Could be moving into the area...would like any info.

Posted in the Kingwood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wandering

Corn, OK

#1 Jun 13, 2013
My husband may be looking at taking a job in the area...I would like any info on elementary schools for our kids, and rental housing in and near Weston.
Thank you!
Resident

Clarksburg, WV

#2 Jun 13, 2013
The schools are ok. The renting is ridiculous. I own my own home however I always see people posting rentals on fb for $1000 a month. That's crazy for around here. You can buy a house with a mortgage 1/2 the price for twice the house. Good luck.
it sucks

United States

#3 Jun 14, 2013
I wouldn't advise moving here there's nothing here for children to do.its become a really crappy town
Ummm

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 14, 2013
With all the drugs and crap I suggest a different town to move to.... Weston isn't the best place to be nowadays
jess

United States

#5 Jun 14, 2013
Not a good place especially for kids their is nothing for them here!! All that's here is pharmacies ,gas stations and bars ohhh and the furniture store that is taking over main street!!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6 Jun 14, 2013
Hope you don't have children cause if you move here there is a 100% chance they'll be molested. Lewis Co. is a well-known sexual predator haven. Oh, and no matter what you do, they WILL end up on drugs.
do not move here

Weston, WV

#7 Jun 14, 2013
schools are bad. buildings are falling down on main street. the few house that are available to buy or rent are ancient and crap. Local leaders make their friends wishes their priority for what gets done and what doesn't. And if you don't come from a founding family or have a bunch of money, your kids won't get much play time in any sport or any league - and other than youth sports leagues there is nothing for the kids to do (except for the pool which is not even open three whole months of the year). Move to Buckhannon or Clarksburg.
DickTrickle

Butler, IN

#8 Jun 14, 2013
Clarksburg???? Everything you just said about Weston applies ten fold to all of Harrison county. Plus clarksburg is a little to dark for any God fearing, Bible thumping, red blooded Republican, if you know what I mean. If you move there be prepared. Those kinds of people are known to steal. Back to Weston; if your Christian, like country music, Ford trucks and apple pie, this is the place for you. Yeee Hawww DickTrickle OUT
OMG

Smithfield, WV

#9 Jun 14, 2013
Klaus K wrote:
Hope you don't have children cause if you move here there is a 100% chance they'll be molested. Lewis Co. is a well-known sexual predator haven. Oh, and no matter what you do, they WILL end up on drugs.
OMG ... You really are an IDIOT... That's all...
do not move here

Weston, WV

#10 Jun 15, 2013
clarksburg has youth programs, YMCA, culture and cultural events, libraries, ample shopping, decent schools, jobs, jobs, jobs and did I say jobs? yes, if poorly educated, confederate flag wavin, ignor-tants and a town with no hope and no future and no jobs is your cup of tea then weston is the place for you.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#11 Jun 15, 2013
IF YOU LOVE YOUR CHILDREN, DO NOT MOVE TO CENTRAL WEST VIRGINIA! IT IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF THE DESTRUCTION RELIGIOSITY, ANTI-INTELLECTUALISM, AND RIGHT-WING CONSERVATISM WREAKS.
SERIOUSLY, THERE IS NO HOPE HERE.
Random D-bag

Fairmont, WV

#12 Jun 15, 2013
These comments are rediculious. There are several nice areas around Jane Lew. North Weston is nice as well. That is the area around the middle school and court house. Kids are pretty safe to do whatever. Not a lot to do but the mall is a 20min trip north. While here, enjoy the parks and lakes.
1 post removed

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#14 Jun 15, 2013
Yeah, your kids will get molested. There's not only a correlation between religious regions and high sexual abuse rates, but also sparsely populated suburban areas like Lewis Co. Once you experience the women here, you'll understand that most of them have been molested by a father, uncle, or both.

Also, the place looks like it's a war zone. Buildings collapsing, poorly planned shopping centers that are eyesores (especially the one blocking the Holiday Inn -- who the hell planned that?) You may have also seen the idiot rednecks on here arguing about how it's okay to wear pajamas in public. Almost 100% of the population here is lazy ignorant trash.

Drugs are at above epidemic proportions here, especially pills and meth. It sometimes seems as though half the county's population has been jailed for drugs or domestic violence. Also, murders and abductions go unsolved here while teenagers with an ounce of pot or a couple prescription pills are thrown in jail for years and come out hardened criminals.

The place is also insanely corrupt. You will NEVER get a job here based on merit or education. The locals have chased off all those that received any education by not hiring them so business doesn't want to come here.

Finally, the folks here are highly religious and superstitious. They believe religious extremism will turn everything around when it only makes things much worse. Hope your kids like having fundamentalism shoved down their throats in school.

To sum up -- awful place to live (or even pass through).
1 post removed
blue

Crozet, VA

#16 Jun 15, 2013
Several nice areas around jane lew, lost creek, mt clare. Weston is not a great place. You have people like the idiots above living there.
Billy bob

Danielson, CT

#17 Jun 17, 2013
Let me tell you what I believe. Herzog is God, Steve Trevor, Klaus K and OMG. Are all the same person.... Pretty sure he was molested in a church by a Meth head. as much as he centers his comments on those topics. He also has severe schizophrenia. Seriously, he's a creep that sits around commenting on every topic. He thinks he's so smart! Lol... What a douchebag.

Since: Jun 13

United States

#18 Jun 22, 2013
DickTrickle wrote:
Plus clarksburg is a little to dark for any God fearing, Bible thumping, red blooded Republican, if you know what I mean. If you move there be prepared. Those kinds of people are known to steal.[...] Yeee Hawww DickTrickle OUT
WTF is wrong with you?

Since: Feb 13

Munford, TN

#19 Jun 22, 2013
If you and your family love banjo music and sodomy, you'll love central West Virginia.
-_-

Thomas, WV

#20 Jun 22, 2013
It's a horrible place to live. Druggies on every block, rapist's in ever corner, and worthless trash getting welfare in every neighborhood. I don't advise moving here. It's a pice of shit!!!
Nun-Ya-Buisness

Terra Alta, WV

#21 Jun 26, 2013
If You Find The Good People Here Than It's A Very Nice Place And The Three Elementary Schools Are Peterson Elementary, Jane Lew Elementary, And St. Patricks Elementary!:) Good Luck
1 post removed
Weston Pride

Greenville, VA

#23 Jun 26, 2013
There are plenty of nice places and areas in Weston. There are also some bad places...just like anywhere.
There are those of us who care what our homes look like and plenty that don't. Just find those areas and avoid the rest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacey Allman 9 min dah 2
Chris clark 41 min Amber 4
zach mealey 1 hr Beth 28
Cry Babies 2 hr AINTNOSHAMEINMYGAME 2
Markus Wilt 2 hr flyboy42 12
Tiffany Marie cadell 4 hr Mary 7
old mill store (Jul '14) 4 hr country 9
More from around the web

Kingwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE