Ex-Osceola detective gets 5 years pro...

Ex-Osceola detective gets 5 years probation in exposing himself...

There are 25 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 19, 2008, titled Ex-Osceola detective gets 5 years probation in exposing himself.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Ryan H. Brackmeier was arrested in January 2007 on multiple counts of lewd and lascivious exhibition and one count of child abuse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jeff

AOL

#1 May 19, 2008
He's a former police detective because of this? If he was not a cop he would be doin time. Great prosecution
WFT

Casselberry, FL

#2 May 19, 2008
Jeff wrote:
He's a former police detective because of this? If he was not a cop he would be doin time. Great prosecution
His last profession has nothing to do with not "doin time". Cops and prosecutors hate people who do pervy stuff like that. It would be the same sentence if he used to work at Taco Bell. 1st time non violent offenders almost always get probation.
r hernandez

Austin, TX

#3 May 19, 2008
very nice. talk about priorities. a guy in new york kills a dog. goes to prison for 3 years, here an adult exposes himself and gets probation. laws need to be updated and evaluated. they are truly ridiculous. if the detectives kids went through this, he would be going for blood. society is truly going downhill. disgusting.
Oh Bomba Foreign Country

Apopka, FL

#4 May 19, 2008
Show and tell.

He showed.
She told.
Oh Bomba Foreign Country

Apopka, FL

#5 May 19, 2008
r hernandez wrote:
very nice. talk about priorities. a guy in new york kills a dog. goes to prison for 3 years, here an adult exposes himself and gets probation. laws need to be updated and evaluated. they are truly ridiculous. if the detectives kids went through this, he would be going for blood. society is truly going downhill. disgusting.
It's a penis. Not a big thing.
Oh Bomba Foreign Country

Apopka, FL

#6 May 19, 2008
Stupid censorship.

It's a p e n i s.

Not a big thing.
Oh Bomba Foreign Country

Apopka, FL

#7 May 19, 2008
After o comes p
Before f comes e
After m is n
j is preceded by i
R is followed by s

Not a big thing.
Deborah Bracknell

Desoto, TX

#8 May 19, 2008
I know he lost his livelihood and his career, but doesn't this seem just a little light?

Since: Jan 08

Oviedo, FL

#9 May 19, 2008
Well besides probation ,he is listed as a sexual predator or offender, right?

Since: Jan 08

Oviedo, FL

#10 May 19, 2008
Oh Bomba Foreign Country wrote:
After o comes p
Before f comes e
After m is n
j is preceded by i
R is followed by s
Not a big thing.
Idiot, What are you "trying to say" ?
tony soprano

Clermont, FL

#11 May 19, 2008
Let me get this right...If you punch a cop in the face, you'll get more time in jail than if you punched an ordinary citizen in the face. Their are countless laws that carry a harsher penalties if the victim is a cop. A cops life/well-being is held to a higher standard, so why isnt the punishment just a harsher if a cop breaks the law? Double standard.
british wench

United States

#12 May 20, 2008
tony soprano wrote:
Let me get this right...If you punch a cop in the face, you'll get more time in jail than if you punched an ordinary citizen in the face. Their are countless laws that carry a harsher penalties if the victim is a cop. A cops life/well-being is held to a higher standard, so why isnt the punishment just a harsher if a cop breaks the law? Double standard.
I agree. However, they do have it rougher in jail, because the general inmate population hates cops.
Pompano

Moseley, VA

#13 May 20, 2008
Kill the devil beast. F'n Perv
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#14 May 20, 2008
swatto wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot, What are you "trying to say" ?
It rhymes with weenus.
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#15 May 20, 2008
british wench wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. However, they do have it rougher in jail, because the general inmate population hates cops.
So. What's your point?
McCain for Prez

Apopka, FL

#16 May 22, 2008
swatto wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot, What are you "trying to say" ?
they censor correct spellings
of peeeeenus
thanks for caring

Melbourne Beach, FL

#17 Mar 15, 2009
all i have to say... is those who say "oh he exposed himself, not a big deal" well its a big deal when your eleven years old and it continues till your 16 and then you finally have the strength to finally put the m f'er in jail... some people are way too heartless about these situtation... i just hope you or a daughter has to experience it so you can finally have a life experience to give some heart away for.
zippy

AOL

#18 Mar 15, 2009
Its Bushes fault !!!
PDQ

Palm Coast, FL

#19 Mar 15, 2009
zippy wrote:
Its Bushes fault !!!
"Its Bushes fault !!!"? That's your contribution? It's not even proper. Punctuate, pinhead, punctuate. While you're at it, try to contribute something worthwhile and/or on-topic. Otherwise, you just make yourself look stupid.(Which you're very good at, by the way.)
Kissimmee Resident

Palm Bay, FL

#20 Apr 27, 2009
What is disturbing about this case is how quick everyone is to immediately associate guilt with an arrest. It appears that these charges were brought up while he was going through a divorce.
When the case finally went to trial, there was a plea agreement. Search for the public records, here is a copy of the files.
http://cmevalley.blogspot.com/2008/05/public-...
Do you know what he was convicted of?
CONTRIBUTING TO THE DELINQUENCY OR DEPENDENCY OF A MINOR
per the plea agreement.
But will people actually go and investigate that information? Not likely. It is more likely they will read this arrest page, not know that he was going through a divorce at the time and not know that he was not convicted for the charge of exposing himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kissimmee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Way Home Fellowship in Kissimmee Jun 10 DavidBenYHWH 1
Yeehaw Junction Music Thread (Jul '14) Jun 9 Musikologist 6
News Florida leaders debate the economic impact of l... Jun 7 Rustyztwo 1
Kristen Gilbride Disney College Program, Family... Jun 4 Pat Ed Jones 1
Review: Graham Group LLC (Jan '13) May 23 Jellyfish 5
Vintage Bakelite Mah Jongg Sets for Sale! (Feb '09) May '17 LJ in MN 7
Haunted Places in and around Kissimmee (Jul '09) Apr '17 Mcfarland 66

Kissimmee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance