Concerned parent

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#1 Jan 12, 2013
Caller Times story about unacceptable schools came out. Kisd has 4 schools on the list. They need to turn it around for the kids.
yeah

Lockhart, TX

#3 Jan 12, 2013
Things have to get better.
lol

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Jan 13, 2013
I believe the district is trying. The new superintendent has already made big changes. Now we just need the community to back the district.
wrong

Lockhart, TX

#6 Jan 13, 2013
Be a good parent wrote:
http://m.caller.com/news/2013/ jan/11/about-25-coastal-bend-s chools-remain-on-list-of/

H.M. King High School, Harvey, Harrel, & Memorial:

The culture for a successful ISD starts with parents that care, it's that simple. Don't blame the teachers if the student won't do the work and if the student & parents do not care about the outcome.
That is really sad to blame students. Other communities have similar students and parents and have been successful. The school can only control the school culture. Teachers you cannot get out of doing your job by blaming students and parents. Come on community hold the district accountable. Make your leadership make teachers do their job. There is no more free ride our students are at stake. We can do it!
Life

United States

#7 Jan 13, 2013
These ratings are from 2010 to 2011 school year. This is the year thst KISD restructured schools. Schools have not had a chance to get these ratings changed because of the revamping of TEA testing. The federal ratings did happen this last year. Harrel and Harvey are two of the few schools in the REGION who met Federal AYP. Not even other districts were able to do that! Pray for our schools and hard working students and KISD staff.
PTA

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Jan 13, 2013
I know for a fact that Harvey and Harrel met AYP last year. Be a good parent, you need to check your sources/facts before you post your opinion. Especially since your opinion is a NEGATIVE one that doesn't help our community move forward. I'm sure there are a few bad teachers whose hearts are not in it anymore and they need to quit or be fired. We all know a few. But the hard-working teachers I know are struggling this year. The demands being placed on them is ridiculous. Especially when they don't have the support of the parents. It's a sad time right now. Let's see what the STAAR results look like this year.
rage

#9 Jan 13, 2013
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
That is really sad to blame students. Other communities have similar students and parents and have been successful. The school can only control the school culture. Teachers you cannot get out of doing your job by blaming students and parents. Come on community hold the district accountable. Make your leadership make teachers do their job. There is no more free ride our students are at stake. We can do it!
These kids learn thier filthy way of living from thier parents. I saw a family and the dad was making fun of and egging on on his kids. What a bunch pieces of fat facking shat this town is full of em. Facking idiots man.
true

Lockhart, TX

#10 Jan 13, 2013
lol wrote:
I believe the district is trying. The new superintendent has already made big changes. Now we just need the community to back the district.
Yes, changes have been made and hopefully more will continue. It is great to see the community come together to support the district. We must demand the best of our educators and support them.
kvfd 103

#11 Jan 17, 2013
in this dump hahaaaaaaa dume ass vlle
georgie

#12 Jan 18, 2013
kvfd 103 wrote:
in this dump hahaaaaaaa dume ass vlle
from the word use, must be one of those DUME A$$ who dropped out.
Bevis

#13 Jan 18, 2013
Hahahahaha.....bunch of fkn losers in this town. No hope for any of you. Just stfu and accept that you live in this shit hole and pray to god your children find a way out. It's a great big world out there and just about all of it is better than Kingsville.
Scared

#14 Jan 18, 2013
And scum bags like you are the reason. Looks like you weren't smart enough to get out.
Just saying

Lockhart, TX

#15 Jan 19, 2013
The article in question is just showing the ratings from two years ago- again. Since state went to STAAR; they left these schools with same rating- nothing new
. What they should've printed was the list of schools now on the list because of STAAR. That list includes Calallen, Bishop, Riviera, St. Gert Academy, and Ricardo. Now that's news! B
You are right

United States

#16 Jan 21, 2013
Just saying wrote:
The article in question is just showing the ratings from two years ago- again. Since state went to STAAR; they left these schools with same rating- nothing new
. What they should've printed was the list of schools now on the list because of STAAR. That list includes Calallen, Bishop, Riviera, St. Gert Academy, and Ricardo. Now that's news! B
You are exactly right. It seems that when it involves Kingsville, so many want to talk negative. When it is surrounding districts who work hard to push these kind of details under the carpet, no one really wants to talk too much about it. Thank you for bringing light to this.
u kno

Laredo, TX

#18 Jan 22, 2013
Maybe its not the teachers maybe its the parents instead of living off the government and go out to the bars every night and cared about their kids school things would be differently
Parent Volunteer

Corpus Christi, TX

#19 Jan 22, 2013
Great learning skills at learned in the home, actually it all starts in the home. As a parent volunteer in 3 schools, I have seen it all. Students are one way at school and another way at home or around the parents. I would love to see more parent (mom and or dads) volunteers at home. It is understandable that both parents work, but take some time on your day off to at least go and eat with our child or go and shadow your child in his/her classes. Believe or not, this makes a big difference in your child's life. Yes, I have been told by other parents when I invite them to do volunteer, " oh my child doesn't want to see me at school he/she says it's embarrassing." Ummm, HELLO!, who is the parent here? Unforetunately we do have teachers in the school system that should no longer be teaching, because they are either burned out or a bit inmature because they speak of their personal experiences with their class, or some just don't care. This is why it is very important that one as a parent does everything in his/her power to be involved in your child's life. The one thing I can absolutely not stand is for a child to disrespect their parent in public (school) and the parent just stands there quiet. The one thing I do tell that students is, just stop for a brief moment and take a deep breath. Let me ask you this, who do you call when you are not feeling good and you are school? wait for response. Who do you call when you are in trouble, are hungry, cold and need clothes or medicine? wait for response. So why is it, that you think you have the right to be so disrespectful to her/him. Parents please, please,please!, take some time out and ask your child, how was your day school. The teachers can only do so much the rest is upto us.
Enlightening

United States

#20 Jan 22, 2013
Parent Volunteer wrote:
Great learning skills at learned in the home, actually it all starts in the home. As a parent volunteer in 3 schools, I have seen it all. Students are one way at school and another way at home or around the parents. I would love to see more parent (mom and or dads) volunteers at home. It is understandable that both parents work, but take some time on your day off to at least go and eat with our child or go and shadow your child in his/her classes. Believe or not, this makes a big difference in your child's life. Yes, I have been told by other parents when I invite them to do volunteer, " oh my child doesn't want to see me at school he/she says it's embarrassing." Ummm, HELLO!, who is the parent here? Unforetunately we do have teachers in the school system that should no longer be teaching, because they are either burned out or a bit inmature because they speak of their personal experiences with their class, or some just don't care. This is why it is very important that one as a parent does everything in his/her power to be involved in your child's life. The one thing I can absolutely not stand is for a child to disrespect their parent in public (school) and the parent just stands there quiet. The one thing I do tell that students is, just stop for a brief moment and take a deep breath. Let me ask you this, who do you call when you are not feeling good and you are school? wait for response. Who do you call when you are in trouble, are hungry, cold and need clothes or medicine? wait for response. So why is it, that you think you have the right to be so disrespectful to her/him. Parents please, please,please!, take some time out and ask your child, how was your day school. The teachers can only do so much the rest is upto us.
I could not have said it better.
u kno

Laredo, TX

#21 Jan 22, 2013
Parent Volunteer wrote:
Good job couldn't say it better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Usa 42 min Merica 3
Norma Frausto a stripper? 50 min Wrong 8
Lupita Rodriguez How she on facebook 2 hr El moro 27
Bruno Mejia 3 hr Patty 12
LyNeLL JoHnSoN (Jul '10) 10 hr A friend of a fri... 91
I just want to eat a fat clean Pus say 13 hr Staving 1
who did he cheat with? 16 hr Rose 5

Kingsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance