Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
Like Who

El Paso, TX

#14538 Sep 28, 2012
CatFur wrote:
Hopefully Texas voters will wake up.
Our education system is failing further and further behind and Perry doesn't seem to care at all. Not to mention he made Texas look-a-fool in the presidential race.
I know there are much better republican candidates!!
Like who? Who is a better candidate

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#14539 Sep 28, 2012
Like Who wrote:
<quoted text>
A sock puppet? LOL

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14540 Sep 29, 2012
Get a job wrote:
<quoted text>
ENTITLED?
You make me sick. What ENTITLES you to expect ME to pay for this? Where do you think your welfare check comes from? It comes from those of us who WORK for a living. Why do I have to pay for some low life to collect welfare? Some low lifes collect welfare AND work cash-in-hand jobs.
If you can't afford to eat then quit squirting out babies, quit smoking, quit your cell phone plan, quit your cable TV.
Typical democrat. Think they are ENTITLED to what everyone else had to EARN.
Total BS. AIG =$185 BILLION in taxpayer bailouts.

Get a load of that ****head energy companies that take corporate welfare all the time while they make record profits. Now that's taking welfare while collecting cash in hand.

You Republiscum are really, really dumb. Hey, your leader is also a demented moron.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#14541 Sep 29, 2012
D locos I wasn't refering to get a job, I was refering to your ignorant self. I still believe D locos is a Republican stirring up s--t. The reason I believe that is> Could anyone really be that totaly stupid? As far as who is a better candidate than Perry? I just flushed one. And that's the truth. Last but not least, I'm glad to see so many on both sides figure out that lies come easy to the polititions from both parties. If you want to know which one is lieing, just look to see which one has his mouth moving.
huh

Azle, TX

#14542 Sep 29, 2012
Like Who wrote:
<quoted text>
This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011

PUT ME IN CHARGE ...

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal legations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. "Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#14543 Sep 29, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.
This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011
PUT ME IN CHARGE ...
Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.
Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal legations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.
Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. "Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.
In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."
Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.
If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.
AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.
I really like these ideas!.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#14544 Sep 29, 2012
huh, you must be one of enforcers for the RNC. You would have made an excellent Nazi. But go ahead call me names or insult me, coming from one like you it won't mean too much. When you die, may you burn in hell.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#14545 Sep 29, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Politifact is a good source. It rates everything , no bias.
That may well be.I was driving a semi in 2009.I paid 2.74$ average.
huh

Azle, TX

#14547 Sep 29, 2012
Texan wrote:
When you die, may you burn in hell.
All the leeches of society will be in hell. dont worry, you won't go there, animals dont have souls
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#14548 Sep 29, 2012
All animals go to heaven, and the leeches and you Nazi types can enjoy hell together, the rest of us won't miss you even a little. I would much rather be an animal than be like you.
Yaj

Midland, TX

#14549 Sep 29, 2012
Perry wrote:
there are issues in Texas that Rick Perry is familiar with and can resolve: Such as fighting corruption within the courts and innocent people wrongly sent to death row on no evidence and even having DNA clearing them. These problems take many terms to correct and are complicated. Perry has the knowledge and experience as governor about issues Texas needs to acknowledge and prioritize.
Great Job, Perry.
WOW. You really don't know what your talking about. Read that in a kids history book he allowed the school boards to rewrite. By the way not one person who sits at the top of that main board was ever in education. The reason he is familiar with the issues is because he is one of those issues. When I left Texas to work out of the state, he was not in office. Texas was great. I came back, and was horrified with what he was doing. And he is a Evangelical who supports torture. Very nice.
Waco1909

United States

#14550 Sep 29, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really like these ideas!.
I used to be homeless.I used to live under a bridge.I would have GLADLY SUBJECTED myself to those rules.I would have THANKED GOD for a place to live and a chance to EARN IT! And...something to EAT!
huh

Azle, TX

#14551 Sep 29, 2012
Waco1909 wrote:
I used to be homeless.I used to live under a bridge.I would have GLADLY SUBJECTED myself to those rules.I would have THANKED GOD for a place to live and a chance to EARN IT! And...something to EAT!
Some morons on here would believe you shouldn't, they think they are entitled to it.

In a society with many that have a false sense of entitlement, it is refreshing to hear some people still have values.
Waco1909

United States

#14552 Sep 29, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Some morons on here would believe you shouldn't, they think they are entitled to it.
In a society with many that have a false sense of entitlement, it is refreshing to hear some people still have values.
Felt like I was worthless back then.Desperately wanted to be a man again.This was after...twenty years at one job...it seemed unreal..watching everybody drive by in their cars...I began to think that I myself wasn't real.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#14553 Sep 29, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> That may well be.I was driving a semi in 2009.I paid 2.74$ average.
Waco: I was over road owner operator up to Sept. 2007 I was paying $3 to $4 that I charged as surcharge. Your 2009 was just after Bush opened the National Oil Reserves in 2008Nov.. Sure helped didnít it. Obama wanted to do again but republicansí didnít want to.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#14555 Sep 29, 2012
Waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I used to be homeless.I used to live under a bridge.I would have GLADLY SUBJECTED myself to those rules.I would have THANKED GOD for a place to live and a chance to EARN IT! And...something to EAT!
Waco. There are homeless now that would agree with you. However there are those that seek to deny them even the most basic necessities. Safety nets have been poorly maintained in this USA. Of those that can find assistance it adds up to 37%. 43% are hand to mouth with no necessities included. Remaining 20% are in the garbage and dying. Presently USA is the major contender for highest rate of children in poverty and malnourished. While some Pea Brain goes strutting abut like some peacock. Puffing up their self esteem at the demise of another. Jim Crow would be proud of them.
It would be cost effective if we provided adequate safety nets to get these people back up with some integrity. They will become a burden to our penal system at $50,000 a pop that gets to be pretty expansive fast. There are those in jail now precisely for that reason. They do it deliberately. So bashing down on our fallen citizens is not going to solve the problem. It will only make it worst. Especially when those kids grow up to take to the streets. Ignoring the problem of inequality within our nation will again only fuel a greater inequality which in turn results in drastic results for all concerned. Observe Swedenís distributions of laborers productivity amongst the classes. As compared to ours. Observe effects of low crime rates, high moral, security, health and so on. Until we address this inequality that is still on the precipice of that cliff that Bush drove by.
Presently 1.2% of our populace hoards 40% of the wealth {Great Recession} in 1929 it was 1% hoarding 43% of nations wealth.{Great Depression} no coincidence there laddie. This bashing, the down and out, is ignorance at its finest. They will make for a fine herd.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#14556 Sep 29, 2012
Top Five Worst Obamacare Taxes Coming in 2013

Read more: http://atr.org/five-worst-obamacare-taxes-com...
Vote 4 OBAMA

Houston, TX

#14557 Sep 29, 2012
obama won

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#14558 Sep 29, 2012
Vote 4 OBAMA wrote:
obama won
no worries Obama is going to win for sure! get used to it repubs rommney doesnt have a chance!
Vote

Hurst, TX

#14559 Sep 29, 2012
Doritos Locos wrote:
<quoted text>
no worries Obama is going to win for sure! get used to it repubs rommney doesnt have a chance!
I hope not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gatcho accident on 14th and Santa Gertrud.. 1 hr so sad 5
Stupida 2 hr Priority is you 3
Raymundo aka Birda Pina 2 hr You r just as dumb 10
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr fubar 18,502
Josh sandoval (May '12) 6 hr paula 41
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 7 hr info 797
Sister in law pain in the booty 7 hr Crappy Patty 50
•••
•••

Kingsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Kingsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••