When did Kissimmee become 2/3 latino/...

When did Kissimmee become 2/3 latino/Puerto Rican?

Posted in the Kissimmee Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gulf

Show Low, AZ

#1 Jul 11, 2014
I spent a lot of time in Kissimmee in the 90s -- back then, it was a JEWEL. Beautiful. High end shops. Tourists everywhere. Tourist traps. Brand name motels and restaurants. Of the town population that wasn't white -- the tourists made it a white or Asian-white city.

I didn't come again for several years after I stopped coming in 2001. Over Christmas 05-early 06, I visited and THE WHOLE CITY HAD CHANGED. The hotel we stayed at off Irlo Bronson over by the Turnpike had gone from a brand name to a no-name. The IHOP inside the hotel went out of business.

The Sizzlers, Ponderosas & Ryans steakhouses all went out of business. Most were empty. A few had been turned into Puerto Rican or Cuban restaurants. The signs on those restaurants looked cheap. Half the strip malls were empty. They used to be bustling. I asked some friends who used to live in Orlando and work at Disney what had happened and all the white people have moved into the city proper or in the northern suburbs. Kissimmee is now 2/3 to 3/4 latino.

But I mean from 01 to 05 -- it looked like the city had been hit by a tornado or a great depression. That was 2005 or 06 when I was there -- its gotta be MUCH WORSE now.

I mean Kissimmee used to be a kicking little town. I went back and it looked DEAD.

Is the city worse now?
Keyboard Bully

Kissimmee, FL

#2 Jul 18, 2014
Heck yeah it's worse. Nothing but Ignorudes infesting the area.
gulf

Show Low, AZ

#3 Jul 18, 2014
Keyboard Bully wrote:
Heck yeah it's worse. Nothing but Ignorudes infesting the area.
So....is that code for Puerto Ricans & Cubans & Mexicans?

Anyway -- it was a dump then -- I'd hate to see it now....

Is that Walmart still there?? The 1 by the Med. Times?
Keyboard Bully

Kissimmee, FL

#4 Jul 21, 2014
gulf wrote:
<quoted text>
So....is that code for Puerto Ricans & Cubans & Mexicans?
Anyway -- it was a dump then -- I'd hate to see it now....
Is that Walmart still there?? The 1 by the Med. Times?
Yes, it is. For both questions.
gulf

Show Low, AZ

#5 Jul 22, 2014
Keyboard Bully wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is. For both questions.
Is it dead? Has traffic fallen off? I remember when I went there in 99 it was "one of the top 5 busiest Walmarts in the USA."
I think its a crying shame what happened to the city.
Are most of the strip malls still 3/4 empty?
I mean I was stunned! It looked like a great depression had nailed that area. All those IHOPs(there were like 10) & the Ponderosas and even the McDonalds & little chain stores in the strip malls WERE ALL GONE. ALL GONE.
Just curious -- have you considered moving to a different part of Orlando? I'm actually going to demolish my home in a few years when I get it paid off. Homes in my "hood" are going for 20k dollars now. We have at least 250k in our house. Its worthless. I'd rather destroy it than take the 90% hit and sell it to some crackhead or slumlord.
Tell me more -- how bad has the city gotten? Do tourists even go into it any more? Because before Kissimmee WAS THE TOURIST CITY. All the ppl going into Disney & Sea World would stay there because it was cheaper than Orlando proper.
Keyboard Bully

Kissimmee, FL

#6 Jul 22, 2014
That Walmart there is actually doing good business. They've opened up a gas station across from it as well as another grocery store. Now, as you travel East on 192 it looks disgraceful. There's more pawn shops open than there is T-shirt shops anymore. Hotels are all run down. Any places that are open are all Spanish.
Head back toward the 535 from that Walmart and most of those hotels are run down and/or closed up. I think more homeless families take up more rooms than the tourists. Kissimmee is a dump and the board for Osceola County is the one I blame for it.
Just curious

Orlando, FL

#7 Dec 19, 2014
Keyboard Bully wrote:
That Walmart there is actually doing good business. They've opened up a gas station across from it as well as another grocery store. Now, as you travel East on 192 it looks disgraceful. There's more pawn shops open than there is T-shirt shops anymore. Hotels are all run down. Any places that are open are all Spanish.
Head back toward the 535 from that Walmart and most of those hotels are run down and/or closed up. I think more homeless families take up more rooms than the tourists. Kissimmee is a dump and the board for Osceola County is the one I blame for it.
How is the "board for Osceola County" to blame for the influx of Latinos & Puerto Ricans that seem to be running this city totally into the toilet?
Keyboad_Bully

Kissimmee, FL

#8 Dec 22, 2014
Just curious wrote:
<quoted text>
How is the "board for Osceola County" to blame for the influx of Latinos & Puerto Ricans that seem to be running this city totally into the toilet?
Because they chose to do nothing for this area to clean it up!!! I suppose this is what Puerto Rico looks like? Filth!
As WASPy as they get

Orlando, FL

#9 Dec 22, 2014
Keyboad_Bully wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they chose to do nothing for this area to clean it up!!! I suppose this is what Puerto Rico looks like? Filth!
I mentioned the INFLUX of them. The board "cleaning it up" has absolutely nothing to do with the influx of which I speak. Read a response before you respond.
Jack-the-hacker

Kissimmee, FL

#10 Dec 23, 2014
Keyboad_Bully wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a Republican utopia.Homeless people just a few steps from Disney and part-time low wage jobs galore.Move up north if you want real money.Com e down to Florida in a gated community to die of old age and the worst healthcare in the nation.
Jack-the-hacker

Kissimmee, FL

#11 Dec 23, 2014
gulf wrote:
I spent a lot of time in Kissimmee in the 90s -- back then, it was a JEWEL. Beautiful. High end shops. Tourists everywhere. Tourist traps. Brand name motels and restaurants. Of the town population that wasn't white -- the tourists made it a white or Asian-white city.
I didn't come again for several years after I stopped coming in 2001. Over Christmas 05-early 06, I visited and THE WHOLE CITY HAD CHANGED. The hotel we stayed at off Irlo Bronson over by the Turnpike had gone from a brand name to a no-name. The IHOP inside the hotel went out of business.
The Sizzlers, Ponderosas & Ryans steakhouses all went out of business. Most were empty. A few had been turned into Puerto Rican or Cuban restaurants. The signs on those restaurants looked cheap. Half the strip malls were empty. They used to be bustling. I asked some friends who used to live in Orlando and work at Disney what had happened and all the white people have moved into the city proper or in the northern suburbs. Kissimmee is now 2/3 to 3/4 latino.
But I mean from 01 to 05 -- it looked like the city had been hit by a tornado or a great depression. That was 2005 or 06 when I was there -- its gotta be MUCH WORSE now.
I mean Kissimmee used to be a kicking little town. I went back and it looked DEAD.
Is the city worse now?
Love the race bait.Never seen a redneck until I visited Florida and most of these areas that are mostly white are run down.The front lawn full of weeds ,beer cans and run down vehicles.At least in my hometown of CT whites have more pride.But whites in Florida are kind of ghetto.Just saying.
Speakin the truth

Orlando, FL

#12 Dec 23, 2014
Jack-the-hacker wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the race bait.Never seen a redneck until I visited Florida and most of these areas that are mostly white are run down.The front lawn full of weeds ,beer cans and run down vehicles.At least in my hometown of CT whites have more pride.But whites in Florida are kind of ghetto.Just saying.
Must be nice to be such an expert on healthcare AND on white people in general. Never saw a redneck til you hit Florida, eh? Have you been living under a rock? Ever heard of Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, or Mississippi? They keep a LOT of rednecks in those states. Expand your horizons and look a little harder.

Also, sure would like to see some hard facts or statistics on your 'worst health care in the nation' comment. You got anything, or just blabbering to be blabbering?
Keyboad_Bully

Kissimmee, FL

#13 Dec 24, 2014
As WASPy as they get wrote:
<quoted text>
I mentioned the INFLUX of them. The board "cleaning it up" has absolutely nothing to do with the influx of which I speak. Read a response before you respond.
I don't care what you speak. Screw off!
Speakin the truth

Orlando, FL

#14 Dec 24, 2014
Keyboad_Bully wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what you speak. Screw off!
Aha! Obviously the sign of an intelligent respondent. NOT!

Moron.
Jack-the-hacker

Kissimmee, FL

#15 Dec 24, 2014
Speakin the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be nice to be such an expert on healthcare AND on white people in general. Never saw a redneck til you hit Florida, eh? Have you been living under a rock? Ever heard of Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, or Mississippi? They keep a LOT of rednecks in those states. Expand your horizons and look a little harder.
Also, sure would like to see some hard facts or statistics on your 'worst health care in the nation' comment. You got anything, or just blabbering to be blabbering?
Well I live around white people since birth.So yeah that makes me an expert.Every race has their ghetto half and rednecks take the prize.Com e on Florida is one of the reasons the U.S has the worst healthcare system in a developing country.Florida were most white males are pedophiles.LMFAO!
Character Judge

Orlando, FL

#16 Dec 25, 2014
Jack-the-hacker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I live around white people since birth.So yeah that makes me an expert.Every race has their ghetto half and rednecks take the prize.Com e on Florida is one of the reasons the U.S has the worst healthcare system in a developing country.Florida were most white males are pedophiles.LMFAO!
You sir, by the contents of this reply, have cemented my opinion of you, your education, your reasoning skills, and your general idiocy. What a babbling fool!
Keyboard_Bully

Kissimmee, FL

#17 Dec 29, 2014
Speakin the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha! Obviously the sign of an intelligent respondent. NOT!
Moron.
Must be a sad tiny world you live in. Nobody cares what you have to say...move along now troll.
Looking For The Truth

Orlando, FL

#18 Dec 29, 2014
Keyboard_Bully wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be a sad tiny world you live in. Nobody cares what you have to say...move along now troll.
I must disagree. Apparently people do care about what I have to say, because I speak with intelligence, not stupidity. Terminology such as "screw off" is usually found exiting the mouths of the far less intelligent, or probably in your case, that of a 9-year-old. Don't let your momma catch you playing on the computer!
Keyboard_Bully

Kissimmee, FL

#19 Dec 30, 2014
Looking For The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I must disagree. Apparently people do care about what I have to say, because I speak with intelligence, not stupidity. Terminology such as "screw off" is usually found exiting the mouths of the far less intelligent, or probably in your case, that of a 9-year-old. Don't let your momma catch you playing on the computer!
Yeah, because telling commenters they are blabbering is so intelligent.

Let me reiterate...screw off idiot.
Keepin it simple 4U

Orlando, FL

#20 Dec 30, 2014
Keyboard_Bully wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, because telling commenters they are blabbering is so intelligent.
Let me reiterate...screw off idiot.
Well, when someone is blabbering (like you, for example) I call it blabbering. Notice that YOU are the only one I accused of blabbering - so I'm not telling "commenters" that - I'm telling YOU that. If you had something intelligent to add (which, thus far, you have not) I would recognize it as an intelligent comment and accept it as such. Am I writing above your head, or can you understand what I'm saying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kissimmee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2nd victim in shooting dies (Nov '06) Aug 13 dara 15
Poll Is BVL a dangerous neighborhood in Orlando area??? (Mar '08) Jul 30 Kissimmee river34743 158
Looking for a good man (Dec '10) Jul 29 Tammy dow 6
I need 🥦 Jul 25 Dion420 1
News Walt Disney World's Blanketeers sew for the com... Jul 23 Warning 2
Brother Arty Jul 23 Alter boy 2
Cougar Jul 23 CavScout 1

Kissimmee Jobs

Personal Finance

Kissimmee Mortgages