Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9723 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Reading is Fundamental

Martin, TN

#9165 Apr 4, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing was stated about the government in my post. I was merely making a rather nasty reply to a certain post.
Which is all you really do.
Reading is Fundamental

Martin, TN

#9166 Apr 4, 2014
for you wrote:
<quoted text>aww Me me you adimitted stalking me
...How rich are you ? O WELL I WILL FIND OUT
...CHUCKLES
Dude. Put down the air duster. There's not many brain cells left in there.
Unredneck

Crossville, TN

#9167 Apr 4, 2014
Trust you anti-vaccine peeps have seen the news recently that says autism actually starts in utero? Before a child EVER gets a vaccine!
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9168 Apr 4, 2014
Reading is Fundamental wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is all you really do.
I will refrain from making the obvious resonse to your comment.

Outrageous claims warrant negative comments.
Reading is Fundamental

Martin, TN

#9169 Apr 4, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
I will refrain from making the obvious resonse to your comment.
Outrageous claims warrant negative comments.
This statement would be contradictory, if not for the fact that no outrageous statements have been made.

But to be more plain about the my own observations: you are overly and unnecessarily abrasive with your comments and responses to others. And it is clear that you place a great importance on being "right" in discussions here, primarily this thread. I only hope that you at least garner some feeling of superiority from your rebuttals to those you clearly deem to be inferior here, because you clearly must not be getting it in the real world.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9170 Apr 4, 2014
Reading is Fundamental wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement would be contradictory, if not for the fact that no outrageous statements have been made.
But to be more plain about the my own observations: you are overly and unnecessarily abrasive with your comments and responses to others. And it is clear that you place a great importance on being "right" in discussions here, primarily this thread. I only hope that you at least garner some feeling of superiority from your rebuttals to those you clearly deem to be inferior here, because you clearly must not be getting it in the real world.
Your first statement is quite nonsensical. The most that can be said regarding my comment is that it contradicts your claim that no outrageous claims have been on this forum. However, you have written that the statement is not contradictory for that very reason.

Regarding your other comments. Many of the comments made on this forum arguing against immunization are derived from anecdotal evidence, the pharmaceuticals are out to screw the public and a misguided notion that some human beings (our children) are our property.

If you believe that medical science, or any science, can be vetted by persons not trained in the relevant science, then I suggest you contact you plumber, English Professor, or day laborer in order to diagnose and treat your next medical malady.
Independent

Ashburn, VA

#9171 Apr 5, 2014
It should be up to the parents
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9174 Apr 5, 2014
Unredneck wrote:
Trust you anti-vaccine peeps have seen the news recently that says autism actually starts in utero? Before a child EVER gets a vaccine!
News? where's the cited study?
The autism which is so prevalent today isn't Leo Kanner's autism.
Kanner, a psychiatrist at Johns Hopkins, recognised children sent to his clinic with similar characteristics, which he named “early infantile autism”. In his original description, Kanner noted that in most cases the child’s behaviour was abnormal from early infancy, suggesting the disorder was present from birth. Upon reading his book, even the mothers described the infants were different from birth.
The autism we see today is vastly different, these children meet all their milestones until the age of 12 to 18 months.
Many mothers describe a child who, after receiving several vaccines in one day as reacting with a high fever, high pitched; inconsolable scream, then silence.

In case you aren't aware, this perfectly describes vaccine induced encephalopathy. Which is a table injury in VICP.

Bailey Banks is a (recent) perfect example.
Help

Cookeville, TN

#9175 Apr 5, 2014
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9176 Apr 5, 2014
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9177 Apr 5, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
News? where's the cited study?
The autism which is so prevalent today isn't Leo Kanner's autism.
Kanner, a psychiatrist at Johns Hopkins, recognised children sent to his clinic with similar characteristics, which he named “early infantile autism”. In his original description, Kanner noted that in most cases the child’s behaviour was abnormal from early infancy, suggesting the disorder was present from birth. Upon reading his book, even the mothers described the infants were different from birth.
The autism we see today is vastly different, these children meet all their milestones until the age of 12 to 18 months.
Many mothers describe a child who, after receiving several vaccines in one day as reacting with a high fever, high pitched; inconsolable scream, then silence.
In case you aren't aware, this perfectly describes vaccine induced encephalopathy. Which is a table injury in VICP.
Bailey Banks is a (recent) perfect example.
Citation?
Tucker

Franklin, TN

#9178 Apr 6, 2014
Unredneck wrote:
Many fetuses are vaccinated in utero via the mother with flu vaccine, dTap, Rho-gam. You are incorrect to assume "in utero" equals "before a child EVER gets a vaccine".
Reading is Fundamental

Martin, TN

#9179 Apr 6, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first statement is quite nonsensical. The most that can be said regarding my comment is that it contradicts your claim that no outrageous claims have been on this forum. However, you have written that the statement is not contradictory for that very reason.
Regarding your other comments. Many of the comments made on this forum arguing against immunization are derived from anecdotal evidence, the pharmaceuticals are out to screw the public and a misguided notion that some human beings (our children) are our property.
If you believe that medical science, or any science, can be vetted by persons not trained in the relevant science, then I suggest you contact you plumber, English Professor, or day laborer in order to diagnose and treat your next medical malady.
Clearly, given the judgement my post received, there was nothing nonsensical or outrageous about my statement at all. You spend more time personally attacking users here than offering up actual facts. This makes you a jerk. Period.
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9180 Apr 6, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Citation?
Well, read Leo's book. Then read the VICP transcripts on Bailey Banks.

I'm not here to do the research for you.
Help

Cookeville, TN

#9181 Apr 6, 2014
Anti-vaccine movement is giving diseases a 2nd life

Kathryn Riffenburg decided on a closed casket for her baby's funeral.

She didn't want her family to see what whooping cough, her son's first illness, had done to 9-week-old Brady Alcaide. The nearly forgotten disease, which has in recent years afflicted thousands of Americans, left Brady's tiny body swollen and unrecognizable.

So his mother dressed him in a white baptismal suit and hat and tucked him into a tiny white casket. Brady's burial came just four weeks after his first laugh — inspired by her version of I'm a Little Teapot — and two weeks after his family learned that he had contracted a vaccine-preventable illness.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/health/2014/04...
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9182 Apr 6, 2014
"The resurgence of pertussis in countries with high vaccination coverage has been attributed to a number of factors, including increased awareness with regard to the disease, improved diagnostics, waning vaccine-induced immunity and pathogen adaptation."

You read that right "pathogen adaptation"

The vaccine is failing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...
Help

Cookeville, TN

#9183 Apr 6, 2014
Besser said that the overall rate of non-vaccinated children, about 4.5%, was not statistically humongous, but that the refusal tended to happen in particular (and usually affluent) communities, where the rate can grow to as much as 20%.“That’s a ticking time bomb,” he said.“I think if you want to send your kid to public school, there should be no ifs, ands, or buts about it.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/abc-news-medical-e...

Interesting that it is the more well off communities that don't vaccinate and risk their children. Maybe the one percent will become less of a problem...
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9184 Apr 6, 2014
Help wrote:
Besser said that the overall rate of non-vaccinated children, about 4.5%, was not statistically humongous, but that the refusal tended to happen in particular (and usually affluent) communities, where the rate can grow to as much as 20%.“That’s a ticking time bomb,” he said.“I think if you want to send your kid to public school, there should be no ifs, ands, or buts about it.”
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/abc-news-medical-e...
Interesting that it is the more well off communities that don't vaccinate and risk their children. Maybe the one percent will become less of a problem...
NIH vs abc news.

ok.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9185 Apr 8, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, read Leo's book. Then read the VICP transcripts on Bailey Banks.
I'm not here to do the research for you.
You wabt to convince me of something then you need to provide specifics as to where you obrained yout information.

That is expected in any discussion. If you do not understand that then you are lazy, dishonest or simply unaware.

You make the claim, you back it up with argument and proper citations. If you do not, or unable to do that then you know notjing about proper research.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#9186 Apr 8, 2014
Independent wrote:
It should be up to the parents
Even though some parents are ignorant morons? What else should be "up to the parents?" What about molesting your kids... up the parents? Providing food for your kids or letting them starve... up to the parents? Refusing to let them have a blood transfusion that would save their life due to religious reasons... up to the parents?

I think people should have to take a test and get a license before they are allowed to breed. One of those questions should be: "do immunizations sometimes cause autism?" If you answer yes, you fail, and have to go actually take a class and research the issue instead of relying on hearsay and rumor like it is "fact."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingston Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denis Ferrier fired? 2 hr doreen sucks 14
What has happen to Nancy Van Camp? 7 hr Timothy 167
The real story 16 hr Carolyn Carter 5
Traffic Jam Sam 17 hr Rappin Deshawnqua... 91
Trump Is Unfit To Be President and Should be in... 19 hr Ubigdummy 14
Country Singer Brad Paisley is Jewish (Oct '13) 19 hr Oy vay surfs up 27
More money to Iran Fri Just me 5

Kingston Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance