First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Candie

Clarksburg, WV

#1 Jun 8, 2013
I will pray for you

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 Jun 8, 2013
I speak now our Lord Satan's prayer of protection in honor of Lee Barbo...

"O Mighty Lord Satan, by whom all things are set free, cast Lee Barbo utterly into thine arms and place Lee unreservedly under thy all powerful protection. Comfort Lee and deliver Lee from all of the hindrances and snares of those who wish to harm her, both seen and unseen."

"Visit justice and vengeance upon those who seek her destruction. Render them powerless and devastated. Direct their malice to return upon them tenfold and to destroy them who would resent her being."

"Fill her soul with thy infernal power, strengthen her, that she may persevere in your service, and act as an agent of thy works and a vessel of thy will."

"This I ask in your name, almighty and ineffable Lord Satan who liveth and reigneth forevermore."
Lee Barbo

Buckhannon, WV

#3 Jun 9, 2013
Been there, done that. I can even pray in tongues. I was raised Christian. My family was members of the Church of the Nazarene up until 1979 when my dad began taking us to an Assembly of God - my first experience with tongues and the faith/charismatic movement.
I was filled with the spirit, as it's called, when I was 14. I've read the Bible cover to cover seeking divine knowledge. I've read the KJV, Dakes, NIV, Amplified, and I have a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Ironically, part of the reason I'm an atheist is my study of
the Bible. Of course, that's not the only reason, but it's one of many.
Pray for me, if you like, but according to the Bible, I've committed the unpardonable sin. As for myself, I am perfectly happy being an atheist, but if it bugs you, you can pray for me. Not that anything will change.
My own philosophy is that we should all simply be respectful of each other's ideals and not try to treat any one of them as superior to another when it comes to our interactions with one another. Open dialogue and respectful communication with respectful exchange of idealsis always welcome with me, however, proselytizing and judgemental condescension is not.
GoodGod

Bronx, NY

#4 Jun 9, 2013
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence.....

I'm an atheist because I have read the bible....

Since: Apr 13

Apo, AE

#5 Jun 13, 2013
Seriously??? People have nothing better to do then to sit around and worry about my mothers religion? Ignorant fools! I guess all of todays so called christians just decided to skip the part of the bible that says judge not lest ye be judged. And by the way, God doesn't give out extra credit to those who pray for someone on topix. Maybe you should spend a little more time praying for yourself instead of worrying about my family. My mother and father aren't christians but they have way more values and integrity than the majority of the christians I have met. So keep thumping your bible and judging everyone who doesn't share your beliefs...by the way your christmas tree that you put up every year was originally a Pagan tradition that the christians adopted. Have fun celebrating at christmas :)
ignoranceisbliss

United States

#6 Jun 13, 2013
who="Klaus K"]I speak now our Lord Satan's prayer of protection in honor of Lee Barbo...
"O Mighty Lord Satan, by whom all things are set free, cast Lee Barbo utterly into thine arms and place Lee unreservedly under thy all powerful protection. Comfort Lee and deliver Lee from all of the hindrances and snares of those who wish to harm her, both seen and unseen."
"Visit justice and vengeance upon those who seek her destruction. Render them powerless and devastated. Direct their malice to return upon them tenfold and to destroy them who would resent her being."
"Fill her soul with thy infernal power, strengthen her, that she may persevere in your service, and act as an agent of thy works and a vessel of thy will."
"This I ask in your name, almighty and ineffable Lord Satan who liveth and reigneth forevermore."
You sir are a nut job u always post all this prayer stuff u don't have to its aggravating. I'm sure u could find something better to do than sit at your computer typing prayers for people!!!
A person hurt in the mix

Weston, WV

#7 Jun 14, 2013
I am a Christian and would like to say the same thing. So don't force hatred of Christianity upon others as you have!!!!

"My own philosophy is that we should all simply be respectful of each other's ideals and not try to treat any one of them as superior to another when it comes to our interactions with one another. Open dialogue and respectful communication with respectful exchange of idealsis always welcome with me, however, proselytizing and judgemental condescension is not." Via Lee
Lee Barbo

Buckhannon, WV

#8 Jun 14, 2013
A person hurt in the mix wrote:
I am a Christian and would like to say the same thing. So don't force hatred of Christianity upon others as you have!!!!
"My own philosophy is that we should all simply be respectful of each other's ideals and not try to treat any one of them as superior to another when it comes to our interactions with one another. Open dialogue and respectful communication with respectful exchange of idealsis always welcome with me, however, proselytizing and judgemental condescension is not." Via Lee
Citation is needed for your claim that I "force hatred of Christianity upon others". Just how do you back up that claim. You cited no incident, so what gives?
Your anonymity doesn't help.
Enuff

Princeton, WV

#9 Jun 14, 2013
I don't hate Christianity, personally.... I hate people like Pat Rovertson preaching misogyny & Ray Comfort & his fruit against evolution.. These people & people that listen to these uneducated snake oil salesman, are halting progress & education.. If you believe that crap, fine!! Keep unproven "theories" (they use that word like that) out of the public school system... Religion should be taught in history class not science, if at all..... Teach it at church.... But their problem with that is, church attendance is so low.. So they try to FORCE it in schools... Yes FORCED.... Keep it at church...

I just think people who believe in an imaginary sky daddy are ignorant & either uneducated or too lazy to become educated & believe what people tell them about a talking snake, a dirt man,rib woman & a boat that held every animal, from goat herding tribes....
that never seen a world beyond 100 miles from where they lived & thought the world was flat ....from a book that was translated 100's of times over 3,000 yrs & no original text can be found......

But not from people who devote their lives studying the universe & DNA.. Not from the smartest people who've ever lived & don't believe that this "life" was created by a being in 6 days...
It took millions of years..

& let's hear the "science isn't perfect & doesn't know everything" arguments...

No crap!!! If they did know everything they would've stopped "doing science"

Since: Apr 13

Apo, AE

#10 Jun 15, 2013
A person hurt in the mix wrote:
I am a Christian and would like to say the same thing. So don't force hatred of Christianity upon others as you have!!!!
"My own philosophy is that we should all simply be respectful of each other's ideals and not try to treat any one of them as superior to another when it comes to our interactions with one another. Open dialogue and respectful communication with respectful exchange of idealsis always welcome with me, however, proselytizing and judgemental condescension is not." Via Lee
You obviously don't know my mother at all. My brothers and I have our christian beliefs because we were raised in a house where religion wasn't forced on us. She doesn't hate religion and for that matter, God gave us the freedom of choice. You must have missed that somewhere in your bible reading. I mean seriously if God had wanted to he could've have made us all follow him blindly. He never wanted that. He wanted us to choose on our own to follow him. So how dare you try to judge others? It is not your place. And if my mother has really pissed God off in same way then it is up to him to judge for "Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord." It is not up to you to force your beliefs down someone else's throat. My mother simply believes in freedom of choice. Simply put, don't force your religion on her and she won't tell you her opinion.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#11 Jun 15, 2013
She is a heathen and no doubt a harlot. Any kids she had should've been taken away from her by the state for condemning them to hell.

God WILL judge

Sinners will burn.

John 3:16

Since: Apr 13

Apo, AE

#12 Jun 15, 2013
Christian Warrior wrote:
She is a heathen and no doubt a harlot. Any kids she had should've been taken away from her by the state for condemning them to hell.
God WILL judge
Sinners will burn.
John 3:16
Lol....a harlot for being an aetheist? All of us kids are just fine. As I have already stated, my brothers and I are all christians. I myself proudly serve in the United States Army. My 2 younger brothers are also looking at joining. You are sadly mistaken for thinking that any of us are condemned. But again I will say "judge not lest ye be judged." It is not your place as a true believer in Christ to judge anyone. Just remember judgement day will come for you as well. And yes John 3:16, I know it very well: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, and whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." God also said that vengence is his, not ours. So maybe you should leave the judging up to him as he is more qualified than someone like yourself who is so full of hate. You speak venom and not any words of healing or blessings.
ThyYnGy

Fairmont, WV

#13 Jun 15, 2013
StoptheSilence wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol....a harlot for being an aetheist? All of us kids are just fine. As I have already stated, my brothers and I are all christians. I myself proudly serve in the United States Army. My 2 younger brothers are also looking at joining. You are sadly mistaken for thinking that any of us are condemned. But again I will say "judge not lest ye be judged." It is not your place as a true believer in Christ to judge anyone. Just remember judgement day will come for you as well. And yes John 3:16, I know it very well: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, and whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." God also said that vengence is his, not ours. So maybe you should leave the judging up to him as he is more qualified than someone like yourself who is so full of hate. You speak venom and not any words of healing or blessings.
The apple does not fall far from the tree
friend

Crozet, VA

#14 Jun 15, 2013
I've known Lee for several years. I'm a Christian and Lee and I have had very in depth discussions about religion. She knows the Bible better than 99% of my fellow Christians. She has NEVER judged me for my beliefs and I've never judged her for hers. Shes is a very moral person regardless of her belief or lack thereof. Her kids are also great people. Why is is so hard for many of my fellow Christians to not judge others? That is just as big of a sin and any other. Having some decency and respect for the freedom of others is a hard quality to find these days. I'd take Lee over a church full of pretend Christians any day. Mainly due to the fact I would be way less likley to get struck by a God sent lightening bolt intended for a hypocrite.
Sad

Cowen, WV

#15 Jun 15, 2013
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.—Isaiah 45:7

seriously who wishes that there was a permanent, unalterable celestial despotism that subjected us to continual surveillance and could convict us of thought-crime, and who regarded us as its private property even after we died?
How happy we ought to be, at the reflection that there exists not a shred of respectable evidence to support such a horrible hypothesis.

Since: Apr 13

Apo, AE

#16 Jun 15, 2013
ThyYnGy wrote:
<quoted text>
The apple does not fall far from the tree
And what exactly are you implying? Because honestly you could be saying I am a harlot in which case would be slander or your comment makes no sense since I am a christian and my mother is aetheist. So please feel free to clarify. And for those who are slandering my mother using screen names instead of real names, I'll go ahead and reveal my name just so I'm not hiding as the rest of you judgmental hypocrites are, I am Amanda Barbo (now McKinnon) and I am proud of the family I come from because they don't try to be something they're not. What you see is what you get. They don't judge others based on beliefs as you all seem to do. And I bet if most of you revealed your true names a few skeletons would start falling out of some closets.

Since: Apr 13

Apo, AE

#17 Jun 15, 2013
friend wrote:
I've known Lee for several years. I'm a Christian and Lee and I have had very in depth discussions about religion. She knows the Bible better than 99% of my fellow Christians. She has NEVER judged me for my beliefs and I've never judged her for hers. Shes is a very moral person regardless of her belief or lack thereof. Her kids are also great people. Why is is so hard for many of my fellow Christians to not judge others? That is just as big of a sin and any other. Having some decency and respect for the freedom of others is a hard quality to find these days. I'd take Lee over a church full of pretend Christians any day. Mainly due to the fact I would be way less likley to get struck by a God sent lightening bolt intended for a hypocrite.
Thank you whoever you are for seeing my Mother for the wonderful woman she is. I truly thank you for holding up to what you claim to be because there are so many who would rather sit back and judge because they are so unhappy with their own lives. Somehow it makes small minded, bored individuals feel better when they have someone to look down on.
TeamLee

United States

#18 Jun 15, 2013
This is ridiculous! I thought Christians where not suppose to judge other. I see a lot of stone throwing. My Aunt is an amazing woman. Its so sad how easy it is for people to hide behind a fake name on here and bash her.

Since: Jun 13

Apo, AE

#19 Jun 15, 2013
As an outsider that was raised as a christian and married into this family, I just want to say that my mother and father in law have never once tried to force their beliefs on me. They do not hate christians and they would not judge if I prayed at their table if that's what I wanted to do. They are good and honest people.

Since: Jun 13

Apo, AE

#20 Jun 15, 2013
As an outsider that married into this family, I just want to say that my mother and father in law have never tried to force their beliefs on me. If I chose to I could even pray at their table without being judged. They are good and honest people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 18 min bacon hater 58,941
Just moved to kingwood,wv. 9 hr audiojesus 2
oil field trash 12 hr joe 25
lights in the sky 12 hr westongal 1
Lewis county EMS 19 hr coworker 9
Twelve WV Communities Focus on Abandoned, Bligh... 21 hr CleanItUp 1
Kelsey wright 23 hr KelsWrightt 11
Kingwood Dating
Find my Match

Kingwood Jobs

Kingwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kingwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]