Lion King TPAC omitted a song

Posted in the Kingston Springs Forum

wondering

Cookeville, TN

#1 May 24, 2013
Does anybody know why they omitted "The Morning Report" from the show?
s allen

Lexington, KY

#2 May 27, 2013
No idea. And others were shortened - Scar's "going crazy" number in Act II and the dance sequence in "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" I'd call this production "The Lion King - light."
Walmart Sucks

Cookeville, TN

#3 May 30, 2013
The changes made to the program were applied universally, not just to the touring production. Nine minutes were removed from the show for whatever reason. It isn't something that is uncommon in stage productions. The creative teams just decide that certain parts are unliked/unsafe/too costly/irrelevant/distracting and remove them.

The Morning Report didn't receive very good reviews so its removal is understandable and I think the show flows better without it...kind of a "cut to the chase" thing, even if Zazu lost his signature song. I thought the dance sequence in CYFTLT was neat but always felt it was kind of random and out of place. I don't really miss it.

Basically the show was too long. Its original running time including intermission was nearly 3 hours and it was incurring overtime charges from the orchestra and venues.
s allen

Lexington, KY

#4 May 30, 2013
If "The Morning Report" didn't receive good reviews, why was it animated and added to the DVD? Very strange.
Walmart Sucks

Cookeville, TN

#5 May 30, 2013
s allen wrote:
If "The Morning Report" didn't receive good reviews, why was it animated and added to the DVD? Very strange.
Because that song was supposed to be in the movie originally but was cut before the film was released to theaters so they already had the animation to work with. The madness of scar was also supposed to be in the film but never made it past story boarding as it was deemed too mature to be included in a children's film since Scar is basically trying to "do" Nala.
Stony55

Chatsworth, GA

#6 Jun 20, 2013
Seems odd uh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingston Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 19 min KiMare 3,126
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 2 hr trey songz 1,868
American Sniper is an Extraordinary Film in a B... 9 hr Culture Auditor 1
Opryland Ice spreading germs not cheer 13 hr Website Operator 10
Quest Bicycle - New Electric Powered Bicycles Fri joenewell68 1
Knockoff Ugg Boots Thu Jene 4
Logging disaster in Kingston Springs. Dec 18 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Kingston Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE