Kingsville Police: One dead, one in h...

Kingsville Police: One dead, one in hospital after stabbing

There are 91 comments on the Corpus Christi Caller story from Aug 8, 2010, titled Kingsville Police: One dead, one in hospital after stabbing. In it, Corpus Christi Caller reports that:

Campos, 26, was being Sunday held on $350,000 bail. Gonzales, 26, was being Sunday held on $350,000 bail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Corpus Christi Caller.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
What

United States

#1 Aug 8, 2010
People in kingsville are unbelievable! If you people cannot go out to a bar and have a good time like normal people do then maybe you should stay home. Now because of peoples stupidity a very young man has lost his life. The Campos's should be banned from Kingsvillle they're nothing but trouble makers!
Anna Mireles

Corpus Christi, TX

#2 Aug 8, 2010
oH AND YOUR GOD RIGH....IT COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN THE OTHER WAY AROUND AND APPARENTLY YOUR FAM. IS ALREADY BANNED dECATUR tX. YOU WERENT THERE AND DON'T BUNNDLE UP A WHOLE FAMILY FOR THE EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE WITH ONE PERSON. iM MORE THAT SURE YOUR BLOOD LINE DOESNT' HAVE SAINTS RUNNING IN IT...THINK BEFORE YOUB OPEN YOUR MOUTH THATS WHY GOD GAVE YOU BRAins..OR DID HE..IM A CAMPOS AND MY JOB IS TO CARE FOR PEOPLE AND I DO MY JOB WELL...MANY OF US ARE HAVE SERVED OUR COUNTRY AND COMMUNITY....SO THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD BE BANNED RIGHT NOW...IGNORAT--IS YOUR MOUTH...

Since: Jun 10

Schertz, TX

#3 Aug 8, 2010
Was he innocent? Why would someone just walk up to someone and stab them? I agree that there are a lot of weird happenings lately in Kingsville but I also think if you don't mess with anyone they won't mess with you. Nothing justifies someones untimely death but was it provoked? or was he just singled out and stabbed for no reason?

Schertz, TX

#4 Aug 8, 2010
agreeing with ms. mireles. The whole Campos reference is uncalled for and it's how things get started. I knwo good people with lots of different last names and some of them are Campos.
WHYCANTWEALLGETA LONG

Houston, TX

#5 Aug 8, 2010
sophia campos can burn in hell
Call me Crazy

Tomball, TX

#6 Aug 8, 2010
WHYCANTWEALLGETALONG wrote:
sophia campos can burn in hell
Maybe we can't get along cause your wishing people would burn in hell! Seriously?
What

United States

#7 Aug 8, 2010
Just because one of you is decent, doesn't mean the entire family isn't a bunch of screw ups. For years the Campos' have walked around Kingsville beating people, killing people. Sophia isn't the only Campos who is a murderer. I recall 2 brothers who murdered a man years ago. I really hope her mother, who has worked very hard to gain the level of respect that she has, isn't affected by her daughters IGNORANT decision!
lolito

Corpus Christi, TX

#9 Aug 8, 2010
i agree this women's mother has worked hard and it is no longer her right to be blame for this woman's actions. the girl just didn't get it thinking she could get away with murder!!!
MotherOfALostSon

United States

#10 Aug 9, 2010
This stupid myth that "kids r what u make them is stupid!" The fact That sophia makes all these stupid choices in her life,is not cuz of her last name or her up bringing.Sometimes life deals us bad hands n we must either deal or fold.I agree however;She has been know to act out n start fights n what not but to say we should do away with them all is plain out stupid.Its like they say,if u do da crime ,u will do the time!If in fact it were true that her "mommy"bails her out all the time ,why is she still in jail?Stop bringing up her mother its not having to do nothing with her.
WHYCANTWEALLGETA LONG

Houston, TX

#11 Aug 9, 2010
blah222 wrote:
Was he innocent? Why would someone just walk up to someone and stab them? I agree that there are a lot of weird happenings lately in Kingsville but I also think if you don't mess with anyone they won't mess with you. Nothing justifies someones untimely death but was it provoked? or was he just singled out and stabbed for no reason?
sorry to say that you are wrong about one thing.'' IF YOU DON'T MESS WITH SOMEONE, NO ONE WILL MESS WITH YOU '' I WAS ONCED ATTACKED BY SOPHIA. DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THE GIRL. AND SHE WANTED TO FIGHT ME CUZ SHE THOUGHT I WANTED HER DUDE. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW SHE WAS IN THE ROOM, BUT SHE SPOTTED ME REAL QUICK, AND THAT IS VERY SCARY. SO YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO MESS WITH THIS GIRL SOPHIA, IF SHE DOESNT LIKE YOU CUZ THE WAY YOU CHEW GUM, SHE IS GONNA TRY TO KICK YOUR ASS. I VE HEARD SO MUCH FROM SO MANY PPL ABOUT THIS GIRL AFTER WHAT SHE TRIED TO START WITH ME, AND THIS GIRL PREYS ON NE THING THAT MOVES. I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS GIRL WENT THROUGH BUT SHE S HAD MANY CHANCES. AND I M SURE MANY WOULD AGREE WITH ME.

Schertz, TX

#12 Aug 9, 2010
WHYCANTWEALLGETALONG wrote:
<quoted text> sorry to say that you are wrong about one thing.'' IF YOU DON'T MESS WITH SOMEONE, NO ONE WILL MESS WITH YOU '' I WAS ONCED ATTACKED BY SOPHIA. DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THE GIRL. AND SHE WANTED TO FIGHT ME CUZ SHE THOUGHT I WANTED HER DUDE. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW SHE WAS IN THE ROOM, BUT SHE SPOTTED ME REAL QUICK, AND THAT IS VERY SCARY. SO YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO MESS WITH THIS GIRL SOPHIA, IF SHE DOESNT LIKE YOU CUZ THE WAY YOU CHEW GUM, SHE IS GONNA TRY TO KICK YOUR ASS. I VE HEARD SO MUCH FROM SO MANY PPL ABOUT THIS GIRL AFTER WHAT SHE TRIED TO START WITH ME, AND THIS GIRL PREYS ON NE THING THAT MOVES. I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS GIRL WENT THROUGH BUT SHE S HAD MANY CHANCES. AND I M SURE MANY WOULD AGREE WITH ME.
Sorry in that case I stand corrected. This Sophia, as I am reading these blogs, doesn't seem liek a good character at all. BUT, the men had a choice to make. THey could of walked away from the situation. It's been mentioned a couple of times that they have kids at home. Gosh, can't believe that the kids didntcross their minds.
learn all the facts

United States

#13 Aug 9, 2010
first of all none of you know 100% what happen, i hate to see yall talking about my family and gossiping about what happen, and wishing my cousin "sophia campos" to burn in hell, theres 2 sides to every story, i can easliy take up for her because shes my cousin or i can sit here and start making up rumors and talking gossip, yes a young man lost his life but tell me this, why was a 20 year old boy (not even a man) at a bar not even old enough to drink yet im sure alcohol was involved in both parties, and as far as my aunt theres NOTHING she can do for her because of her position as upcoming judge and her bing a lawyer now, my aint has worked so hard to be where she is now, she cant control what any of her children and grown children at that do.. they all make their own choices and theres nothing my aunt can do after the choices are made. people talk about my couin sophia like they know everything about her and they dont, yeah she made a choice that wasnt good but im sure it was ALL on her, and untill all this comes to an END no one will EVER know the truth.
someone

Corpus Christi, TX

#14 Aug 9, 2010
learn all the facts wrote:
first of all none of you know 100% what happen, i hate to see yall talking about my family and gossiping about what happen, and wishing my cousin "sophia campos" to burn in hell, theres 2 sides to every story, i can easliy take up for her because shes my cousin or i can sit here and start making up rumors and talking gossip, yes a young man lost his life but tell me this, why was a 20 year old boy (not even a man) at a bar not even old enough to drink yet im sure alcohol was involved in both parties, and as far as my aunt theres NOTHING she can do for her because of her position as upcoming judge and her bing a lawyer now, my aint has worked so hard to be where she is now, she cant control what any of her children and grown children at that do.. they all make their own choices and theres nothing my aunt can do after the choices are made. people talk about my couin sophia like they know everything about her and they dont, yeah she made a choice that wasnt good but im sure it was ALL on her, and untill all this comes to an END no one will EVER know the truth.
Well the best thing to do for your family is stay off websites like these that help to spread the fire, and pray for Sophia and more importantly, her children. Also before you get hostile towards me, Sophia is my aunt. In the end justice will be served to whoever was at fault. None of us know what happened besides the people who were there and saw everything, as well as knowing the back story to the events. Reading some gossip forum doesn't help anyone, especially in Kingsville.
WWJD

United States

#15 Aug 9, 2010
May God Bless everyone!
learn all the facts

United States

#16 Aug 9, 2010
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the best thing to do for your family is stay off websites like these that help to spread the fire, and pray for Sophia and more importantly, her children. Also before you get hostile towards me, Sophia is my aunt. In the end justice will be served to whoever was at fault. None of us know what happened besides the people who were there and saw everything, as well as knowing the back story to the events. Reading some gossip forum doesn't help anyone, especially in Kingsville.
i agree, all i can do is stand by my family (sophia & lupita) and regardless any out come they still are my blood..
like i said before i know all this wasnt all sophia there had to be more to the story,but till the end we wont really know.i pray for my little cousins, my aunt , sophia kids and her brothers and sisters..
Obi Juan

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#17 Aug 9, 2010
I blame the culture we live in nowadays. Rap music preaches violence and intolerance. All these kids think they are hard gangstas and it's stupid. Rap and Hip Hop culture is to blame here. And there isnt sh*t to do in Kingsville so everyone just fights and tries to hook-up with people who are already taken.

There is always going to be people who are just looking to start sh*t with anyone who looks at them wrong. It sad that this is happening in Kingsville to our young people.
WHYCANTWEALLGETA LONG

Houston, TX

#18 Aug 9, 2010
YEA WELL I WASN'T THERE THAT NIGHT AND THANK GOD I WASNT. BUT I DO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO ME ONCE UPON A TIME WITH THIS GIRL SOPHIA. YA LL ARE FAMILY AND FAMILY SHOULD STICK UP FOR EACH OTHER, BUT SHE WAS WRONG AND NOW SHE HAS TO PAY FOR WHAT SHE STARTED. A DAMN BOY DIED DURING THIS STUPID CRAP!! DON'T YOU CARE?? MY GOSH!!!!!!!!
Kingsville Girl

United States

#19 Aug 9, 2010
<quoted text>
i agree, all i can do is stand by my family (sophia & lupita) and regardless any out come they still are my blood..
like i said before i know all this wasnt all sophia there had to be more to the story,but till the end we wont really know.i pray for my little cousins, my aunt , sophia kids and her brothers and sisters..

I'm sorry, but I really don't think anyone needs to hear the "back story", no one deserves to be killed! Did he kill someone in her family? No! And even so, you don't go and kill them, can you imagine if the whole town was vigilantes? Just paying each crime with an eye for an eye? I understand that our justice system is skewed, and things don't usually end fairly, but the law is the law! I have know Sofia for years and I know that she has an outrageous temper & has no regard for consequences. Stop trying to make it sound like there is a good reason why she did what she did!
Matts Family Friend

San Diego, CA

#20 Aug 9, 2010
I am sorry, but under NO CIRCUMSTANCE should anyone be brutally stabbed to death. He did not have a weapon, and for a girl to be carrying one, should tell you something about her. They were wrong no matter how you try to say it. May Matt rest in Peace, and I hope his family can overcome this horible loss. Just imagine if it had been one of you children pretty much slaughtered.
faith 1222

United States

#21 Aug 9, 2010
my grandfather is an judge as well...so i know that everything we do reflects back on him...even though everyone says she is her own person and that what she does, does not reflect on her mother lupita...im sorry to say in the political world in kingsville everything you do reflects on the ones who raised you...i know its terrible but its true...its not just for your family its for mine and everyone else who is known in kingsville...you have to do the right thing or else it makes your family who is involved in politics look bad. I know lupita is being talked about badly but in reality shes did not do it so it should not be held against her...but most of all politics that think what her sons and daughter does reflect back on her. i understand that she will take chiminatos position jan.1....may god bless her with this new position and with her family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gpn7588 toyota camry 1 hr sysco 10
celina and pito 2 hr Mona 30
Josie Arriaga 2 hr Grace 1
jason wilson big jay 3 hr lola 1
MVP coach Derek 5 hr Strike 19
Barcelona apartments 8 hr Felix 8
Corral Park Saturday Work out 12 hr panhandle slim 8

Kingsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance