Annette Adams

Ozark, MO

#1 Feb 24, 2007
I haven't been to Rice's store in about 50 years, but understand they are still in business. My grandparents lived in the area. Had an aunt related to the Holtz's. I use to go in the store when I was there in the summertime visiting from FL asking if they had any Coke Cola's. They were always so kind and friendly. Laughed at my southern accent. My daughter stopped last Fall asking where the cemetary was as my Mother (Kathleen Whipple Griffith)is buried there. That's how I know they are still in business. I now live in MO now but remember those good folks.
God bless you all.
preacheradams@centurytel.net
kraftdee

Ithaca, NY

#2 Apr 3, 2007
The store is not open any longer. It has not been open for years. It is now a residential home. Someone did try to open a florist at the location, but was unable to. In fact you can not even go to Bill's Big M anymore. The closest store is in Fayetteville or Chittenango. So I am not sure where your daughter stopped but it was not Rice's Store. I grew up in Kirkville and my family still lives there today. In fact right on the same street as the store was located some even right next door. It was a great place and I have many fond memories of Mr and Mrs Ford.
Jim Conley

Loveland, CO

#3 Jul 12, 2007
I grew up in Kirkville on Peck Road. We moved in 79 when I was 13. Can anybody tell me if Pecks Pond is still there? Colojimbo@aol.com. Thanks. Jim Conley
anotomous

Rome, NY

#4 Aug 14, 2009
i live on peck rd.. um yes pecks pond is still there.. but its a environmential testing center now ha. cuase they found a two headed turtle .. and yeah im not talking bout a store
pamelad

Ithaca, NY

#5 Oct 31, 2017
kraftdee wrote:
The store is not open any longer. It has not been open for years. It is now a residential home. Someone did try to open a florist at the location, but was unable to. In fact you can not even go to Bill's Big M anymore. The closest store is in Fayetteville or Chittenango. So I am not sure where your daughter stopped but it was not Rice's Store. I grew up in Kirkville and my family still lives there today. In fact right on the same street as the store was located some even right next door. It was a great place and I have many fond memories of Mr and Mrs Ford.
I grew up in the Beehive about 1000 ft from the store...Mrs.Ford used to play the piano. Lovely people...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirkville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The old Elbow Room (Jan '16) Sun Pig legs 3
Tenants Bolivar landing apartments (Nov '14) Apr 18 Phil Trombino 54
tuscarora road (Apr '15) Apr 16 Engine block 31
Gen N. Apr 10 Already stated 1
Keep your Riff Raff out of our town (Sep '10) Apr 7 BLACKBOOTS 63
scum bag of canastota/chittenango dead (Nov '14) Apr 7 Smart 2 22
Cclf (Aug '16) Apr 7 Goodwill 7

Kirkville Jobs

Personal Finance

Kirkville Mortgages