looking for a gas station that sells ...

looking for a gas station that sells E85 gas

Posted in the Kingsport Forum

E85 gas

Monroe, NC

#1 Aug 28, 2012
Anyone know of a gas station that sells E85 gas in Kingsport? I used to buy it at the station between O'Charley's and Cheddars but they no longer sell it. They changed the E85 pump over to sell racing fuel which makes no sense, there are 100 times the cars on the road that run on E85 than racing fuel. If anyone know where a station is that sells E85 could you please tell me where it is located? Thanks.
used to

Summerville, GA

#2 Aug 30, 2012
the shell station by pal's in colonial heights used to have it, but if the shell near o'charleys quit selling it then the colonial heights station might have stopped selling it too. you could call and ask.
Why

Maynardville, TN

#3 Sep 15, 2012
Would you want to buy that Sh*t anyways.

“Unknown”

Since: Sep 12

Kingsport

#4 Sep 16, 2012
Can I ask why do you even want to purchase E-85?

It actually ends up costing you more in the long run and for everyone. Basically in simple terms every time you purchase ethanol based gasoline, you raise taxes for EVERYONE and put more money in the "wrong" pockets. Corn is now WAY more valuable commodity than E-85 and all of its "cousins". It ends up costing more to make the fuel than what it is even worth by government standards. Which is not even true is the sad part, you can make fuel from the leftovers of corn (such as the leaves and stalks) and also can be made from various forms of wheat and grass. Yet our lovely leaders and their shit ass carbon taxes and corn tax are consuming at the lowest 50 billion a year, from YES the so called "middle class". Just buy whatever your car recommends and actually give it a "test" run with the lowest grade possible, and if you notice no difference in the "running" of the car, then just stick with the cheap stuff. The "computer" and fuel compensating microchips will help suffice to your compression ratio in the first place. But by all means if you notice a difference or already have noticed a difference then carry on and put higher test in.

The noteworthy changes would be something like, pinging sound in the engine,loss of acceleration, massive drop in fuel mileage, and few other small changes, compared to the named problems.

The only time it REALLY should make a difference though is if your in a high altitude cool climate, and are pulling a large amount of weight with your vehicle.
ASE tech

Columbus, OH

#5 Sep 17, 2012
I've seen a lot of vehicles severely damaged by the use of E85 (ethanol or ethyl alcohol). "Flex fuel" vehicles are designed to use E85 by eliminating all bare magnesium, aluminum, and rubber parts within the fuel system. Fuel pumps must be capable of operating with electrically conductive ethanol instead of non-conducting dielectric gasoline fuel. High pressure fuel lines must be made of stainless steel while fuel tanks should be internally coated with stainless steel. Injection control systems must have a wider range of pulse widths to inject approximately 34% more fuel into the fuel/air mixture reauired for cumbustion.
Sir known

Johnson City, TN

#6 Feb 12, 2013
I run E85 in my 57 chevy. Thats right , it has a blown 355 running 15 lbs of boost around 15 to 1 compression ratio. You must run alot of octane for this motor to prevent "pinging sounds" hence E85 105 octane. Great stuff, as you can tell I am not interested mileage, if I was I would drive a tesla. i hope Shell rethinks there decision not sell E85.
boostguy

Wise, VA

#7 Feb 19, 2014
You can make much more power running E85 over 93. That's why he wants to run E85.
Bart

Kingsport, TN

#8 May 1, 2015
Sir known wrote:
I run E85 in my 57 chevy. Thats right , it has a blown 355 running 15 lbs of boost around 15 to 1 compression ratio. You must run alot of octane for this motor to prevent "pinging sounds" hence E85 105 octane. Great stuff, as you can tell I am not interested mileage, if I was I would drive a tesla. i hope Shell rethinks there decision not sell E85.
Where can I find E85 in the Tri-City area?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL & National Anthem 19 min Lowery 10
Longhorn steakhouse 51 min julie 24
What are your thoughts on the Ridgefield countr... 2 hr Teasa 20
Lynnview Ridge - Income based? Any other income... (Sep '13) 2 hr Teasa 9
Sensabaugh Tunnel 2 hr Caitlyn Jenner 28
Becky love 4 hr kim kardashian su... 6
Local author/blogger seeks those with ghost sto... (Dec '15) 5 hr kim kardashian su... 9

Kingsport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingsport Mortgages