Hogan explains fire tax procedures

Hogan explains fire tax procedures

There are 1 comment on the The Tennessean story from May 9, 2012, titled Hogan explains fire tax procedures. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

Money collected from the fire tax in Cheatham County is used by seven fire departments to provide service in the rural districts of the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

Chuck

Dickson, TN

#1 May 9, 2012
Ed Hogan(Cheatham County) collects a Fire Tax amount from the Town of Pegram property owners for Fire Service inside the Town. The Town of Pegram has its own Municipal Fire Department which has Volunteers like most other Fire Departments. Cheatham County alleges that it has a County-wide Fire Plan but The County provides no service. The Town of Pegram has never adopted a property tax but is being taxed by Cheatham County by contract. The tax rate for the Town of Pegram is the same as for the County. The rate bears no relationship to any cost of service and the Town has only 6 or 7 Square miles while the Pegram Fire Department travels a far greater distance for the County service for those in the Pegram Rural Fire District. That does not meet with the requirements necessary for any Fire tax, plan nor County Fire Department. Like many "governmental services," Cheatham County is being arbitrary and trying to tax some without a real and fair basis. Pegram has its own problems of managing and its own Fire Chief does not even live in the Pegram Fire Districts. What is up with that? The current County Attorney is the former Town of Pegram Attorney who got them in the messes they are in.
Like most government

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingston Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Google Fiber Guilty Of Digital Redlining? 5 hr Mouse 1
WSMV Chris Miller 9 hr thurston howell V 9
dee henry-jenkins (Jan '10) 10 hr 1-big-mama 20
Send a message to Toby Keith (Dec '12) 17 hr i peed my pants 12
Women smokers 19 hr I used to be someone 24
Brea from channel 5 (Jun '16) Sat jack n off 15
Nancy Van Camp (Apr '12) Sat dama rey 81

Kingston Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance