First Prev
of 5
Next Last
wondering

Elizabethtown, KY

#90 Jul 11, 2012
winner wrote:
Demarcus Foster comes from a very wonderful set of parents who have loved him and supported him in his every endeavor. People make choices in life and for every action there is a consequence. Mary and Sammy Foster are very respected in this town, do not down them. Demarcus just got on the right track and because he is a child who knows God he will get back on track.. Why put anyone down? the court system will handle it and hopefully Demarcus has learned his lesson, Isn't that what life is all about lessons? As for the mother of the child hey if your child were not getting drugs from him they would have been getting them somewhere else. They hopefully have learned a great lesson from all of this. There is hope after addiction and this I know from experience. Demarcus has always been very respectful and a good kid. Please don't make it any harder on the Foster's than it has to be Take care of your child and teach him to be responsible for his life I bet that is what he is learning right now. May God Bless All Families involved.
Winner, why are you on all the drug threads, defending drug dealers? Are you a dealer, yourself? Are you hoping people will forgive these people, so when you are caught you will hopefully find the same forgiveness?
todd

Charlotte, NC

#91 Jul 11, 2012
Why is it all this drug stuff is in the pizza biz?
Lightbulb

Elizabethtown, KY

#92 Jul 12, 2012
todd wrote:
Why is it all this drug stuff is in the pizza biz?
It's not just the pizza biz. This is Roane County. The drugs are here, everywhere. It's just that no one has opened a discussion about how bad the drug problem really is here. All these discussions are just about pizza places.

Since: May 12

Lenoir City, TN

#93 Jul 12, 2012
Karma21 wrote:
Weed is not bad. I have been a smoker for 3 years. Since then I have graduated High School, gotten scholarships, completed 30 credit hours at a university, and held down mutiple jobs for over two years. If it was really as horrible as you say, then why am I able to a completely functioning member of society. I've never been pulled over for a speeding ticket. If you people would take the time to fully research what you are putting down, you would realize that we have way bigger issues on our hands than a petty drug dealing case. What about all of the pills that are being brought into our city at a rapid pace? Did you know that as a young person I was offered pills before I was ever offered weed? Pills are more addictive and far more dangerous than weed. What about the meth labs around here? Or the children being abused? What about the sheer overreach of authority of the city workers around here? What about the ever rising gas prices? What about the starving people? Why is it that something as harmless as weed has been blown out of proportion making it a demon. The people in our society are more evil than weed. Seriously guys, smoke a blunt or hit a bong and chill. There are more pressing issues than a little Mary Jane.
I will say that when you look back at your life, hopefully you will not regret the time that you were wasted. Alcohol is dangerous and I completely agree that that prescription bills are a terrible problem, but weed is not harmless at all.

I have a close relative, that like you, was able to hold down a job and go to college. The only problem that occurred was the constant car wrecks due to "the other drive's fault" that happened because she was stoned 24/7. She is now in her 40's and has had multiple surgeries to repair the damage she did....

Off topic, but really on, do you really think it was okay for a drug dealer to contact her 13 year old son? Would you want someone to contact your child and offer drugs? Would you be fine with that?
Karma21

Oak Ridge, TN

#94 Jul 12, 2012
Silent Mom No More wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say that when you look back at your life, hopefully you will not regret the time that you were wasted. Alcohol is dangerous and I completely agree that that prescription bills are a terrible problem, but weed is not harmless at all.
I have a close relative, that like you, was able to hold down a job and go to college. The only problem that occurred was the constant car wrecks due to "the other drive's fault" that happened because she was stoned 24/7. She is now in her 40's and has had multiple surgeries to repair the damage she did....
Off topic, but really on, do you really think it was okay for a drug dealer to contact her 13 year old son? Would you want someone to contact your child and offer drugs? Would you be fine with that?
Considering I don't have children, I can't say exactly how I would honestly react. I do however believe that I wouldn't allow my chuild to smoke until he or she was 18. I also wouldn't allow them to smoke if I think they couldn't handle it. I believe that Demarcus got caught and that he does have to deal with what he has done and that according to the law he should. I smoke because I have not had any bad experiences and it does not affect me negatively or even those around me. BUT I do know for a fact that if I get caught with any part of weed dealing or even just possesing it that I will go to jail. I should. I know that it is illegal and I accept the responsibility of that but because I do not believe that it is harmful I will continue.
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#95 Dec 31, 2013
#1- Marijuana will never kill your child. Youre kid is how old? 14? Adolescents will experiment with things and if that's marijuana, then consider yourself lucky. I pray he isn't in rehab for cannabis. He could be doing far worse like alcohol,meth, heroin, crack, cocaine, and even prescribed medication kept right in your bathroom mirror. Are you kidding me! Lets bash a plant that has killed zero people and has great medicinal use. When we have a much greater drug epidemic on our hands. Please stop the ignorance. Lets raise our own child instead of letting the court raise your child for such a benign substance.
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#96 Dec 31, 2013
Your close relative is mentally deficient to drive while under the influence of anything.Her OWN stupudity.Just blows my mind right next to grandmas house is a meth lab that could blow up any minute unexpectedly and harm EVERYONE in our neighborhood, but oh lets focus on something natural( not man made) that hasn't EVER HURT ANYONE WHO USED IT RESPONSIBLY! How about those pain pills and nerve pills that are so vulnerable in your bathroom cabinet, that if left out can also be mistaken as candy to children that has been known to cause overdoses and kill. Medication that can be used to drug someone to take advantage of! Alcohol everyone , can make you so intoxicated to hurt the ones you love. Alcohol is also known to kill. Heroin, do i have to say any more? The high risk if getting hep b and aids from sharing needles! You decide which battle to fight.

Since: May 12

Knoxville, TN

#98 Feb 18, 2014
Just from experience, I would say that anyone that smokes pot regularly is mentally deficient and not able to formulate decisions rationally. Keep on smoking and I will keep paying your bills through my taxes....Strawman argument on prescription drugs. You assume that everyone has a drawer full without knowing what kind of health they are in. I exercise, eat right and have no problems or limitations. Keep on smoking....your brain is already in diminished capacity mode.
Anonymous wrote:
Your close relative is mentally deficient to drive while under the influence of anything.Her OWN stupudity.Just blows my mind right next to grandmas house is a meth lab that could blow up any minute unexpectedly and harm EVERYONE in our neighborhood, but oh lets focus on something natural( not man made) that hasn't EVER HURT ANYONE WHO USED IT RESPONSIBLY! How about those pain pills and nerve pills that are so vulnerable in your bathroom cabinet, that if left out can also be mistaken as candy to children that has been known to cause overdoses and kill. Medication that can be used to drug someone to take advantage of! Alcohol everyone , can make you so intoxicated to hurt the ones you love. Alcohol is also known to kill. Heroin, do i have to say any more? The high risk if getting hep b and aids from sharing needles! You decide which battle to fight.
Ehs

Harriman, TN

#99 Feb 18, 2014
Silent Mom No More wrote:
Just from experience, I would say that anyone that smokes pot regularly is mentally deficient and not able to formulate decisions rationally. Keep on smoking and I will keep paying your bills through my taxes....Strawman argument on prescription drugs. You assume that everyone has a drawer full without knowing what kind of health they are in. I exercise, eat right and have no problems or limitations. Keep on smoking....your brain is already in diminished capacity mode.
<quoted text>
Speaking of straw men, you assume this person uses a government program. More like a moot point argument with false front balances.
anonymity

Harriman, TN

#100 Feb 20, 2014
Because smeone has an opinion you choose to criticize. There are many accomplished marijuana smokers. There are not accomplished pill heads, heroin addicts, or aalcoholics. I think they were making more of a general point. If you think pills are a strawman argument, think again. Its an epidemic. People abusing it so badly to where they are not even functional. Tell the kid whose starving because their mom or dad decided to use tge rest of their money to get pills instead of dinner. Tell that to the parebts who accidentaly leave their edication out and their child consumes so much of it they pass away only because it resembles candy so much. Telll that to yhe people who actually need it but their teenage child steals and abuses it. Tell that to an addict of pain pills. I want you to tell that to the girl who was raped because someone drugged her with pills. Your argument is invalid. I have chose my battle anonymous ,and that is the truth.
8652083209dfg

Harriman, TN

#101 Feb 21, 2014
Cowardly Keyboard crusaders hiding behind anonymity. Give me a ring and I'll solve your pill addiction.
- David Guzman
young sauces

Kingston, TN

#102 Mar 30, 2014
Maybe if this county had half decent jobs the people here wouldn't be selling drugs, using drugs and living off welfare. This county is pathetic and the only place worth working at is the TVA fossil plant, but its full of back water racist hicks that sit on their ass all day and collect triple the average income of people here, all because they knew somebody. I would sell drugs and use them too if i worked at little casear and had to hold a sign for the man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OZ Middle School at 40% Capacity (Close OZ) 2 hr Parent 4
chick owns that barber shop on morrison hill 13 hr Jill 4
Beets has a Landslide Lead 13 hr Depp 35
Neal leads in paid political poll!!! 18 hr Taco 8
Cox Drama 19 hr CleanupKingston 10
brittany holland 21 hr ktown1 1
Election Commission .... will there be another ... Wed sock monkey 25
Kingston Dating
Find my Match

Kingston Jobs

Kingston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kingston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingston

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]