Who's proud of our new Police Force?

Posted in the Kingwood Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Westonian

United States

#1 Jun 5, 2013
I am very proud of our new police force. Gettin a lot done that actually can help
I think.
Sally Jane

Weston, WV

#2 Jun 5, 2013
That is what happens when you get the old gezzers out of the way.
James

Faber, VA

#3 Jun 5, 2013
Not me getting the small guys need to get the actuall dealers.
meto

Ada, OH

#4 Jun 5, 2013
James wrote:
Not me getting the small guys need to get the actuall dealers.
i dont think they are done , they have it planned better then people think, first they get all the small ones that then eventually they will get them.
1 post removed
fckme2tears

Weston, WV

#6 Jun 5, 2013
hey jimmy boy .... several of the people that have been caught are life long criminals with long felony records.
1 post removed
Agreed

Fairmont, WV

#8 Jun 5, 2013
I think these young punks being arrested will do them some good. I agree that it is damaging to their reputation, difficulty will follow no doubt about that but hopefully they get scared and straighten up. They are all adults, they know that doing these things are illegal and made the choice to break the law anyways. Despite psychological issues and addictions, they made the decision. I fully support the fight against Lewis County's drug proble. Once these smaller "dealers" are knocked out, it will be no time before the top comes falling down too. Gissy is on a mission, Im ready to see a change in LC, its headed in that direction. Keep up the great work, majority of the county is supporting it.
gemini

Buckhannon, WV

#9 Jun 5, 2013
Eliminating hard drugs on the streets of Weston will give our next generation a better future. Without access to drugs our children will have safer, healthier and more productive lives. These children are the future, we need wise young adults to help change this awful world we are living in. Praise to Gissy and his boys for what they are doing for the community of Weston.
Proud Friend

Clarksburg, WV

#10 Jun 6, 2013
I think it's GREAT and they are doing an amazing job! Keep up the hard work boys! Get all the scum low life people off the streets us hard working people pay for everyday !
Westonian

United States

#11 Jun 6, 2013
Jim Butcher wrote:
Yep, just proves my point. I wonder which cops were the first to set them on that track by arresting them for non-violent crimes?
so you're saying to slap them on the wrist so they don't really get in trouble and sweep the hundreds of lives they've affected in a negative way under the rug. Don't you think they can probably give them more names? It all leads to the big guys. Oh yeah, also I'm pretty sure they seized 25 plants from one guy's home, I think that qualifies him as one of the big guys. The police took the first step necessary. Just that much less sold on the soil of Lewis co.
1 post removed
Jus sayin

Weston, WV

#13 Jun 6, 2013
Westonian wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you drag your ass into the jail and use your psychological bulls hit on them and see how much they want to listen to you dumbass! let's see how you can change 11 people's lives with your bulls hit. You truly are an educated idiot. Pick up another psychology book and read it because everything you read is true don't you know that. Either way you look at it some people don't understand anything but the long arm of the law. We're not talking about people that have PhD's here, They pretty much are already hardened criminals if they're selling drugs. Maybe they were dealt a bad hand or maybe they just made a choice and started doing it, I don't know. But I for one am glad they got busted so they can't sell highly addictive drugs to my kids in Weston. Let me ask you a question. Is a pedophile a participant in violent crime? I think every one of those motherf uckers should be behind bars. Maybe you could preach your psychological bull shit on them as well. Keep trying to find the underlying reason of why these guys are dealing drugs Jim, And I'll keep being happy that our police force in Weston is putting them away To redirect their path.
Absolutely I do totally agree
in the know

Weston, WV

#14 Jun 7, 2013
you should see the past criminal record of the guy where the plants were seized would be amazed that he was on the streets, and yes, let them push their heroin, pain killers, etc. on your 10 -12 year old child, brother, sister, etc. then see how you react

Since: Feb 13

Millington, TN

#15 Jun 7, 2013
I thought this article by economist Allison Schrager does an excellent job of addressing why most of you are idiots. Time to vote Gissy out.

"Two states in the US—Washington and Colorado—legalized recreational marijuana use this year. More than half of Americans now support legalizing marijuana, up 20 percentage points in the last decade. But the concept of legalizing drugs is not as radical and modern as it may seem. For thousands of years, most drugs, including marijuana, morphine, and cocaine, were produced, sold and consumed legally. It was not until the early 20th century, under an initiative led by American missionaries and temperance groups, that the concept of a global prohibition of drugs took hold. Even then, many countries, particularly drug-producing ones, were reluctant to embrace prohibition. Opponents predicted that criminalizing drug use would never eliminate demand and the cost of interdiction would fall disproportionately on them. They were right. The US and Europe should rethink their drug policy, not only marijuana but all other drugs too.

Prohibition of drugs has not been effective at eradicating their use. As the global drug trade continues to thrive, developing countries pay most of the price. The cost to them not only includes law enforcement, but the violence and corruption associated with the drug trade, which undermines economic development and keeps millions in poverty. A better use of resources would be to treat drugs as a health problem, and legalize and regulate the use and sale of drugs. That would probably make richer countries better, or at least no worse, off, and improve the lot of developing countries.

The US spends more than $40 billion each year on drug prohibition. But that is just the explicit cost. The implicit cost: increased violence, otherwise productive citizens in prison, and perpetual poverty, both at home and, especially, abroad. Countries mired by the violence and corruption associated with the drug trade might otherwise be viable trading partners, with the money spent on drug interdiction better spent on other means. According to the World Bank, at least three-fourths of expenditures on drugs in the US goes toward apprehending and punishing dealers and users; treatment expenditures account for, at most, a mere one-sixth of the total. That’s in spite of evidence that treatment programs are more effective and economical than interdiction.

Drugs can be dangerous and highly addictive, and there is concern that legalizing drugs would lead to a major public health crisis—but that is not necessarily the case.(Arguably, the real drug crisis in America revolves around legal, prescription drugs.) Legalization allows for a more nuanced approached than discouraging drug use through criminalizing possession and sales. For example, cocaine is often not addictive and users tend to be price sensitive. That means taxing cocaine may be an effective deterrent. Regulation can also ensure quality and that drug users get the product they want. Nobel Prize winning economist Gary Becker speculates that drug prohibition increases addiction because it makes users reluctant to seek out treatment."

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#16 Jun 7, 2013
Finally, someone with some sense in Weston. Bless you Big Suze.

And yes, many of these non-intellectual elected officials need voted out. Some of these idiots don't even have college degrees.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#17 Jun 7, 2013
I don't approve of drugs and I don't do them but every time I see folks shuffled off to jail for something as stupid as marajuana i get pissed off that it just means more of my tax money going to put folks in prison for something that will br legal in 10 years, grows in ntaure and is less harmful than beer.

F'n waste of resources is what this crap is.
huhh

United States

#18 Jun 7, 2013
Not proud says this average Weston negro. Not proud at all. Give em hell big suze
Clueless

Faber, VA

#19 Jun 7, 2013
You people think they were small dealers when they were only helping someone get there fix when that person asked, wich helped them get their buzz too,they weren't on the streets slinging the drugs , so before you go saying " you wouldn't want them to sell to your 10 year old" take a better look! Shit isn't like that for one, secondly these people just need help and their not criminals at all, it may have been against the law but when someone becomes an addict it's like being hungry and not being allowed to eat a nice big plate of supper! I just want to clarify that these people didn't do anything rational other than help themselves from being sick! And helping their so called friends who end up being informants from being sick too, it's crazy tho the cops give their drugee informants money for the dope that they get to do for their high, and yet they wanna throw someone in jail for picking up two pills so they can have one smoked with them?! That's just ridiculous that you people think there was a big bust when really they were just average human beings struggling with a life long mistake ! && weed grows on the earth you should beable to smoke that rather than cigs ! But hey, whatever the cops can get someone for...I guess raping isn't as bad as drugs anymore....people get off Scott free for that shit, maybe Gissy is tryin to clean up the streets,he can start by helping rather than give someone two felonies for making a trip down the road for their informant ! You keep your drugee informants high! There's nothing wrong with that! Hah ...sarcasm as you can see! Everyone is completely clueless! Don't give them help, make them hate their lives and self even more....real pat on the back there folks!
Westonian

Weston, WV

#20 Jun 7, 2013
Herzog is God wrote:
Finally, someone with some sense in Weston. Bless you Big Suze.
And yes, many of these non-intellectual elected officials need voted out. Some of these idiots don't even have college degrees.
it's clear that you smoke weed. I get that but do you also do heroin, coke, crack, oxycodone, or hydrocodone? I agree that the gov has wasted lots of time and energy on busting true weed growers.., but that's not what we have here. Plus.., news flash, refer is still illegal! If they are selling it, it's totally illegal. Either way you have a point, but still wrong. No body busted, nor you live in Washington state or Colorado. Move there if you feel so strongly about it.
lucille

United States

#21 Jun 8, 2013
I feel as if the police should start from the top instead of busting someone with just 1 or 2 pills. They need to start with the ones who get medical cards and get whatever from the doctor just because taxpayers pay for those scripts anyway. then go from there i mean it don't take a genius to figure it out!!
Westonian

Ardsley, NY

#22 Jun 8, 2013
lucille wrote:
I feel as if the police should start from the top instead of busting someone with just 1 or 2 pills. They need to start with the ones who get medical cards and get whatever from the doctor just because taxpayers pay for those scripts anyway. then go from there i mean it don't take a genius to figure it out!!
How else would they find out who the top people are, genius? The dirtbags they caught with one or two pills as you claim know who their supplier is and that person will know who their supplier is and so on until it gets to the top. The people they busted are not going to freely come in and tell them who the top people are. That's why they were arrested. Also you need to read up on what happened where not just talking about a couple pills. Either way these people needed stopped.
1 post removed
haha

United States

#24 Jun 8, 2013
Westonian wrote:
<quoted text> How else would they find out who the top people are, genius? The dirtbags they caught with one or two pills as you claim know who their supplier is and that person will know who their supplier is and so on until it gets to the top. The people they busted are not going to freely come in and tell them who the top people are. That's why they were arrested. Also you need to read up on what happened where not just talking about a couple pills. Either way these people needed stopped.
If the government is tracking millions of phone records I'm sure their is a way for them to look into prescriptions that are paid by taxpayers (people that get medical card) supposedly the war on terror is over according to Obama but the war on drugs will never be over!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democratic Erection Committee Lewis County 9 hr court house employee 1
Lena Lunsford needs to tell 21 hr Tina 25
Adam Arbogast (Jun '13) Thu Peter Tallman 8
lloyd lost a daughter named allison Wed Lilinfo 4
SusieSwain Nov 30 wondering 1
Mud trucks for sale Nov 30 Wondering 1
scott linn Nov 30 fax 1

Kingwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance