of 2
Next Last
Pekinite

United States

#21 Sep 24, 2013
hi wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually my husband did an brother did thank u mr know it all
I still believe with all of Pekins faults its still a good town to live in. Sure things aren't always the way we might want it an we do have a city council. Why air ur concerns there? Keep going until u get answers.... dont give up. That's just lets things you want changed. Run for city council but dont appear to complain an not at least try. Their are good people here....they just need someone to encourage them. Could that be you?
no

Greenbrier, AR

#22 Sep 27, 2013
C-Michael wrote:
I did business with a local merchant in Pekin from 1994 to 2001. It is amazing how much the town changed in that amount of time. By 1998 or 1999 the crime had risen considerably, due to meth. Many homes have been burglarized by druggies to support their habit. To the person who said that most of the crime in Pekin is not felony crime: methamphetamine manufacture is a federal felony.

I also had an issue where I was a victim of theft by a person from Pekin a couple of years ago. The Pekin police department and Stuart Umholtz were of no help. I was told that it was a "civil matter". Actually, I know for a fact that the suspect is good friends with many Pekin police officers. Yes, the good old boy network is alive and well in Pekin!

Pekin is actually a fairly rough town. There were a couple of times where some hillbillies/druggies with no teeth tried to provoke me into a fight. The last time was at Walgreens on Court Street in 2011. I just smirked, shook my head, and walked away.

To hi: I would suggest Morton, IL or East Peoria, IL as a place to live. Just stay away from Pekin.
Thank you foR the info!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingston Mines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McNaughton Park...history of partial stone buil... (Jun '12) Feb 7 Tyler 3
Lisa Conn Murder (Feb '13) Feb 1 Wendy 20
The Local Gatehouse Media (May '15) Jan 29 our view 13
the heck with Saul, better call Burt Jan 28 billy 6
Poll Are you happy with Comcast? (Dec '08) Jan 25 Stew2 42
News Motorists and car dealers love the drop in gas ... Jan 23 Solarman 1
Most haunted house in Pekin. (Jan '10) Jan 17 Duvalone 58
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingston Mines Mortgages