover.

EVERYBODY ELSE WHO IS A REAL PERSON IS EXACTLY THE SAME EVEN IF THEY DON'T NOTICE IT.

Coke and fizzy drinks have chemicals in them which stimulate appetite.

Big Mc meal has maybe 3 times the calories of a ready meal from the supermarket. I need those calories to supplement my normal healthy 3 meals a day. Which is nowhere near enough to suit what I need for working 8 hour days every day and swimming continuously for 90 minuets every night without stopping.

Some people abuse fast food....don't exercise and don't eat healthy meals the rest of the time.

McDonalds, fizy drink etc.... are not as bad as people make out. In moderation I believe they fill a hole in my diet taken up by work.
Giggs

Newport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Sep 17, 2012
 
If I go drinking and get hangover.

I need McDonalds to get me eating again.

McDonalds meals are the only thing I can eat with hangover and once Ive eaten one I can then eat other things.
Sam

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Sep 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Giggs wrote:
If I go drinking and get hangover.
I need McDonalds to get me eating again.
McDonalds meals are the only thing I can eat with hangover and once Ive eaten one I can then eat other things.
First world problems?
The Problem Solver

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Sep 17, 2012
 
Giggs wrote:
In the past I used to stay away from American fast foods and fizzy drinks.... Then I became underweight!
But now I realise that because I work or study for long hours under stress and exercise. I need such foods to supplement my diet or I become malnourished.
I don't have time to spend all day eating tones of green beans and making nice meals. I also feel sick when I wake up very early or just finish work because I don't get chance to drink enough. I get headache and don't feel hungry in a milder way than I do with a hangover.
EVERYBODY ELSE WHO IS A REAL PERSON IS EXACTLY THE SAME EVEN IF THEY DON'T NOTICE IT.
Coke and fizzy drinks have chemicals in them which stimulate appetite.
Big Mc meal has maybe 3 times the calories of a ready meal from the supermarket. I need those calories to supplement my normal healthy 3 meals a day. Which is nowhere near enough to suit what I need for working 8 hour days every day and swimming continuously for 90 minuets every night without stopping.
Some people abuse fast food....don't exercise and don't eat healthy meals the rest of the time.
McDonalds, fizy drink etc.... are not as bad as people make out. In moderation I believe they fill a hole in my diet taken up by work.
Stop swimming and you will not need Big Macs and/or "fizzy drinks".
Giggs

Newport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Sep 17, 2012
 
The Problem Solver wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop swimming and you will not need Big Macs and/or "fizzy drinks".
Why would I stop swimming?

I like big macs and swimming.

I swim because Im good... No other reason.

I eat fast food and first thing I do after my swim is light a joint wait a while then go Mcdonalds.
Giggs

Newport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Sep 17, 2012
 
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
First world problems?
People in the 3rd world drink alcohol.

Your saying that from California!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kittery Discussions

Search the Kittery Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ME Who do you support for Governor in Maine in 2010? (Oct '10) Mon Its the PENSIONS 112
Hey, check out our book about York County Proba... (Oct '13) Jul 21 Som Ting Wong 2
Guest Column: Anti-vaccinationists should injec... Jun '14 EXPLAIN 3
Theya re back Primo Cubano returning on May 10 ... May '14 El Son 1
Stuart Nudelman Apr '14 jonathan west 1
Verrill Dana continued sleaze and corruption Mar '14 WMS 1
Report: Gas pipeline not enough to avert New En... Mar '14 Stephen Leonard 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kittery Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kittery People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kittery News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kittery
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••