Soldiers Killed In Iraq Identified

The families of three Oklahoma National Guardsmen killed when their helicopter crashed in Southern Iraq, want more answers about what happened. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Taste the Rainbow”

Since: Jul 08

Houston, TX

#1 Sep 19, 2008
Enough is enough! Bring our soldiers home. Thoughts and prayers to their families.
Out of town

Bartlesville, OK

#2 Sep 19, 2008
Thoughts & prayers for the three men & there families!

“It's all about the ride..”

Cali

#3 Sep 19, 2008
Prayers to our HERO's...

Bring them all home!!
Ebo

Sand Springs, OK

#4 Sep 19, 2008
This is indeed very sad and is so very true they make a choice to defend this nation if it cost them there lives so that "WE" can continue live freely. My heart goes out to the families and my prayer are for them as well as the soldier whom are continuing to protect us daily. I agree with you random girl...time to bring them home....
GUARDSMANS MOM

Barnesville, OH

#5 Sep 19, 2008
Thursday, Sept. 18 was not a good day for any parent, wife, or loved one of an Oklahoma National Guardsman serving in Iraq. To hear that 3 had lost their lives so early in the day, the waiting was terrible. Our prayers are with those families who lost thier loved ones.
Muskogee Reader

Tulsa, OK

#6 Sep 19, 2008
My heart goes out to these Oklahoma families. God Bless these wonderful men and their families.
Carla

Yukon, OK

#7 Sep 19, 2008
How dare Mary Fallins office take it upon themselves to release such sensitive information. As a military wife I am devistated by this news and am ANGRY that these "Public Servants" chose to do such a dis-service to us all. We live our lives at a heightened sense of dread and when things like this come out un-officially we all cry, we all shake we all freak out and are nearly un-consoleable. How dare she and her staff be so cavalier with out greatest fears and deepest sorrows. This was wrong on so many levels. Once we discover that "Whew!" it wasn't our soldier we are still heartbroken that it was someone elses. It was a daddy, papa, brother, son or husband. The news is almost always beating the tar out of each other to shower us all with tragedy. Please quit trying to profit off of our sorrows.
Jss

Tulsa, OK

#8 Sep 19, 2008
BLESS THESE FAMILIES

“Taste the Rainbow”

Houston, TX

#9 Sep 19, 2008
Lets not forget our 4 Texas soldiers. My thoughts and prayers are to all of those lost.
GraciesMom

United States

#10 Sep 19, 2008
Thank you soldiers and thank you families for the sacrifices you make daily to ensure our freedom. May God bring special comfort to the families at this time. We as a state and a nation grieve.
mom of 3

Tulsa, OK

#11 Sep 19, 2008
Carla wrote:
How dare Mary Fallins office take it upon themselves to release such sensitive information. As a military wife I am devistated by this news and am ANGRY that these "Public Servants" chose to do such a dis-service to us all. We live our lives at a heightened sense of dread and when things like this come out un-officially we all cry, we all shake we all freak out and are nearly un-consoleable. How dare she and her staff be so cavalier with out greatest fears and deepest sorrows. This was wrong on so many levels. Once we discover that "Whew!" it wasn't our soldier we are still heartbroken that it was someone elses. It was a daddy, papa, brother, son or husband. The news is almost always beating the tar out of each other to shower us all with tragedy. Please quit trying to profit off of our sorrows.
Well said!!!!
OKNuke

Broken Arrow, OK

#12 Sep 19, 2008
Sure, bring them home! Sounds like many of you simply don't have the will to defend our country. Good thing you weren't around to spread this kind of nonsense during WW2. The argument that we weren't attacked by Iraq doesn't hold water when measured against the fact that WE attacked Germany, remember they never attacked us and noone seems to have a problem that in many cases we lost more soldiers in one day than in the entire war in Iraq!
My guess, you'll vote for Obamanation and if he win's, God forbid, you'll forever rue the fact that you wasted your vote on him.
edmond mom

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Sep 19, 2008
It is a sad day when any soldier has paid the ultimate price for our freedom. My thanks and prayers go out to each one and their families.
Shame on Mary Fallins office for their actions. I hope they are not allow such privy information in the future.
THANKS TO ALL SOLDIERS AND THEIR FAMILIES!! GOD BLESS YOU.

“It's all about the ride..”

Cali

#14 Sep 19, 2008
OKNuke wrote:
Sure, bring them home! Sounds like many of you simply don't have the will to defend our country. Good thing you weren't around to spread this kind of nonsense during WW2. The argument that we weren't attacked by Iraq doesn't hold water when measured against the fact that WE attacked Germany, remember they never attacked us and noone seems to have a problem that in many cases we lost more soldiers in one day than in the entire war in Iraq!
My guess, you'll vote for Obamanation and if he win's, God forbid, you'll forever rue the fact that you wasted your vote on him.
Do we vote for a 72 year old war hero, that was captured, don't forget that part! And a women that can't have a 15 minute conversation with her teenage daughter???? And who also just got her passport less than 2 years ago!!

Yeah, can't wait to vote for Obama!!!!
zebra

Norman, OK

#15 Sep 19, 2008
There will always be idiots in the world like you OKNuke. It is a shame that you have been sucked up into the Conservative "fear campaign". That's what they run on every four years. I fully support our troops, but our leaders that have put them in these situations are not fit to lead a country of our stature.
In regards to Carla's comments earlier, I couldn't have said it better myself. This is a perfect example of why she should never have been elected. She was more concerned about trying to be the first to let the Oklahoma families know...let them know that all they know is 3 of those lost were Oklahomans. How many families does that leave sitting by the phone, praying that it doesn't ring? The answer...countless more families than Fallin will ever be able to claim she "represented" well in D.C. She is a flawed politician and the sooner she is out of D.C. the better off Oklahomans will be.

“Taste the Rainbow”

Houston, TX

#16 Sep 19, 2008
OKNuke wrote:
You need to get a grip. We are over there for all the wrong reasons. It would be different if we were still over IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE trying to fight terrorism. Instead, we are over there trying to gain control of one of the largest oil reserves in the world!!

Yeah, Germany never attacked us but think of what they done to their poor citizens that needed someone to fight for them!
TULSA-MOM

Tulsa, OK

#17 Sep 19, 2008
Very well put. I have to agree with every word. I will pray for the families that have lost their loved ones, it is a horrible situation to be in, but how soon we forget how angry we were when they attacked the heart of our nation. We all came together and supported the decision we ALL knew had to be made. We HAD/ HAVE to defend our nation. If you ask anyone who is in the military they will tell you the same thing. They are proud to be an American amd fighting for our country. To all of you in the military "Thank you SO much", you are appreciated.
OKNuke wrote:

“Who dropped the stupid bomb?”

Since: Aug 08

Doghouse

#18 Sep 19, 2008
Condolences and heartfelt gratitude on the ultimate sacrifice your loved ones made for our Country. May God surround you now during this time of sorrow, comfort and hold you close.

Peace be with you

“Taste the Rainbow”

Houston, TX

#19 Sep 19, 2008
TULSA-MOM wrote:
Very well put. I have to agree with every word. I will pray for the families that have lost their loved ones, it is a horrible situation to be in, but how soon we forget how angry we were when they attacked the heart of our nation. We all came together and supported the decision we ALL knew had to be made. We HAD/ HAVE to defend our nation. If you ask anyone who is in the military they will tell you the same thing. They are proud to be an American amd fighting for our country. To all of you in the military "Thank you SO much", you are appreciated.
<quoted text>
I certainly have not and will not forget 9-11. Dubya seems to have shifted his focus from fighting those that brought the towers down. What did Iraq have to do with it?
Grazziamaria

Tulsa, OK

#21 Sep 19, 2008
Carla wrote:
I think the information and names are released with the only purpose to honor these soldiers who sacrifice for our Country! nothing else. My prayers go to their families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new owner of lakeway motel Nov 29 concerned citizen 1
30-Foot Sinkhole Opens in Coalgate Woman's Yard Nov 22 WMCOL 3
Two arrested for harboring escapee Oct '14 clairitymine 2
Antlers Postal Worker Sentenced For Stealing Pa... (Nov '13) Sep '14 truth b told 8
Two People Taken To Hospital And Investigation ... Sep '14 dlewis 1
Sunrise Family Resort (Feb '13) Sep '14 guest 2
Looking for Charles Mitchell Aug '14 Looking 1
Kingston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kingston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kingston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingston

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]