Trial postponed: Attorney's illness, ...

Trial postponed: Attorney's illness, unavailable witness delays death penalty case

There are 31 comments on the Crossville Chronicle story from Sep 5, 2008, titled Trial postponed: Attorney's illness, unavailable witness delays death penalty case. In it, Crossville Chronicle reports that:

The capital murder case that was heading toward an October trial of the man accused of shooting a prison nurse and her four-year-old daughter has been postponed indefinitely after a state-certified death ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crossville Chronicle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
another anonymous

Dickson, TN

#22 Jan 9, 2009
I've been trying to follow this case and I'm amazed how long it is taking to bring this man to justice. My heart goes out to the family of the victims and can you imagine how terrified that mother must have been and the worry for her children? It makes me ill. I also feel sorry for his family. Can you imagine the shame and embarrassment they must feel when they go out in public - wondering if people blame them as well? You know he was having an affair and probably treated his family horribly. He obviously didn't care about them and I'm sure only cared about himself! He had enough of his own TOYS! Hopefully they will find another attorney and get justice soon. I'm sure if they would cuff him in front of the courthouse and allow people to throw stones like they used to --- that would do it. If we would allow the same punishment for the criminals as they give to the victim, our crime rate would go down. He has too many rights. Quite honestly, it irks me that we give this kind of person "life" and we pay for them the rest of their life.
bowdie

United States

#23 Jan 14, 2009
what he did was horrible. i believe he will and should pay for what he done with his life. there is more to this story. the guy has a severely physically disabled daughter. the cause was from a hospital malpractice at birth. he got a sizable settlement. he was married with kids. he was having affair with victim. the victim was having several affairs. she threatened to tell wife of affair unless he ponied up doe. she had no clue were the money came from she just knew he had it. he was already emotionally destroyed from daughters birth defect. being extorted for the money caused him to snap. not sure if this is true but if it is this may change his standing with those in the afterlife, but on this earth he will still fry.

Since: Nov 08

Knoxville, TN

#24 Jan 15, 2009
Kali wrote:
<quoted text>This attorney is a bad alcoholic, that's why he's sick, he going through dialysis. also he's not the brightest crayon in the box. He told several employees at the dialysis center in crossville the WHOLE story, defending this S.O.B.. The things he said made me want to vomit which was client/attorney privileged info. He's a joke! This murderer needs to die of a cruel death, like the little girl and her mother. Another source told me the woman crawled under a truck to get away from him after he had already shot her twice, he pulled her from under the truck and shot her point blanks numerous times after killing her daughter. This monster then drove off. Cumberland and Bledsoe co. sheriff's dept. finally located him in Bledsoe co. A person very close to me had to go to Nashville and watch the autopsy being done on the little girl. Broke his heart he said it was one of the worse things he's ever had to witness. This attorney will continue to keep delaying this trial as long as possible. This attorney is as close to nothing as they come. BUT, Houston Lloyd is too and he will fry....he's a piece of shit!!!!!!!!!! I hope the courts will eventually make this cold blooded killer retain another attorney and get this trial started. Oh yea, the attorney says these killings were JUSTIFIED!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!
Him telling the story in public could be a good reason for a mistrial,IF you want this sorry S.O.B.to get fried you had better shut your mouth..........
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

#25 Jan 16, 2009
when you don't got a defense,,use the best defence..create mass confusion..thats how lawyers and politicians work..sounds like thats what the lawyer is doing..
ANONYMOUS

Crossville, TN

#26 Feb 2, 2009
bowdie wrote:
what he did was horrible. i believe he will and should pay for what he done with his life. there is more to this story. the guy has a severely physically disabled daughter. the cause was from a hospital malpractice at birth. he got a sizable settlement. he was married with kids. he was having affair with victim. the victim was having several affairs. she threatened to tell wife of affair unless he ponied up doe. she had no clue were the money came from she just knew he had it. he was already emotionally destroyed from daughters birth defect. being extorted for the money caused him to snap. not sure if this is true but if it is this may change his standing with those in the afterlife, but on this earth he will still fry.
I'm sorry but I don't remember seeing you at any of the hearings. I do however remember seeing his wife there standing by her man. It made me sick!! You don't have any idea what was going on. She was trying to get away from him. She was trying to get her life back together. I KNOW THIS BEACAUSE SHE TOLD ME!! I'm not saying she was perfect but who is? YOU? I don't know where you got your information & I don't care but it is very much incorrect.
VeryAngry

Murfreesboro, TN

#27 Feb 5, 2009
You need to talk to people from Mr. Lloyd's hometown. He is a mean man, he did not snap. He has always had a temper. He was kicked out of games at his kids high school because he threw such fits. There is no mental problem because of his handicapped daughter. She lives a very normal life. He is just a mean person. I have no doubt he killed this woman pure and simple because she was ending their affair. I feel so sorry for her and her family. It's just not true about her being at fault at all.
Bumble Bee

United States

#28 Feb 6, 2009
He should not have kill the little girl or her mother but how did the mother meet him and what was they doing togather any way. why did she meet him at church with the kids any way.
hillbilly

Pikeville, TN

#29 Feb 6, 2009
Bumble Bee wrote:
He should not have kill the little girl or her mother but how did the mother meet him and what was they doing togather any way. why did she meet him at church with the kids any way.
the church parking lot.is a common meeting place in that area,i have meet people there.because its easy to find,and easy to get off road.this guy was just a nut.
Bumble Bee

United States

#30 Feb 10, 2009
She should have not be having affair with him anyway. They both was in wrong and that what happen when you do thing that you should not be doing. I hate that it end like that with them get kill.
Just Me

Pikeville, TN

#31 Feb 12, 2009
Regardless of the reasons why he did such a dispicable thing,,,,,he did it and should be punished for it. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth.
interesting

Sumter, SC

#32 Feb 13, 2009
hmmm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingston Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Education 52 mins ago 6:49 p.m.House delays vou... 1 hr More Facts 2
Still Stalking 3 hr iamthesame 20
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 4 hr JohnnyB 2,985
Foxy 5 hr okie 2
Looking for lonely milfs 9 hr Sexy eyes 3
dc4 (Apr '12) 12 hr yard dog 2
News Police Work To Solve Cold Case Murders Of Young... (Jul '09) 12 hr SKP 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingston Springs Mortgages