Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#9410 Sep 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So what you are saying is that it would be stupid to act on the theory of Rapture but not the theory of global warming. What's the difference?
On is science based on objective fact, the other is a fairy tale. That needed said?
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#9411 Sep 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So what you are saying is that it would be stupid to act on the theory of Rapture but not the theory of global warming. What's the difference?
Wow. Right there. Right there is why this country is so f'd up right now. Read that over and over again. The "theory of rapture". Again...wow. I know. I know. I hate God. Surely it couldn't be that I hate nutballs who call fables science and who whore out religion for poltical agendas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#9412 Sep 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I also said we need to rid our governments of liberals first which won't likely happen. A consumption tax would be a half-way meeting point. Democrats get new taxes, and Republicans don't place those new taxes on those of us who pay the most taxes--the top 10%. Of course I understand that there is no negotiations with Democrats. It's either their way or no way.
Once again, not true. The GOP was offered 10 bucks in spending cuts for every 1 dollar in increased taxes and the GOP said "no." You really are making things up now.

You still haven't said what you were going to cut from the budget to balance it without revenue increases.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#9413 Sep 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
On is science based on objective fact, the other is a fairy tale. That needed said?
If that's what you want to call it, then they are both fairy tales.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#9414 Sep 21, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are the top 10%? You said "us", followed by the top 10%. I guess, considering how stupid someone would have to be to support an agenda that only benefits the top 10%, you are all the top 10%. That's why you all make so much sense in how you vote.
Oh geeze, these public school people. Us...... as in all of us here in the United States.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#9415 Sep 21, 2012
Why is it that the GOP maintains that we can balance our budget without raising revenue but will never be specific about where they are going to cut the 1.295 Trillion dollars necessary to do so?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9416 Sep 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I also said we need to rid our governments of liberals first which won't likely happen. A consumption tax would be a half-way meeting point. Democrats get new taxes, and Republicans don't place those new taxes on those of us who pay the most taxes--the top 10%. Of course I understand that there is no negotiations with Democrats. It's either their way or no way.
Here is what the Democrats want to do which is to establish a fee on transactions which would eliminate the national debt and replace the Republicans income tax on individuals.

H.R. 4646 (111th): Debt Free America Act

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr4...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#9417 Sep 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, not true. The GOP was offered 10 bucks in spending cuts for every 1 dollar in increased taxes and the GOP said "no." You really are making things up now.
You still haven't said what you were going to cut from the budget to balance it without revenue increases.
I've posted that repeatedly. You just have a short memory. Those people who are able to work go to work and not collect government goodies. Quit funding PBS, the Arts, NPR, and any other public entertainment. Stop funding for Planned Parenthood. Close down most all bureaucracies. Make sterilization a prerequisite for collecting welfare. No HUD housing in suburbs. HUD housing in the city only. No funding for alternative energy, that belongs in the private sector. Close all tax loopholes. Every company pays the same percentage of tax.

New taxes: Let DumBama sign into law the Congressional Buffett bill. The Buffet bill allows anybody to contribute as much tax dollars as they like to the federal government. This way Warren can pay more tax than his secretary. I'm sure that alone will take our debt down by 3 trillion dollars.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#9418 Sep 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
Why is it that the GOP maintains that we can balance our budget without raising revenue but will never be specific about where they are going to cut the 1.295 Trillion dollars necessary to do so?
Why hasn't the Dem Senate passed a budget in years?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#9419 Sep 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. What are you going to cut?
everything

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#9420 Sep 21, 2012
This thread reminds me of the Chinese Cultural Revolution every time I look at it.

Che has the patience of Job to keep arguing with the microcephalics here.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#9421 Sep 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted that repeatedly. You just have a short memory. Those people who are able to work go to work and not collect government goodies. Quit funding PBS, the Arts, NPR, and any other public entertainment. Stop funding for Planned Parenthood. Close down most all bureaucracies. Make sterilization a prerequisite for collecting welfare. No HUD housing in suburbs. HUD housing in the city only. No funding for alternative energy, that belongs in the private sector. Close all tax loopholes. Every company pays the same percentage of tax.
New taxes: Let DumBama sign into law the Congressional Buffett bill. The Buffet bill allows anybody to contribute as much tax dollars as they like to the federal government. This way Warren can pay more tax than his secretary. I'm sure that alone will take our debt down by 3 trillion dollars.
Ok. Just to make sure. When you cut Medicare, is that for the disabled and elderly too? Because just welfare and "discretionary" spending is 32% of our annual budget. You are going to need more cuts.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#9422 Sep 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Why hasn't the Dem Senate passed a budget in years?
Because they don't have the 60 votes necessary to pass one.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#9423 Sep 21, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
everything
I'm not sure you are going to get much support for eliminating the military.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#9424 Sep 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Just to make sure. When you cut Medicare, is that for the disabled and elderly too? Because just welfare and "discretionary" spending is 32% of our annual budget. You are going to need more cuts.
That's why I included getting rid of all these expensive bureaucracies that we really don't need. I also don't have a list (nor have the time) to go through item by item of each and every expense. But here, go through the list yourself:

http://dirtyspendingsecrets.com/
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#9425 Sep 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The hottest decade. That's not supposed to happen. The temperature is supposed to be consistent year after year, decade after decade, and century after century.
It really makes you wonder what these trillions of dollars in clean air nonsense did for our planet now doesn't it? I mean we have cleaner gasoline, electric cars, higher MPG vehicles, less industry, lead free paint, no more freon. And now we have the hottest decade in history. Hmmmm.
It almost makes one consider the likely fact that we don't have control of the temperature or climate. We might think we do, but it sure doesn't seem like it. After all, you provided proof: hottest decade (in the few years we've been keeping records) ever.
I think the only real solution is to halt all transportation. If you need to get somewhere, walk. Shut down all industry. No more airplanes or trains. No trucks or cars. If you need to eat, grow your own food. If you can't, then die. But of course, up north, the winter will likely kill you with no heat before starvation.
Pipe the exhaust directly into the cab. It would accelerate the effects that clearly you are suffering from.

woof
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#9426 Sep 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they don't have the 60 votes necessary to pass one.
--White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew, on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Feb. 12. 2012

Newly-named White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew was not only recently budget director for President Obama; he was also the budget director for former President Bill Clinton. So when he speaks about the budget process, you would think he speaks with authority.

That’s why his comment on CNN jumped out at us. He also said something similar on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” when asked about the number of days since Senate Democrats passed a budget plan (1,019). Lew’s response:“One of the things about the United States Senate that I think the American people have realized is that it takes 60, not 50, votes to pass something.”

Given that President Obama unveils his budget on Monday—and the congressional budget process is so complex—it seems like it is time for a refresher course. Let’s examine if Lew is being misleading here.

The Facts
The term “budget” is used rather loosely in Washington. The White House every year proposes a budget, but that document is at best a political statement and wish list, since none of those proposals will take effect unless Congress enacts them into law. The House and Senate every spring are supposed to pass a budget resolution, which also does not have the force of law but guides the amount of money available to the Appropriations Committees, in addition to setting parameters for tax and entitlement legislation.

The Appropriations Committees actually determine how much money each discretionary federal program will receive; that’s the source of real budget power.

But the congressional budget resolution can be important because of a process known as reconciliation. If language is included in the budget resolution that directs a Congressional committee to meet certain spending or tax targets, then the resulting bill cannot be subject to filibuster (ie, needing 60 votes to end debate) and can pass with only a majority vote.(For more information on the budget process, see this excellent primer by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.)

President George W. Bush used reconciliation to pass his tax cuts, and President Obama used reconciliation to pass amendments to the health care law.(Note: Republicans often say he used to reconciliation to pass health care, but technically, the health-care law was passed in the Senate with 60 votes, and then amendments were passed under reconciliation to placate House Democrats.) The Congressional Research Service also has a good primer on reconciliation.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#9427 Sep 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure you are going to get much support for eliminating the military.
who said eliminate?

you did

the entire budget needs cut in half.

the military is 1/3rd of govt expenditure. The other 2/3rds can be cut with much vigor.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#9428 Sep 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The middle-class is shrinking because of automation and job losses overseas. It's now cheaper to have your stuff made somewhere else and ship it to the US than it is to put up with unions, taxes, regulations and all the other expenditures it takes to create stuff in the US. Not only that, but the US consumer will not support the US worker. Their products are too expensive.
Walter Willaims on manufacturing:
Let’s look at manufacturing. According to Dr. Mark Perry’s Department of Labor employment data, in his article “Manufacturing’s Death Greatly Exaggerated,” U.S. manufacturing employment peaked at 19.5 million jobs in 1979. Since 1979, the manufacturing workforce has shrunk by 40 percent, and there’s every indication that manufacturing employment will continue to shrink. Before you buy into the call for Congress to do something about manufacturing job loss, there are some other facts to be considered.
According to the Federal Reserve, the dollar value of U.S. manufacturing output in November was $2.72 trillion (in 2000 dollars). Today’s manufacturing worker is so productive that the value of his average output is $234,220. Output per worker is three times as high as it was in 1980 and twice as high as it was in 1990. For the year 2008, the Federal Reserve estimates that the value of U.S. manufacturing output was about $3.7 trillion (in 2008 dollars). If the U.S. manufacturing sector were a separate economy, with its own GDP, it would be tied with Germany as the world’s fourth-richest economy. The GDPs are: U.S.($14.2 trillion), Japan ($4.9 trillion), China ($4.3 trillion), U.S. manufacturing ($3.7 trillion), Germany ($3.7 trillion), France ($2.9 trillion) and the United Kingdom ($2.7 trillion).
These facts put a lie to claims we hear about how we are a country that “doesn’t produce anything anymore,” and how we have “outsourced our production to China,” and there’s been a “demise of U.S. manufacturing.” U.S. manufacturing has gone through the same kind of labor-saving technological innovation as agriculture. Should we discard that innovation in the name of saving jobs?
http://www.wnd.com/2010/01/121034/
The flip side of your argument is very simple, and makes more sense.

The middle class is shrinking as a direct result of the loss of bargaining and political power of unions in manufacturing construction, and similar industries.

The "trickle up" of better pay and benefits that non-unionized workers used to enjoy in private industries as a result of their unionized neighbors has been eviscerated, to a large degree, particularly in manufacturing trades.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#9429 Sep 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Budget crises solved instantly:

Tax churches.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Foreclosures 8 hr stace 7
BCI Investigation Mon HELPFUL TIP 5
New (Jan '15) Mon Still Pissed 6
Black 90's cavalier with grey on the hood?????? Sun Mjk 2
Going to Church Sun aight 1
News Ross County man builds dream cabin one log at a... May 19 Marylou 1
Kingston Community Yard Sale May 18 Heywud Jablowme 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingston Mortgages