corando garza good for kingsville or not
Come on people

Corpus Christi, TX

#123 Apr 26, 2012
"Never again", why havent you run for one of these positions? You seem to know it all. Or are you relegated to being a "monday morning quarterback"? I'll bet if someone gave you a dollar you would complain that it was wrinkled. I may not be right but honestly, Gonzalez was the best at the forum. Dont personally know any of the others but they seemed good too. I am doing my best to talk to each one of the candidates as we all should do. Again, why dont you run so people can make up lies about you and put words in your mouth. People try to do right in this town and people like you are the ones at the bottom of the ladder trying to bring them down. If you are unhappy in life then you want everyone to be unhappy. Typical. Let this forum/post be about facts so that the rest of us can make an informed decision.
Ohm

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#124 Apr 26, 2012
Come on people wrote:
"Never again", why havent you run for one of these positions? You seem to know it all. Or are you relegated to being a "monday morning quarterback"? I'll bet if someone gave you a dollar you would complain that it was wrinkled. I may not be right but honestly, Gonzalez was the best at the forum. Dont personally know any of the others but they seemed good too. I am doing my best to talk to each one of the candidates as we all should do. Again, why dont you run so people can make up lies about you and put words in your mouth. People try to do right in this town and people like you are the ones at the bottom of the ladder trying to bring them down. If you are unhappy in life then you want everyone to be unhappy. Typical. Let this forum/post be about facts so that the rest of us can make an informed decision.
You say that you're voting for Corando. Why? I'm going to ask you again. What has Corando done for KISD? You say you're making an informed decision, based on what facts.
Come on people

Corpus Christi, TX

#125 Apr 26, 2012
All i have heard is rumors, opinions, and hate. I dont know Corando or any of the rest but what has been proven? This is hardly the place to bring evidence because no one puts their real name. Myself included. Most of us stay anonymous, why? Because we dont want to be defending ourselves all over town about lies from people we cant see. Fear, Slander is why we stay anonymous. I know I would like to see KISD do good. The only way i know how to do that is to ask questions of candidates & incumbents. What has Corando done? Kept district employees working? Approved a new high school? What has he done wrong? It is easier to spread lies than to see the truth. Does anyone have anything concrete? Am I even addressing registered Kingsville voters here? Lets go forward not backwards. Get involved.
Ohm

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#126 Apr 26, 2012
Come on people wrote:
All i have heard is rumors, opinions, and hate. I dont know Corando or any of the rest but what has been proven? This is hardly the place to bring evidence because no one puts their real name. Myself included. Most of us stay anonymous, why? Because we dont want to be defending ourselves all over town about lies from people we cant see. Fear, Slander is why we stay anonymous. I know I would like to see KISD do good. The only way i know how to do that is to ask questions of candidates & incumbents. What has Corando done? Kept district employees working? Approved a new high school? What has he done wrong? It is easier to spread lies than to see the truth. Does anyone have anything concrete? Am I even addressing registered Kingsville voters here? Lets go forward not backwards. Get involved.
I am involved. Corando has run off more teachers and administrators than you can count on your hands and feet. And if they haven't been run off, they've quit because of him and his crew. So now we can check off, "kept district employees working". Now let's see, HE approved a new high school, I don't think so. The voters in Kingsville approved the construction of a new high school. You said, let's go forward not backwards. Thats exactly what we'll be doing if you elect Corando, going backwards. And oh yes, I'm a registered voter and will not be voting for Corando nor any of his crew.
Come on people

Corpus Christi, TX

#127 Apr 26, 2012
I like that Ohm. I will definitely keep that in mind if and when i get to speak with Corando. My point to this whole thing is accountability. We, as voters, have a resposibility to question our candidates and they have a responsibility to respond. I did speak to Mr. Salazar and I felt comfortable with his responses. He said he has no affiliations to any self interest group but he does respect other candidates views. He said that this site was not the place to answer questions but he said he does have a facebook page that anyone could go to (Salazarforkisd)(email: salazarforkisd@yahoo.com)(That is how I got in touch with him). Although that would mean providing your info as well. I thought that was fair. Dont know if any of the others have anything. Again, ALL of these candidates & incumbents raised their hands when asked to volunteer their time for these positions. I dont think it is fair to drag anyone thru the mud in public without them being able to respond. "Let He Without Sin Cast The First Stone". Good luck to all the candidates.
Get Real

Rockport, TX

#128 Apr 26, 2012
I think that must be Salazar on the previous posts. I heard him at the forum and he doesn't have a clue. I also read his interview in the paper and would be surprised if he graduated high school. His platform is a joke. Elect me because I am not from here and therefore don't owe anyone. I haven't seen or heard anything from him that would lead me to believe he could help KISD.
teacher

United States

#130 Apr 26, 2012
Vote corando...enough said. He has my vote.
SpeedKills

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#131 Apr 26, 2012
XTexman wrote:
Corando has run off more teachers and administrators than you can count on your hands and feet.
WHAT?
WHAT? What don't you understand about my comment? Oh, you're probably a product of KISD, sorry....
YeaH

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#132 Apr 26, 2012
teacher wrote:
Vote corando...enough said. He has my vote.
Thank you very much Corondo, but you'll not get my vote.
Be accountable

Rockport, TX

#133 Apr 26, 2012
It's no surprise when a teacher says they are voting for Corondo. It's probably one of the many sub-standard teachers that when someone tries to hold them accountable they speedial him and the problem goes away. Why do you think him and his followers spend so much time at admin.
YeaH

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#134 Apr 26, 2012
Couldn't have said it any better.
Raza

Corpus Christi, TX

#135 Apr 26, 2012
You people are crazy! I vote for the Mexicanos!! You pinche gueros only do for yourselves. Levantesen raza! Unidos!!
Yeppers

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#137 Apr 26, 2012
Mexicanos make me laugh. Unidos, there I go laughing again.
Raza

Corpus Christi, TX

#138 Apr 26, 2012
I would rather struggle with my people than bow down to the pinche gueros like Lynn & Windham and there guero wannabee puppets Pico & Dora!! ARRIBA!!
Yep

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#139 Apr 28, 2012
Raza wrote:
You people are crazy! I vote for the Mexicanos!! You pinche gueros only do for yourselves. Levantesen raza! Unidos!!
That's the problem-- too many mexicans and not enough Americans.
About the kids

United States

#140 Apr 28, 2012
It is not about race. It's about the KIDS of Kingsville! We need a board that is going to hire a supt., let them do their job, and support them EVEN IF TEACHERS OR FRIENDS COME CRYING TO THEM. Soliz and Mica Cortez are two perfect examples of this. The board would not let Castro do his job so he left. Remember the board DOES NOT have ANYTHING to do with personnel or the day to day operations of KISD! Corando and Baby do what is best for the adults, not kids. Joe Trevino got on the board because he couldn't get the job as supt do he could feel like he was actually running a district. If people that will hold educators to the fire as well as support them the district will start moving in the right direction. VOTE for who you think will do what is best for the KIDS!
HaHaHa

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#141 Apr 28, 2012
About the kids wrote:
It is not about race. It's about the KIDS of Kingsville! We need a board that is going to hire a supt., let them do their job, and support them EVEN IF TEACHERS OR FRIENDS COME CRYING TO THEM. Soliz and Mica Cortez are two perfect examples of this. The board would not let Castro do his job so he left. Remember the board DOES NOT have ANYTHING to do with personnel or the day to day operations of KISD! Corando and Baby do what is best for the adults, not kids. Joe Trevino got on the board because he couldn't get the job as supt do he could feel like he was actually running a district. If people that will hold educators to the fire as well as support them the district will start moving in the right direction. VOTE for who you think will do what is best for the KIDS!
It's called the "Corando School Of Micro-Management. Things will NOT improve if he stays. He said it best, it's his board.
Raza

United States

#142 Apr 28, 2012
Of course, it is about the students and the majority r Mexican. Why would whites care about them. They only want the power. They can't stand it when they r not in charge. We can do this we don't need them they r only looking out for themselves. Vote for our interest, our Mexican students.
WoW

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#143 Apr 28, 2012
You are one dumb mexican. I'm Hispanic and think you're full of sh!t. This is the United States of America not freaking Mexico. Maybe you should haul your ass back to Mexico where you belong. Why do you think Corando and his cronnies want to be on the board so bad, POWER!!! It's really time for a change and now is the time to do it. You are a sorry excuse for an American citizen. Go back to Mexico, PENDEJO . Look at the shape Mexico is in, and mexicans run that country. Go live with YOUR people.....
Golden Rule

United States

#144 Apr 28, 2012
What exactly is the job of a board member? What power does one individual board member have? Doesn't it take at least four members to act on an item that is on an agenda? It doesn't sound confusing. Some of the candidates were quoted in the paper they planned on bringing in certain programs if elected. Are they running for sup or board? Maybe we all need to hear the job description of a board member. What's legal and what's not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rudy madrid , Paula lomas 2 hr I hate him 4
school board election 3 hr wanna know 25
Splash Pad at Flores Park 5 hr Jojo 18
Anniversary 11 hr We know 3
Krystin G and Rudy L 17 hr See yall 1
Tired of pleasing myself Wed Just do it 2
gabriel villarreal Tue true 5

Kingsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Kingsville Mortgages