8-year-old boy hit, dies after gettin...

8-year-old boy hit, dies after getting off school bus

There are 25 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 1, 2007, titled 8-year-old boy hit, dies after getting off school bus. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

An 8-year-old boy died this afternoon in Kissimmee after getting off a school bus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GRW

Miami Beach, FL

#1 Oct 1, 2007
sad very sad RIP
Forrest Trump

Orlando, FL

#2 Oct 1, 2007
Probably another one of Orlando angry drivers that hit him.
Reality Check

Spring Hill, FL

#5 Oct 1, 2007
Nate Higgers wrote:
Wow this is incredibly sad. I hope the investigation is prompt and swift justice is administered in all those responsible. My thoughts go out to the family of the child.
Why does "swift justice" have to be "administered"? We don't even know who was at fault here. Assuming by your "rush" to judgement you know something the rest of us don't?

“PROUD TO BE CHRISTIAN”

Since: Mar 07

Batesville, AR

#6 Oct 1, 2007
just like everyone else, I too hope this is solved ASAP.......poor kid....
Lord Help US

Lincoln, NE

#7 Oct 1, 2007
Sad for the kid! The news said that he went behind the school bus and stepped into the path of an oncoming car. Aren't the kids told that they are to cross the street in FRONT of the bus? I know we were and that has been years ago. Even my parents always told me to cross in front of the bus while the bus driver has their stop signs and flashers still out.
david

Ruskin, FL

#8 Oct 1, 2007
very very sad to hear these stories
wondering in orlando

Clearwater, FL

#10 Oct 1, 2007
God Bless the Little guy!! May he rest in peace. Say a prayer for the parents the loss must just be devastating! I am sorry for their tragic loss. It goes to show how precious life is and how we should always tell our loved ones that we love them for we never know when tomorrow may never come.
Jeb Clampet

United States

#11 Oct 1, 2007
Some moron in a hurry to go home and drink beer. I hope they are happy they have killed a young kid. If you see kids getting off the bus walking slow down they are young and dont think before running across the road
phoenix

Clayton, NC

#12 Oct 1, 2007
Bob wrote:
That's the thing about kids, easy to make more.
Yep, someone made a prick like you. Obvious you do not have kids, and if you do, may God help them. Show a little compassion or shut the hell up.
get all the facts

Winter Park, FL

#13 Oct 1, 2007
I also heard that he went behind the bus rather than in front of it. I can see my little guy doing the same thing - feeling invincible. I think that the driver of the car has to be feeling more awful than any of us can imagine. I turned right onto the road one time after carefully looking both ways - and a kid on a bike zipped in front of my car as I pulled out. He went over the hood as we collided. He was fine - much more fine than I was! I felt horrible! Anyhow, kids do things - and that's just how they are. Let's not automatically assume that the driver was "some moron in a hurry to go home and drink beer."
somedaymaybe

United States

#14 Oct 1, 2007
Lord Help US wrote:
Sad for the kid! The news said that he went behind the school bus and stepped into the path of an oncoming car. Aren't the kids told that they are to cross the street in FRONT of the bus? I know we were and that has been years ago. Even my parents always told me to cross in front of the bus while the bus driver has their stop signs and flashers still out.
now they tell them to go BEHIND the bus as the buses were running over the kids! Just no safe place for kids to be these days. Everyone is in such a hurry. RIP and my prayers are going out to the family
The_Bus

Winter Haven, FL

#15 Oct 1, 2007
The article makes it sound like the bus hit him!!! Is this incorrect?!?!?!
Lord Help US

Lincoln, NE

#16 Oct 1, 2007
Vehicle Hits, Kills Sixth Grade Boy
Monday, October 01, 2007 7:58:24 PM

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2007/10/1/...

Here is the latest. The driver will not face any charges. The kid was also not 8 years old but a 6th grade middle school student.

The driver must feel awful and will have to live with this for the rest of their life.
get all the facts

Winter Park, FL

#17 Oct 1, 2007
Everything I've found on line recommends that kids NEVER cross behind the bus. And they need to be several paces in front of the bus and if they drop something, don't bend down to get it, but tell the bus driver so they know you are still there.
DAVID

Windermere, FL

#18 Oct 1, 2007
WHENEVER YOUR AROUND KIDS ON THE RUN WE ALL HAVE TO BE EXPECTING ANYTHING

“Wake me when its over....”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#19 Oct 1, 2007
Bob wrote:
Simply stated for a simpleton like you:

You're a jerk.
Been Around

Orlando, FL

#20 Oct 1, 2007
Bob wrote:
I hope to God that after the young boy was struck by the car, there was no time for him to suffer, laying on the side of the road in absolute agony, hoping he would be okay, wanting his mother (or somebody who loved him) to be by his side, and dying alone and scared. Because if he suffered that way, you deserve to rot in hell for making such a moronic comment. You know what, you deserve to rot in hell either way.
crispcoolair

Sandy, UT

#21 Oct 1, 2007
Bob wrote:
Bob on this awhile a88hole
Buster

Sanford, FL

#22 Oct 1, 2007
It gets on my nerves when I see drivers speeding through parking lots. All it will take is one little kid to snatch free from their parent's hand, and the kid will be killed by one of these fools who think a parking lot is a roadway.
get all the facts

Winter Park, FL

#23 Oct 1, 2007
This wasn't a parking lot. It was a road. And the boy had already made it to the other side of the road and bus had left... when he darted back into the road. What would you do if you were the driver and someone all of a sudden ran in front of you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kissimmee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toho Sewage health concerns Sep 21 Rise 1
Review: Solivita (Sep '12) Sep 11 ACM 49
If you are riding hurricane Irma please print y... Sep 10 Concerned Onlooker 2
Kissimmee police left as I had 2nd stroke (Feb '17) Sep 4 They sucked 3
When did Kissimmee become 2/3 latino/Puerto Rican? (Jul '14) Aug 29 WHITE NEW YORKER 29
Review: PROMOCIONES CULTURA Y HERENCIA HISPANA(... Aug 26 Rosam01 1
Boxing 26th sept Aug 25 Bev1921 1

Kissimmee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kissimmee Mortgages