Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & S...

Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions

There are 2951 comments on the Edmunds.com story from Feb 20, 2006, titled Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

Created by KarenS in the Maintenance & Repair Message Board. Your Host is mr_shiftright What is this discussion about? Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, Sedan, Electric, Engine # 2962 of 2971 Visor and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

Kevin

Waynesboro, TN

#1298 Jun 1, 2008
I found the fuse on the prev question. But the a/c is acting up. Every time I turn it to recirculate the air inside the cabin it goes back to blowing it in from outside. and then will not blow as cold. check the freon and is fine,what could be causing this?
Malibu Cheap car

Tucson, AZ

#1299 Jun 2, 2008
jen chaltry wrote:
I changed my battery in my 98 malibu 6 cylinder and my fuel gage arm won't work;its the one inside the dashboard.How do I get it to work again?
Had the same problem - I used a paperclip to flip the fuel gauge arm to the normal position. A shop wanted $800+ to put in a whole new gauge package.
Derick

Hallowell, ME

#1300 Jun 3, 2008
(I Got a '99 Chevy Malibu V6)and When my fuel tank gets below half a tank, when i start to accelerate, the fuel gadge on the dash goes STRIGHT to 'EMPTY' and the empty warning light goes on. I shut it off...it goes bacc up to Half a tank or w/e until i put it in drive. Then wen it continues again, i shut it off and try to restart it, the car will continue stalling, and shut off...somebody let me kno wat i should do.
=Thanx
Ryan

Lebanon, KY

#1301 Jun 3, 2008
I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu. The CD in my CD player will not eject. There's two little plastic parts holding it in that won't move when I hit eject. The comp just says check disc or no disc.

Any ideas?
jen cootes

Victoria, Canada

#1302 Jun 6, 2008
granleli wrote:
Can someone tell me what my miles to the gal should be in town for my 2000 malibu LS?...I have had it 2 years but just now checked my mileage....I get 19 miles in town. Is that normal?
I have an 05 malibu maxx that I just did a complete brake job on. The rotors had to be turned twice in under 40 000km and the brake job was done at 52 000 km
jen cootes

Victoria, Canada

#1303 Jun 6, 2008
i have an 05 malibu maxx that has had a complete brake job done at 52 000km and the rotors had to be turned twice at under 35 000km the dealer would only help me the first time and said that I used my brakes too much. I have never had this problem in any other vehicle that I have owned.
lauren

Redmond, WA

#1304 Jun 7, 2008
Hi. My malibu 2004 won't start. I have left the car in the on position for more than 15min and still nothing. Also the power locks have stoped working. Does anyone know what this is?
peter

AOL

#1305 Jun 8, 2008
I have a malibu maxx rsa system in my car , I purchased a malibu rse dvd system and installed it myself , but it doesn't power up. Does it need to be programed to the radio how do I fix it so it powers up?
Mark

Fort Lee, NJ

#1306 Jun 10, 2008
2004 Malibu: Red Brake light in dash goes on & off periodically. Brakes were checked and are fine, brake fluid is good and the brakes respond normally. Has anyone else had this problem?
melinda mayfield

Raleigh, NC

#1307 Jun 11, 2008
I Have a 98 chevy malibu, and I really need the code to unlock my radio. I would have to go to the dealer and they are going to charge me 45 dollars I am a single mom that is alot of money considering the gas prices. Please someone help me.
Avinash

Franklin, TN

#1308 Jun 13, 2008
Raul wrote:
First 2 positions on AC switch died any suggestions?
I had the same problem. Easy soulution is to get the HVAC controller replaced. It is about $600 from the dealer, or replace it yourself. Search on internet, there is a procedure available to do it. I did not have time so I went to the dealer. AC place will do it for cheap. It is a recall that is only valid for so many miles. If your car is covered then you can get it done for free.
Avinash

Franklin, TN

#1309 Jun 13, 2008
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Just got my 2004 malibu back from shop it was making a loud clunking noise from the front end and it felt like I might lose the front end going over a bump! All the bearings in the front end were worn out and I was told that You just can't fix that part it all comes in one large front end part in the end it cost me $1000. He told me that the rack and pin would go next$$$ You should know I was told there are absolutely no grease fittings in the front end of these cars so things have to be replaced and can't be fixed. Also engine light has come on 3 times in one month all to do with the gas cap Any ideas?
Replace gas cap, it fails when the computer systems tests the fuel vapor system (part of Government requirement). Yes front end does not have grease fittings. I have 80K miles (2201) and no front end problem.
Avinash

Franklin, TN

#1310 Jun 13, 2008
YosefB wrote:
I have a 99 Malibu and had manifold gasket replaced ($500) and also have issue with first 2 fan speeds. I am replacing the resistor blower motor (~20) which I hear is the problem- from mechanics and others after doing that. Good luck to us with Malibus.
P.s. I hear blinkers are next to go...
Blinkers on a recall. For the HVAC problem, in my case the controller behind the knob was replaced, I think resistor pack is part of that. It may be smart to replace the whole thing.
Terri Clearwater Fl

Dunedin, FL

#1311 Jun 13, 2008
Any ideas why the gas cap won't tighten down , any good solutions ? Malibu 04
Debra

Jefferson City, MO

#1312 Jun 16, 2008
My 2001 Malibu's control ventilation-force of air has stopped working on level 1 & 2 of 5. Also, front end shakes when I get to about 65 mph. Anyone have a solution? thx
GMR

Barrie, Canada

#1313 Jun 16, 2008
Debra wrote:
My 2001 Malibu's control ventilation-force of air has stopped working on level 1 & 2 of 5. Also, front end shakes when I get to about 65 mph. Anyone have a solution? thx
Ventilation problem is probably the Blower Resistor Pack. This is located on supply air duct just above front passengers toes. about edge of carpeting. Buy the new unit first so you know what the connector end looks like as the main body is buried in the duct. Needs a small hex wrench; I cut slots in screw heads for ease of re-assembly and future changes.
A speed specific shaking is usually a wheel balance problem; if balancing does not fix it check tie rod ends first then Suspension ball joints.
02 malibu

Charlottetown, Canada

#1314 Jun 16, 2008
Nick wrote:
I recently started to notice that my 2002 Malibu would make the turn signal clicking noise without me engaging the turn signal. I hear the noise but see no light, nor do I see my actual lights blinking. The signal works fine when I actually do signal. I have narrowed the problem down to what I believe is a poor connection somewhere, because if I touch the turn signal ever so slightly, I hear the noise (car was parked when I did this). I am tempted to remove the plastic covering just below the steering wheel, but I wanted to find out other people's opinion. Is this a wise thing to do, or should I leave it to the pros? I should say that I am no car expert but I can quite comfortable working on cars and am adept at working with mechanical/electrical things. Thanks in advance.
the turn signal indicator, costs about 300.00 CDN plus taxes
eric

Dayton, OH

#1315 Jun 17, 2008
louis wrote:
I have a 2004 malibu. The door look system does not work proper. The side lock control button also does not work.
When I park my car, I have to lock my car by hand. The key can only control driver side door lock.But the unlock system works, I can use my key to unlock all doors together. I don't know why I can't lock all door at the same time. And even when the car is not being locked, the display shows the car locked.
you have to go into the controls threw the cd player it has to where you change the locking system
elisa

Miami, FL

#1316 Jun 17, 2008
My chevy malibu is a 2003. The problem i am having is the air conditioner light blinks off and on. I went to a air conditioner repair place and they told my they could not fix it because it was electrical. Has anyone had a similar problem with their car? And if so how did you fix the issue?
randy

Oklahoma City, OK

#1317 Jun 17, 2008
i own a 2000 chevy malibu, about 4 days ago my a/c blower motor would stop blowing strongly and just die out. if the car is left over an hour with out running i notice it will blow fine and then stop blowing in less than 15 minutes. it is almost as if the a/c is freezing up. could it be the blower motor, a relay or a resistor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirkersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cute driver for liberty union May 17 Smokey bandit 1
News Ohio High School Football - Liberty Union beat ... (Oct '07) May 17 Smokey bandit 3
Andrew stuller (Nov '15) May 9 Anonymous 2
Gangstalking.com Apr 28 Marked 1
Murder in Pataskala (Aug '10) Apr 26 Cwu 141
News Woman describes assault by nurse | The Columbus... (Mar '10) Apr '18 Sue ann 56
News Merrill, Ronald Apr '18 Kermit Chaney 1

Kirkersville Jobs

Personal Finance

Kirkersville Mortgages