Sexual-related incidents at water par...

Sexual-related incidents at water parks prompts review

There are 17 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 1, 2009, titled Sexual-related incidents at water parks prompts review. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

With temperatures rising in Central Florida, water parks are becoming popular spots for locals and tourists wanting to cool off.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Stay Classy San Diego

Orlando, FL

#1 Jul 1, 2009
This happens to many ppl without them thinking about it. A casual brush or bump against someones private parts is enough for many ppl to "get off". It's not always about the insertion of body parts and limbs. Be alert and don't be dumb! Wave pools and tight quarters are notorious for perverts to brush up against women or men and excuse it as an accident. Tell your youngins to be aware!
Reality_Check

Debary, FL

#2 Jul 1, 2009
Stay Classy San Diego wrote:
This happens to many ppl without them thinking about it. A casual brush or bump against someones private parts is enough for many ppl to "get off". It's not always about the insertion of body parts and limbs. Be alert and don't be dumb! Wave pools and tight quarters are notorious for perverts to brush up against women or men and excuse it as an accident. Tell your youngins to be aware!
Not only at the waterparks, but the theme parks too. There are many predators...this town is a playground for them, and pictures of your child are being taken on a daily basis. Being alert is the best defense.
harry paratestes

Allen, TX

#3 Jul 1, 2009
be on the lookout for juan ramon victor lopez emilio copafeel.
Marie Genitempo

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jul 1, 2009
I worked at Sea World and was never trained or told anything related to the following statement.((Our people are very well trained to look out for anything inappropriate)) I guess this is what they call public relations, or a coverup.
Gregg 420

United States

#5 Jul 1, 2009
Mi Orgullo, wonder where prexployer and David Lopes on this story.

Victor Ramos, where is your feel good spin on this story?

Lock up these disturbing individuals, if found guilty execute em!
Maitland Resident

Kissimmee, FL

#6 Jul 1, 2009
WARNING : Touch my kid and the police will be called to pick your broken caracus out of the water.

Parents...keep your eyes on your kids.
Jake

Oviedo, FL

#7 Jul 1, 2009
A spat is an argument. If you had a significant number of spats between two people or groups, you would have a spate of spats. It is obvious that the Slantinel' writers, from the inordinate number of mistakes made, either have no formal education, don't care or are just too stupid to know the difference between words such as "spat" and "spate".
Eons ago, newspapers took pride in using correct grammar and spelling.
voter

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Jul 1, 2009
in third world south and central america this type of behaviour perpetrated by males is rampant epidemic and inherently common ....third world crime comes with the legal and illegal importation of third world deviats with no respect for u.s. laws.....we need a moratorium on all immigration....and a serious enforcement on illegals here in the u.s.a.,illegally....

“American Against Fascism”

Since: Apr 08

Central Florida

#9 Jul 1, 2009
voter wrote:
in third world south and central america this type of behaviour perpetrated by males is rampant epidemic and inherently common ....third world crime comes with the legal and illegal importation of third world deviats with no respect for u.s. laws.....we need a moratorium on all immigration....and a serious enforcement on illegals here in the u.s.a.,illegally....
Liar. It is inappropriate everywhere.
Factual

AOL

#10 Jul 1, 2009
Chester DeGrasse wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be inappropriate to the women but
not necessarily to the men. They had to start operating separate subway trains in Mexico City recently due to all of the women being touched, rubbed against and ASSAULTED by the Mexican men while traveling. Now they have Women Only trains that keep the female passengers safe. What does that say about THEIR "culture"????
Reality Check

Orlando, FL

#11 Jul 1, 2009
Wet and Wild is the worst offender. Every Memorial Day they cater to thousands of young black people who notoriously grope each other and engage in vulgar and widespread lewd activity throughout the park. Wet and Wild is aware of this day and will even refund unsuspecting tourists who don't realize until it is to late what is going on. These people act like wild animals, but year after year Wet and Wild welcomes them with open arms and open cash registers to engage in this type of unbelievable behavior. I know this because I have worked at this event the last 6 years. They even have to hire extra cops which they have actually cut back on over the years to save money at the expense of maintaining civility and order.
Hotmomma

Satellite Beach, FL

#12 Jul 2, 2009
Before the big change to the OSlantinel someone said to google pedophiles and water parks. I did. Here is the link to the first article and a quote from it:

http://www.tppc.org/publications_pedophiles_p...

"Why Pedophiles Love Waterparks
A crowded waterpark provides an almost unlimited selection of possible victims. Ask a pedophile what he thinks about waterparks and this is what you’ll hear,“It’s a paradise. Where else can you find tanned, beautiful kids in tiny little bathing suits?” Families, looking through eyes of innocence, see waterparks as good, clean fun. Child molesters, looking through eyes of lust, see opportunity.

Waterparks offer easy access to children. Parents let their children wander about the park to enjoy the activities. Child molesters like environments where they have easy access to children—children whose parents may not have them in direct sight at all times."
Amanda

Calvert City, KY

#13 Jul 2, 2009
Pu-lease! The girl at Wet N Wild was fondled, not raped! The Slantinel at its finest.

And, notice that the guy at Aquatica was arrested. Still nothing about the guy at Wet N Wild.

Go to trashy places, get treated like trash.
Amanda

Calvert City, KY

#14 Jul 2, 2009
Chester DeGrasse wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the nutjob always posting about tolerance and against dictating one world view?

In the Latin American culture, among many others, woman are treated as objects. Men cheating on beating their wives is commonly ignored as a part of life. It's THEIR CULTURE!

Why is it okay for you to call their world view and culture inappropriate?

Oh yeah, I forgot. It's because, judging by your posts everywhere, you're only an "American against fascism" when people disagree with YOUR world view.
qzone

Sterling, VA

#15 Aug 18, 2009
FL sucks
watchwhatusay

Harpers Ferry, WV

#16 Aug 18, 2009
qzone wrote:
FL sucks
Well then it is a good thing you live elsewhere!
Jayme

Langley, Canada

#17 Jan 17, 2018
Reality Check wrote:
Wet and Wild is the worst offender. Every Memorial Day they cater to thousands of young black people who notoriously grope each other and engage in vulgar and widespread lewd activity throughout the park. Wet and Wild is aware of this day and will even refund unsuspecting tourists who don't realize until it is to late what is going on. These people act like wild animals, but year after year Wet and Wild welcomes them with open arms and open cash registers to engage in this type of unbelievable behavior. I know this because I have worked at this event the last 6 years. They even have to hire extra cops which they have actually cut back on over the years to save money at the expense of maintaining civility and order.

your racist is showing honey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kissimmee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sedano's do you think it's good? (Jun '10) Sep 17 Grow up already 21
News Barack Obama was kicked out of the Magic Kingdo... Sep '18 Time 4 the show 1
News Scott Mansfield granted new trial (Feb '09) Sep '18 mass12 33
News Two sexual predators move to Kissimmee and Poin... (May '10) Sep '18 Finn 3
Find a Doctor that Cares!! Aug '18 John Conover 1
Review: Solivita (Sep '12) Aug '18 Former Solivita R... 50
News 2nd victim in shooting dies (Nov '06) Aug '18 dara 15

Kissimmee Jobs

Personal Finance

Kissimmee Mortgages