Should teachers be drug tested?

Posted in the Kingwood Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Anonymous

Roanoke, VA

#1 Feb 4, 2013
I think teachers should because we trust our kids with them for 8hrs shouldnt we know if they are clean just saying
Anonymous

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2013
I guarantee that half of the teachers would fail it.
Test

San Jose, CA

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Yes all employees in the school system should be tested! Professional and Service Personnel. The teacher fight that its a infringement on their privacy rights. If they have nothing to hide then they shouldn't be worried about their privacy rights!
um

Fairmont, WV

#4 Feb 4, 2013
Absolutely yes! Our children are in their care 5 days a week!
RealTalk

Buckhannon, WV

#5 Feb 4, 2013
I've smoked with a few of my old teachers. It's fun being an adult. =]
Truth

United States

#6 Feb 4, 2013
RealTalk wrote:
I've smoked with a few of my old teachers. It's fun being an adult.=]
hah me too.. I know 1 especially that needs tested... He's bout 32 yrs old.. Don't wanna put his name out there though
School Employee

Fairmont, WV

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Yes, we are trusted with a precious task and we need to be held accountable for our abilities. Rights and responsibilities go hand in hand.
LOL

New Cumberland, WV

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Yes, absolutely! They should be drug tested, as well as dress professionally for work!
Icy Hot

Weston, WV

#9 Feb 5, 2013
ABsolutely, from the county office down to the parent volunteers.
Anonymous

Clay, WV

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Thank you but I think their try to hide something or they would just take the test I think it should be like a field test to see if your drunk if you refuse to take it than you lose your license they would lose there job lol
1 post removed
LOL

New Cumberland, WV

#12 Feb 5, 2013
So they say it is against their "rights" to be drug tested? Hmm...interesting. What about government employees, oil field workers, social workers, etc. I have been a professional employee for about 10 years. I have always had random, mandatory drug screenings. Is that against my rights? What rights are we referring to?
Test

Weston, WV

#13 Feb 5, 2013
The teachers say its a infringement on their privacy rights
um

Fairmont, WV

#14 Feb 5, 2013
Test wrote:
The teachers say its a infringement on their privacy rights
Maybe they shouldn't be teachers then if they don't want to be tested for drugs while they take care of CHILDREN!
Hiawatha

Weston, WV

#15 Feb 5, 2013
No one should have to be tested. Maybe if there is "probable cause" for example, slurred speech, staggering, extreme mood swings. An adult who smokes pot on their own personal time is perfectly able to teach the next day. Maybe some of the parents should be tested for something when they send their child/children to school bruised, cold, hungery or their hair dirty and matted and tired and homework never completed. That is probable cause. And, if we are going to start testing everyone, let,s start with all members of congress.
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

#16 Feb 5, 2013
But there a person in a trusted postion shouldnt we know if there on drugs because they fill our kids heads full of how drugs are bad I bet some of them are hypocitical on that subjuct
fred

Bridgeport, WV

#17 Feb 5, 2013
maybe all the people on here bashing people who work for a living and are sitting at home getting a welfare check should have to take mandatory drug test to get the money that i work my a$$ to give to the people who are to dam lazy to get a real job i bet a lot of people would be getting their a$$ off welfare real quick
um

Fairmont, WV

#18 Feb 5, 2013
fred wrote:
maybe all the people on here bashing people who work for a living and are sitting at home getting a welfare check should have to take mandatory drug test to get the money that i work my a$$ to give to the people who are to dam lazy to get a real job i bet a lot of people would be getting their a$$ off welfare real quick
Love it!!!! And I agree!!!!
1 post removed
Test

Weston, WV

#20 Feb 5, 2013
Hiawatha wrote:
No one should have to be tested. Maybe if there is "probable cause" for example, slurred speech, staggering, extreme mood swings. An adult who smokes pot on their own personal time is perfectly able to teach the next day. Maybe some of the parents should be tested for something when they send their child/children to school bruised, cold, hungery or their hair dirty and matted and tired and homework never completed. That is probable cause. And, if we are going to start testing everyone, let,s start with all members of congress.
Apparently you have something to hide! Since your scared of drug testing! Also if your a teacher you might wanna learn how to spell hungry!
Anonymous

Clay, WV

#21 Feb 5, 2013
Well if your a teacher why wont u take one and I call bs on invasion of your rights us as tax payers sign your checks and you consider teachering a real job lol haha you make 30g WOW
um

Fairmont, WV

#22 Feb 5, 2013
Lance powers wrote:
Well if your a teacher why wont u take one and I call bs on invasion of your rights us as tax payers sign your checks and you consider teachering a real job lol haha you make 30g WOW
Teachers are underpaid! Period!!! Just as nurses and other people! Do I think they should have to take a drug test if it's suspected they need one, absolutely, but please don't down grade their job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hi joe 10 hr panhandler 1
Lookin for jeriah? 11 hr Jerry 7
Jamie Taylor 11 hr Crazy 2
Lewis Co EMS 12 hr concerned citizen 14
This is How You Solve the Drug Problem Lewis Co... 15 hr lena 42
jessica fox (Apr '13) 19 hr Ymcmb 20
Teacher stopped teaching! 20 hr karen 4
More from around the web

Kingwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE