Rick Spivey

Posted in the Kingsport Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Is Old Rick Spivey still practicing law in Kingsport? He used to be about the best lawyer around
No Name

Blountville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Johny Ringo wrote:
Is Old Rick Spivey still practicing law in Kingsport? He used to be about the best lawyer around
Yes, criminal law.

Since: Jul 12

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 30, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

well, He's still practicing, but as to whether or not he's any good.....well, I paid him $12,500.00 to get me out of trouble, and still spent 5 years in prison. Honestly, I don't think he was all that. However, he is a decent enough guy, and on a personal note, I'd like to drink some liquor with him, but professional-wise, I would'nt recommend him....Over-charges, and under-represents.....
About Time

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

If you were in trouble why should he get you out? Could be that you deserved to be in jail! Money doesn't buy everthing or does it?
Jake Spivey

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 31, 2012
 
asortofhomecoming wrote:
well, He's still practicing, but as to whether or not he's any good.....well, I paid him $12,500.00 to get me out of trouble, and still spent 5 years in prison. Honestly, I don't think he was all that. However, he is a decent enough guy, and on a personal note, I'd like to drink some liquor with him, but professional-wise, I would'nt recommend him....Over-charges, and under-represents.....
Was you guilty?
Benz Boy

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 31, 2012
 
You couldn't have a drink with Rick....he hasn't had a drink in over 10 years.
John R

Rogersville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 31, 2012
 
There's a video of him in action at the bottom of the page here:
http://www.timesnews.net/article/9049803/form...

Since: Jul 12

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

About Time wrote:
If you were in trouble why should he get you out? Could be that you deserved to be in jail! Money doesn't buy everthing or does it?
You are correct in your assessment. When I got in trouble, I went to him on the advice of friends and family. I had also heard of his record in the past and thought he'd be perfect to represent me. Yes, I did something that deserved for me to go to prison. I won't lie.However, I spent more time in prison than the crime deserved, and there were alot of "inconsistencies" in the prosecutions case. Never once did he attack those inconsistencies or even mention them. I felt like all he wanted was my money and he didn't care what happened to me, so long as he got paid. I do realize that attorneys should NEVER be trusted, but I just thought he was better than that. Good guy, but I just had a bad experience with him. That's all I was saying....
Big Question

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 1, 2012
 
I bet if you asked he would give some of your money back
umm

Blountville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 10, 2012
 
Big Question wrote:
I bet if you asked he would give some of your money back
Yeah, when hell freezes over.
Absolutely Hillarious

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 13, 2012
 
umm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, when hell freezes over.
Spivey is one of the generous lawyers around LOL!
Ms Jess

Rock Hill, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

I think the world of Rick. He is a VERY good attorney and has helped a couple of my family members. He does his job.
Graig

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

The only problem with Rick is that a lot of people have heard of him and that makes him VERY busy. My experience was getting at most ten minutes of his time then all contact was with his secretaries. Phone calls were not be returned even when Rick himself said he would call to set up a time to meet with me again. Then one day a totally different attorney in a totally different office calls me up saying he is representing me now (Dan Minor).

And this was done without a heads up from anyone at Spivey's office.

I called his office and asked one of the secretaries (of course) what was going on and of course she didn't know but said she was aware this had been done. NO explanation was given. I never bothered them with too many phone calls. I was always courteous, always honest. I don't know why that happened to this day. My case was settled by Mr. Minor (who kept asking me what I wanted him to do and I kept thinking, YOU are the attorney, you tell ME what to do).

The moral of the story here is find a guy that you like, seems like they will do their job aggressively, and actually has time for you. There are plenty of good attorneys besides Spivey. I would guess that unless you have an high profile / high payout case, it doesn't really pay to bother with him.
Rick Spivey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Is an awesome individual. I admire him for so many reasons. :)
Tommy Olterman

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 23, 2012
 
Rick Spivey wrote:
Is an awesome individual. I admire him for so many reasons.:)
Well Rickey Spivey how in the he!! are ya
Louie Adkison

Gatlinburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

What Mr. Spivey is, is a great salesman! He has represented my son in a criminal case, making lots of promises for lots of money($10,000.00), to be exact. He only met with my son twice. Once his son, who is new to the practice, met with him once. Mr. Spivey was 3 hrs late for his first court appearance, causing it to be put off. Today, Mr. Spivey did not show up for court. He sent a female who my son had never seen, who basically forced him to plead guilty to several misdemeanors, and tried to make him feel lucky it wasn't a "felony". Any $1000.00 attorney could have done what he did. As I said, Mr. Spivey is a GOOD salesman, nothing more. Be very aware of this when you hear how great he is.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Louie Adkison wrote:
What Mr. Spivey is, is a great salesman! He has represented my son in a criminal case, making lots of promises for lots of money($10,000.00), to be exact. He only met with my son twice. Once his son, who is new to the practice, met with him once. Mr. Spivey was 3 hrs late for his first court appearance, causing it to be put off. Today, Mr. Spivey did not show up for court. He sent a female who my son had never seen, who basically forced him to plead guilty to several misdemeanors, and tried to make him feel lucky it wasn't a "felony". Any $1000.00 attorney could have done what he did. As I said, Mr. Spivey is a GOOD salesman, nothing more. Be very aware of this when you hear how great he is.
Its amazing criminals think they should get off. The truth is he was guilty. Spivey nor any other lawyer can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit!
daisey if you do

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Benz Boy wrote:
You couldn't have a drink with Rick....he hasn't had a drink in over 10 years.
NO cuz he's a coke head dumbasses.
daisy if you do

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No money does NOT buy everything, but in Rick's case it does. He and his wife Diane, got a good thing going in such a small I'll scratch your back if you'll scratch mine kinda dirty little town. She's DA and put's you in jail and he'll keep you out, for a high price. Hell he's a fill in judge to, what a joke. most of his caes are settled befor you even go in the court room. He's smart and dirty,,,oh wait yeah he's the perfect lawyer and judge....believe me he's hurt more then helped.....I lived there for 30 yrs. ha! Yes He still gets his cocaine from the local law....who gets it from the local motorcycle gang, or Boyce Baker who has ties to much other interest...guns, any kind of drug yo want..all in it togather. Hell at 16 I got my first joint from a cop in colonial heights...kiss this Kpt.
Wazzup

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

daisey you are an idiot...his wife is not a DA and her name isn't Diane. You say you lived here for 30 years....well thank God you're gone. STUPID

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Kingsport Forum right now

Search the Kingsport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 10 min dungfool 138,994
Times newspaper 1 hr CPA 2
Jehovah's Witnesses meet in Knoxville 2 hr UNchained 12
Chasity Huffman 2 hr DB Grad 1
Chasity 2 hr DB Grad 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr TN Voter 8,873
Best Place To Buy Mulch 5 hr danny boy 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kingsport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kingsport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kingsport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kingsport
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••