Bartow BOE 9/24
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
outraged taxpayer

Peachtree City, GA

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Did anyone read the Letter to the Editor this morning in the Daily Tribune News about Bartow's board of education meeting this past Monday night......WOW?????? I believe it is time to go to the meetings, 9/24 is the next one according to the letter!
Shaneequa

Cartersville, GA

#2 Sep 13, 2012
I read it and applaud Mr Hornyak's stand. He stated the facts and people with an interest in Bartow County Schools should certainly attend the next board meeting.
Wondering

Pine Lake, GA

#3 Sep 13, 2012
I am wondering why the school system no longer provides full agendas to the business meetings. What good does it do us to have the consent agenda but no information on what they are voting on until after they vote? One page is not enough.

I think they used to provide everything but personnel in advance. We need to start asking them to provide the information so the public can talk to their reps BEFORE they vote instead of AFTER, when it is too late.

After all...they WORK for US...
Lee Harvey

United States

#4 Sep 14, 2012
outraged taxpayer wrote:
Did anyone read the Letter to the Editor this morning in the Daily Tribune News about Bartow's board of education meeting this past Monday night......WOW?????? I believe it is time to go to the meetings, 9/24 is the next one according to the letter!
Its a very small group that just keeps on about the same ole BS. They don't have anything better to do than cause problems in the schools. Let it go folks. Our board may not be perfect (no ones is) but they do a good job and are good people.
Jack Ruby

Cartersville, GA

#5 Sep 14, 2012
Lee Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>Its a very small group that just keeps on about the same ole BS. They don't have anything better to do than cause problems in the schools. Let it go folks. Our board may not be perfect (no ones is) but they do a good job and are good people.
You have it backwards Mr. Oswald.

It is a small group trying to control the county schools in opposition to the electorate's wishes and we are trying to remedy the situation.
tax payer also

Roswell, GA

#6 Sep 14, 2012
Lee Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>Its a very small group that just keeps on about the same ole BS. They don't have anything better to do than cause problems in the schools. Let it go folks. Our board may not be perfect (no ones is) but they do a good job and are good people.
I agree. These people are given answers and don't like what they hear. Case in point calling out Ms. Gray. Its about time someone saw through her. All she says is "its for the children" or "I'm here for the tax payer" well how about letting us know just what have you done? I think the board is doing a good job also. Let the board do their job that we put them in there to do.
Lee Harvey

United States

#7 Sep 14, 2012
Jack Ruby wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it backwards Mr. Oswald.
It is a small group trying to control the county schools in opposition to the electorate's wishes and we are trying to remedy the situation.
Jack, the electorates wishes? A lady spoke AGAIN Monday night about Ms.Sullivans appointment. It's over, let it go. The "ELECTORATE" settled that issue on July 31st with resounding support of Ms. Sullivan. Looks like the board had a good idea of what the electorate wanted. The things this little group is complaining about is petty and they need to drop it.
We know

United States

#8 Sep 14, 2012
Lee Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>Its a very small group that just keeps on about the same ole BS. They don't have anything better to do than cause problems in the schools. Let it go folks. Our board may not be perfect (no ones is) but they do a good job and are good people.
We all know who u r Bill. Defending Angie. Everyone else wants an honest BOE &
Super.
Craig

White, GA

#9 Sep 14, 2012
This is the most dangerous and dysfunctional board since the 1980's. Every time Davis Nelson gets involved there are problems.
justme

Cartersville, GA

#10 Sep 14, 2012
Lee Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>Its a very small group that just keeps on about the same ole BS. They don't have anything better to do than cause problems in the schools. Let it go folks. Our board may not be perfect (no ones is) but they do a good job and are good people.
No sorry but BOE is a joke... what else is a joke is that WE the parents have to do what WE the taxpayers are paying the school board & teachers to do which is provide an education to our children... If I have to do 3 hours of homework everyday then what are they doing for my child for 8 hours a day... I ( as a taxpayer ) pay their salary and am sick and tired of doing their job after doing mine all day to pay them... THEY ARE ALL A JOKE
Reader

Cartersville, GA

#11 Sep 14, 2012
I read what the lady presented to the board about the appointment on Patch. The whole point of her speaking (at least what her paper said) was to ask what the board would do if there was another vacancy in the future.

I would like to know the answer to that question myself.
Lee Harvey

United States

#12 Sep 14, 2012
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
No sorry but BOE is a joke... what else is a joke is that WE the parents have to do what WE the taxpayers are paying the school board & teachers to do which is provide an education to our children... If I have to do 3 hours of homework everyday then what are they doing for my child for 8 hours a day... I ( as a taxpayer ) pay their salary and am sick and tired of doing their job after doing mine all day to pay them... THEY ARE ALL A JOKE
What could be more important than spending time with your child helping with homework to further enhance their education? What do you want to do in the evenings? Sit on the porch an smoke cigarettes an drink beer?
Biology Stinks

Cartersville, GA

#13 Sep 14, 2012
We know wrote:
<quoted text>We all know who u r Bill. Defending Angie. Everyone else wants an honest BOE &
Super.


Oh, are you referring to the same Bill that hangs out with the board member, vacations with the board member, hosts drinking parties for the teenagers of the board member (being held in the board members pool house), and the same Bill that managed to get rid of the previous teacher to get a job!!! Yeah, I know that Bill.
Bill Brownlee

Acworth, GA

#14 Sep 16, 2012
They are elected so who is the joke?
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
No sorry but BOE is a joke... what else is a joke is that WE the parents have to do what WE the taxpayers are paying the school board & teachers to do which is provide an education to our children... If I have to do 3 hours of homework everyday then what are they doing for my child for 8 hours a day... I ( as a taxpayer ) pay their salary and am sick and tired of doing their job after doing mine all day to pay them... THEY ARE ALL A JOKE
forthepeople

Cartersville, GA

#15 Sep 16, 2012
Lee Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>Its a very small group that just keeps on about the same ole BS. They don't have anything better to do than cause problems in the schools. Let it go folks. Our board may not be perfect (no ones is) but they do a good job and are good people.
It doesn't take the sharpest knife in the drawer to know: if it keeps happening over and over, it isn't BS. Some members of this board think they are above the law and run the board according to their rules.
But let it be said, from one who knows, this board will be held accountable for it's actions. THIS IS NOT OVER!!! LH, I would be very careful calling these comments BS...Watch the paper for the next week or so...you may be forced to change your mind. There will be proof of wrong doings.
Really

Cartersville, GA

#16 Sep 17, 2012
If you are counting on the newspaper to print proof of wrongdoing, better look elsewhere to get the story out. They will bury it. Try Patch instead. They seem a lot more honest.
An Open Mind

Cartersville, GA

#17 Sep 23, 2012
Why is it that the "Taxpayers for an Ethical Bartow Board of Education" are so begrudging of Davis Nelson and Angie Cornett? Why were these SAME people in favor of spending taxpayer money to support Lamar Grizzle and file a case against the State of GA on his behalf to allow him to maintain his seat while his daughter (coincidentally) was an administrator at Pine Log?? However, it's not okay to simply "make a link" between Mrs. Cornett to Rome's Volleyball club AND Mr. Nelson to Excel.

Advice to the "Taxpayers for an Ethical Bartow Board of Education"....STOP BEING HYPOCRITES AND LET IT GO! NO ONE CARES FOR "YOUR" CAUSE! STOP FALSELY PRETENDING YOU ARE DOING ALL OF THIS FOR "THE CHILDREN"!!! GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!
never

United States

#18 Sep 23, 2012
An Open Mind wrote:
Why is it that the "Taxpayers for an Ethical Bartow Board of Education" are so begrudging of Davis Nelson and Angie Cornett? Why were these SAME people in favor of spending taxpayer money to support Lamar Grizzle and file a case against the State of GA on his behalf to allow him to maintain his seat while his daughter (coincidentally) was an administrator at Pine Log?? However, it's not okay to simply "make a link" between Mrs. Cornett to Rome's Volleyball club AND Mr. Nelson to Excel.

Advice to the "Taxpayers for an Ethical Bartow Board of Education"....STOP BEING HYPOCRITES AND LET IT GO! NO ONE CARES FOR "YOUR" CAUSE! STOP FALSELY PRETENDING YOU ARE DOING ALL OF THIS FOR "THE CHILDREN"!!! GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!
It will never go away until they do right!!!! You obviously care because you are taking time to engage in topic. It is eating you up inside.
Acetone

United States

#19 Sep 23, 2012
An Open Mind wrote:
Why is it that the "Taxpayers for an Ethical Bartow Board of Education" are so begrudging of Davis Nelson and Angie Cornett? Why were these SAME people in favor of spending taxpayer money to support Lamar Grizzle and file a case against the State of GA on his behalf to allow him to maintain his seat while his daughter (coincidentally) was an administrator at Pine Log?? However, it's not okay to simply "make a link" between Mrs. Cornett to Rome's Volleyball club AND Mr. Nelson to Excel.

Advice to the "Taxpayers for an Ethical Bartow Board of Education"....STOP BEING HYPOCRITES AND LET IT GO! NO ONE CARES FOR "YOUR" CAUSE! STOP FALSELY PRETENDING YOU ARE DOING ALL OF THIS FOR "THE CHILDREN"!!! GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!
The problem here is that these cases are just the tip of the iceberg. If you have read/listened at all to Ms Gray, then you would know she wants equality for ALL. No one cares that the facilities are being used, just have them pay like everyone else.

Mr. Nelson has his hands in too many issues. He is a control freak. He has swept to much away and bullies people. He is a quiet menace.
An Open Mind

Cartersville, GA

#20 Sep 23, 2012
I genuinely care about the repercussions to the students in the school system. SACS gives accreditation to these schools. Without it, our students will not have a valid diploma or education!!! And for what?? A petty grudge between a select few??? It's shameful!!!
never wrote:
<quoted text>
It will never go away until they do right!!!! You obviously care because you are taking time to engage in topic. It is eating you up inside.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bisexual friends 20 min EverybodyCrazy 3
Mayor Dennis Thayer needs to go (Oct '15) 3 hr Watch and Learn 878
iron order mc vs. the outlaws mc (Jan '10) 4 hr I know 574
Secret Confessions 15 hr FINAL JUSTICE 28
What happened to Cole Andrews? 19 hr Si_Si 19
Why is there so many unsolved murders in Bartow... (Jul '09) 23 hr Rebecca H 98
Where are the hookers in Cartersville? (Aug '12) Sat White guy 47

Kingston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingston Mortgages