something to do?
Posted in the Kingwood Forum
#1 Dec 3, 2009
My response is directed toward BRECKGUY's question/comment:
I being a parent feel there is plenty for kids to do..........I AM AN E X H A U S T E D
mother of one and WITH A VERY tight budget....I make the CHOICE to invest in my child and KNOW at ALL times when, what, whom and where he/she is.
I can't help but feel people look to place responsibility on others for their families/children to have something to do....
Understanding our community (like any and most others) have our share of single income families and single parents that do not have the time it requires to invest in taxiing their child(ren) to and from their activities...let alone have the extra money it takes to invest in their child(ren) activities...all that being said: When we choose to become parents we choose to sacrifice our selves as individuals in order to become providers for our children. We are all given FREE WILL and how we choose to spend it is our own individual choice.
To all parents of children with nothing to do:
1) cook with your children....food is already in the kitchen
2) play outdoors....(our own backyard...stands for more than our States backyard)
3) make up a game indoors: build a tent out of sheets, furniture and broom sticks....get creative
4)read with your little one....with great joy and adventure in your voice
5) ask for help when you decide to enroll them in sports, community activities etc., others are willing to assist in picking up and delivering....when asked.....(just be sure NOT to abuse their kindness)
6) go back into your own childhood playtime memory bank and do things you did growing up....no the children may not get it or think silly of it but do it anyways
7)CHURCH..........we have more than enough churches to get involved in and our children get a double whammy....how awesome is this!!!
Thank you for reading and I want to express to all citizen's of Breckenridge Texas:
We are our own neighbors, treat thy neighbor as you want to be treated....do unto others as you would have them do unto you.....THE GOLDEN RULE APPLIES at all times in our lives.
Last and final word for the day....."yee who are without sin, cast the first stone".
Add your comments below
|Remove leaves from roof||Jul '16||Maud||1|
|General Labor||Jul '16||George Mays||1|
|Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10)||Jun '16||robert||994|
|Vote For Donald Trump (Feb '16)||Feb '16||Vote For Trump||1|
|Review: HealthSource Chiropractic & Progressive... (Aug '11)||Oct '15||Marie Love||2|
|Review: CRI Towing Services (Oct '15)||Oct '15||Cscape||1|
|Debate: Gay Marriage - Kingwood, TX (Aug '10)||Jun '15||the black rider||9|
Find what you want!
Search Kingwood Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC