Preston Schools Closed Due to Walkout Threat

Full story: WDTV Bridgeport
Last week, the "blue flu" hit Monongalia County schools, and it looks like Preston County could be hit next. Full Story
Mrs Savage

Uniontown, PA

#1 Mar 20, 2007
In my opinion the teachers should make more then 40,000 a yr. That amount is not even an average of what teachers in other states make. They teach our children and do a very good job at it. The schools they are given to teach in are falling apart and ran down. I have not heard anything of near future renovations being done to better the teaching enviroment for our children the least that the state can do is give the teachers the 6% for even having the willingness to stay in buildings that is not fit for farm animals. I support our teachers in the walk out. I do know it takes away from our children NOW but, hopefully in the long run if the walk out atleast helped with the teachers getting what is well deserved the sacrafice has made its worth. I know our teachers didn't want to do this they had to, to make a stand and we teach our children to stand up for what they beleive in so that being said I am going to end in closing with the state of West Virginia teachers highly deserve the 6% pay increase to teach our children...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
missy 2 hr Stupidpeopleannoyme 1
Brent Radcliff 16 hr I no 5
What 17 hr in the know 2
Debate: Marijuana - Weston, WV (Jan '11) 23 hr Jeff 23
Drug Bust? Dec 19 casual observer 72
scott myers Dec 4 Answer 2
lulu knots Nov 26 aye 2
Kingwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kingwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kingwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:51 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:51PM
Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks win, move into playoffs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:02 PM
Your Top Plays for Today - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:34 PM
Steelers grab playoff spot, showdown up next - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:17 AM
Broncos visit Bengals as favorites in key playoff tilt - NBC Sports
NFL 7:36 AM
Does Jay Gruden really judge QBs by wins and losses?