Best place to sell gold and silver an...

Best place to sell gold and silver and coins in Kingsport TN

Posted in the Kingsport Forum

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 Dec 9, 2011
I have some old jewelry that I no longer wear and I thought I would sell it for some extra Christmas money. With so many places offering cash for gold, I do not know where to go. Can anyone recommend an honest place that will pay me fairly for my stuff? I also have some old silver coins. Please donít tell me about any person that will meet me at my home or anywhere else to buy my stuff. I tried selling these items on craigslist and I got a bunch of nutball calls.
Try This

United States

#2 Dec 9, 2011
I would visit some antique shops in the area and ask some of the employees for advice. Most antique shop employees have tons of friends to where they can hook you up with someone who would give you a fair deal.

Stay away from "Cash for Gold" places as they are nothing but crooks.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 9, 2011
The best place I found was Tri City Gold Buyers. I went to the one in Gray but they told me they also had another location inside Carols Things on Center St in Kingsport.

I took my items to 3 places before selling. One offered me $520 and the 2nd only offered $450. I told them I had already been offered $520 and then they offered me $530. Next I went to Tri City Gold Buyers and they offered me $875 right off the bat!

I went back yesterday with a handful of silver coins and they bought them for $175! I did not expect more than $30 or $40.

Very honest place to deal with. I highly recommend them.
yeah right

United States

#4 Dec 9, 2011
This looks like an add scam commercial for Tri City Gold Buyers already...Funny how two people post and they both registered the same day.
Shirley Sells

Johnson City, TN

#5 Dec 9, 2011
I also took some items to Carols Things. I got way more than I expected. I went to Gold Rush first and they only offered me $50 for my necklace. Carols Things gave me $375!
Happy Gold Seller

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Jan 2, 2012
After reading this I decided to see what my old stuff was worth. I had already tried putting some of my items on ebay and craigslist but that was a pain in the rear. I went to Gold Rush first and they offered me $50 too. I see a pattern here, perhaps they only have $50 lol. I told them I would just keep my stuff if it was not worth any more than that. I then went to Diamond Exchange and they offered me $410. That sounded pretty good but but I figured it would not hurt to go to 1 more place so I went to Carols Things and they paid me $450. Now I have enough to buy the new iPad I want!!!

United States

#7 Jan 25, 2012
Folks, I wonder why they are buying from you? Seems are people are selling off the only real store of value for modern junk that will depreciate in value.
Cash Payout

Johnson City, TN

#8 Mar 13, 2012
This is not an advertisement, if this is an advertisement blog then I must apologize to Tri Cities Gold Buyers. I spent the time & checked out a few places & at my last stop I received the best payout & took it. I did go by Tri City Goldbuyers in Gray, Tn (near the elementary school) & they were just feeling me out like all the others. I finally sold all my "junk" at Cash 4 Gold Express in Colonial Heights to some preacher guy. Bottom line, they offered & paid me the most money for my old gold. Just my input on the situation!
Happy Mom

Johnson City, TN

#10 Mar 28, 2012
After reading the post from "Cash Payout", I took my class ring to Cash 4 Gold Express and the guy only offered me $13 for it. I then took it to Tri City Gold Buyers and they gave me $75 for it!
What a Joke

Johnson City, TN

#11 Mar 28, 2012
Sure you did Happy Mom & I am sure there was that big of a difference in price! At least post something creative if you are advertising for your own business. I took the time to look up Tri City Goldbuyers & guess what? They also own Carol's Things & Intimate Treasures. I will trade my old jewelry for that purple Dildo right over there Tri City Gold Carol Intimate Things Treasure Buyer. Funny!
To What a Joke

Elizabethton, TN

#12 Apr 17, 2012
The owner of Intimate Treasures is Mark Hatfield and I know for a fact that he does NOT own the other two businesses you mention.
Gold Rush Over

Jonesborough, TN

#13 Apr 18, 2012
O.K., "To What a Joke", you now have a 3rd name other than your posting on the Johnson City forum. This blog had gone away & why did you bring it back? Economists have proven that the gold rush is over, so why does it matter any more? People, go to 4 or 5 different locations & the final location will pay the most to get the goods. If you don't sell it, these unethical sharks don't make money. That being said, stay strong in negotiations (much like buying a car).

Shelby, NC

#14 Apr 15, 2013
I have some old silver half dollar coins for example some are the walking liberty. I really want to get the best offer for what I have mostly for sentimental reasons. I'm from kingspprt, where would you recommend?
Food for thought

Kingsport, TN

#16 Jun 20, 2014
Sounds like most of these so called customers are Business owners trying to use topics. Bottom line.... Just check for yourself for the best price. Jut visit 2 or 3 locations. Don't always believe what you read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renea J Cook is a law enforcement informant fo... 1 hr Bigdik 1
Scott Floyd mechanic POS snitch for the POS law... 2 hr Bigdik 3
Bbc looking for white couple 6 hr Jon jon 1
dark, tall, yummy chocolate with long dreads 6 hr becca 1
Ming Garden 12 hr kim kardashian su... 17
Zach Gardner Link To Triple Murder Victims 12 hr kim kardashian su... 39
Review: HD Motors (Mar '13) 19 hr kim kardashian su... 120

Kingsport Jobs

Personal Finance

Kingsport Mortgages