Police shoot horse on highway near Hi...

Police shoot horse on highway near Hibbing

There are 2 comments on the Duluth Budgeteer News story from Dec 24, 2012, titled Police shoot horse on highway near Hibbing. In it, Duluth Budgeteer News reports that:

A wayward horse that refused to be corralled or to move off busy Minnesota Highway 73 south of Hibbing was shot Sunday afternoon by a state trooper.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Duluth Budgeteer News.

horse shot on hwy 73

United States

#1 Dec 27, 2012
i called i horse recuss place. they told me by law the police can not shoot the horse for being on the road. the law states that you are to catch the horse and if your not trained to you call in someone that is trained in doing it. and that you have to hold the horse for 10 days so the owner can clam the horse. of on owner comes forward after 10 day they can put the horse down. This is what i was told by a horse recusa place. someone might want to check into this. i have horses along hwy 73 out of hibbing. im greatly worried about my horses what if a deer ran threw and broke the wire and my horses got out. are they just gonna shoot them to? this worries me! i want to know mine will be safe
jenny thomsen

Chalfont, PA

#2 Jun 24, 2013
My husband hit a horse brod side on the same hwy near hibbing on Christmas Day, lucky for him he was in a full size Chevy truck. There was no avoiding the accident it was either the horse or head on traffic. It could have been very a tragic Christmas for our family. It ended with the owner shooting the horse and ten grand in damage to the truck. I grew up with horses, my parents still have horses but my opinion is, if the horse is out and can't be caught the appropriate authorities should absolutely have the right to shoot the animal, just like a dangerous dog....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kinney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tulenchik sentenced in burglary, beating (Mar '08) Aug 13 Lori 16
Hibbing Music Thread (Sep '13) Aug 8 Musikologist 9
News 28-year-old Two Harbors man held in Megan Ashle... (Dec '07) Jun '16 Thank ur mom 25
News Iron Range communities act on vision for new ho... (Feb '09) Jun '16 positronium 6
Review: Mary I. Johnson Attorney at Law (Jun '11) Jun '16 wdmstr9 11
News Orchids and Onions (Jul '07) Sep '07 Just Reading 4

Kinney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kinney Mortgages