First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Miss informed

United States

#1 Aug 3, 2012
Who does not believe the stories in the bible? And those who do why do you believe them?
Liberty University

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Aug 4, 2012
Go online and looked at how most of the apostles died. They had every opportunity to recent what they had learned and the miracles that they saw, but they would not. Peter, who 3 times denied Christ, would not shut up about Christ even after the threat of being crucified. On the day of his death, they asked for his last request (still practiced today) his final request was to be hung upside down on the cross because he felt unfit to die in the same manner as Christ.......be sure of this.....whether I believe the stories in the bible or not? It sure appears that they did...don't you thinK?

There's undisputed evidence that thenperes been a great flood. Now there's the icecaps. Yes, I believe the new Testamnet entirely.
Miss informed

Knoxville, TN

#3 Aug 5, 2012
Thanks for an intelligent response. A question that arises is related to the time lapse between when that happened and was documented. My understanding has it being hundreds of years or more before the written account and it was not by eye witnesses. What validates the truth of that when presumably no one that was actually there wrote of it ? It seems like the writings are from non eyewitness accounts entirely. And if not offended by this question what is your education in and current occupation? Thanks!
Blank

Big Stone Gap, VA

#4 Aug 6, 2012
Liberty University wrote:
Go online and looked at how most of the apostles died. They had every opportunity to recent what they had learned and the miracles that they saw, but they would not. Peter, who 3 times denied Christ, would not shut up about Christ even after the threat of being crucified. On the day of his death, they asked for his last request (still practiced today) his final request was to be hung upside down on the cross because he felt unfit to die in the same manner as Christ.......be sure of this.....whether I believe the stories in the bible or not? It sure appears that they did...don't you thinK?
There's undisputed evidence that thenperes been a great flood. Now there's the icecaps. Yes, I believe the new Testamnet entirely.
But...you do know that the apsotles themselves did not write their accounts right? They were written many many mnay years later by unknown authors! And before i get slammed, i AM a spiritual person (a Unitarian)!
Liberty University

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Aug 6, 2012
Dont let the screen name fool you. I'm am totally opposed to Liberty U. I think that they are total HYPOCRITS and Christ warned about them many times. By education i am an engineer....let me explain something that I think will answer the question you are asking. For some reason, Faith is an absolute requirement when considering God. It doesn't even have to be perfect faith, because there is none. Christ used "The Doubting Thomas" one of his disciples o show that even a doubter with a touch of faith can be saved. Thomas had doubts the entire time and Christ made allowances for his doubting too. Once asked by the Leaders Of Liberty Univercities of old (the Pharisees) they said, "Hey Christ, why do you travel with these men to serve as witnesses?" and he answered. "Why would I want to witness myself." the ONLY words that Christ himself ever wrote were the words that he wrote in the sand when the Liberty Universities were challenging him to stone the woman adulterer. Even then, He made sure that those words were not recorded. Christ did not want to write a single word. He needed MAN to witness it and write it down. And even then, He had a generation or two pass before they were written down again. That ADDS validity, NOT TAKES it away. Let me expound. If you read matthew, mark, Luke and john , they parallel each other like nothing else. Almost verse for verse. You'd swear the same person wrote them because of the chronology of them. But no, these books were not even written by the exact men that were there. But years later, miles apart and by different men. DO YOU SEE???? Matthew and Mark and John all tell of the arrest of Jesus. The first two gospels say that a disciple cut off the ear of a centurions servant. They don't name the disciple. Probably protecting him..but John gives the exact same account but he goes ahead and says "IT WAS PETER" who wacked the ear off....I wonder if you are aware that PAUL wrote 2/3 of the new testament and he didn't meet Christ until AFTER Christ was dead. Not during his life. Paul worked for Rome and his job was literally to KILL CHRISTIANS... And Christ (who had been dead some 52 years) appeared to Paul in a blinding light and TOTSLLY CHANGED HIM INSTANTLY....Paul never turned back.. He went to rome and shouted about his experience and he would not shut up no matter what they did to him. He went from a Liberty University Pharisees Idiot to a real life Christian overnight and served Christ to the VERY VERY end. Ive been around for a while. If a person, any person, will take up a bible open-mindedly, pray to a God that they might even doubt, to let them understand what they are reading, find a good Methodist or Presbyterian bible study class and set aside 9 months to study and understand. I am completely convinced that that person will be changed forever. If she will practice just even a doubting faith, but still move forward (like Thomas) they will not fail..... But don't fall into the wrong crowd. Right now, the church is lost. They have begun to hate and draw battle lines. They think their morals are superior. They hunt for gays or drunkards or whatever to oppose instead of to convert. Know why? Because they are lost. They don't know Christ. Even liberty university is going to vote against Obama (a Christian) and vote For a man who thinks God lives on a planet named Kobol and that the Garden Of Eden is in Missouri.....liberty university is the Pharisees of old.....when you read the new testament and saw how Christ felt about Liberty U and people like that. You'll understand. I promise you will.....I guarantee that you will...I'm absolutely 100% percent sure...you cannot fail....look, I'm a 53 year old single man. I've chosen to be single and I keep things simple. There's no need for confusion in this world. There are simple solutions to most everything. Mankind is terminal and hopeless. The world is both doomed and blessed at the same time. Im out of space t write
Miss informed

Stanfield, NC

#6 Aug 7, 2012
Liberty, that once again is all your opinion absolutely no facts there. You really don't know what any of those people actually said - those accounts are not from eye witnesses. Only one persons opinion is what is fact in your statement. Bible is all here say as are those quotes and stories. An engineer should surely know that. You do not have a convincing reply at all. As most do you just seem to believe cause of what you heard and have been told to believe. Not because of any facts at all. Sure you're an engineer? Community college I presume.
God exists

Church Hill, VA

#7 Aug 8, 2012
I have often wondered how the bible was written and how they could quote God's words and Christ's words, many years after Christ was crucified. Let me go on record that I am a firm believer in God. Also I think what Liberty said was very intelligent. I totally agree with what he said.
Miss informed

Stanfield, NC

#8 Aug 9, 2012
I bet liberty has never read or studied about how his god treats the majority of populace in the eastern hemisphere. Wow wasting a life waiting for an afterlife not getting married because of god ? Sounds like a formula for life long disappointment and a real cop- out...'This life does not matter' I believe that to be an excuse god people use to keep from having to try at anything. The whole religion system is aimed getting money through guilt. The world is doomed but due to natural occurrence from greed, overpopulation, climate change from melting icecaps. All true FACTS. Stupid bible says fire but all scientists know we have another ice age coming. But wait some delusional hermit better knows our future than generations of bright individuals who have studied the science behind our existence. I'm outta here these southeastern hills bible belters have it all figured out. I 'guarantee' there's no magic bearded Caucasian hippie in the sky. The dumber a person is the more they say god all the time. Thats another fact
wow

Church Hill, VA

#9 Aug 9, 2012
Sorry you feel that way. I guess you have it all figured out as well. Just for the record, I am married with children and have a college education. I've heard all the scientists theories on how the universe evolved and I've read the bible. It's hard to swallow that everything evolved from the "big bang theory", and we came from monkeys. I don't fully understand the bible but really who does. But I believe there is a God. It makes more since than what scientists are telling us. I don't have all the answers but I can just look around and see all things living, and think to myself, how can there not be a God. I don't agree with the image of Christ. There are paintings of him with long hair and a beard. I guess that is the image the bible presents, but who knows really what he looks like. Just because you believe in God doesn't make you less intelligent. That is not a fact but your opinion. But your name says that already "misinformed".
Miss informed

Mooresville, NC

#10 Aug 10, 2012
Wow big surprise not one fact ! I am well aware belief in god does not make you dumb and it is turning my words around saying it that way. I said this is the poorly educated part of the USA thus the bible belt... You have to be not real smart first then believe in a magic Caucasian man in the sky who causes not to mention plans all disasters.Then pray to the magic Caucasian man to help you with all the stuff he's destroyed. Perfect sense why should no one believe in that fictional character ? Intelligent comments anyone ?
Really?

Johnson City, TN

#11 Aug 10, 2012
no
jo bil walton

Gate City, VA

#12 Aug 10, 2012
Miss informed wrote:
I bet liberty has never read or studied about how his god treats the majority of populace in the eastern hemisphere. Wow wasting a life waiting for an afterlife not getting married because of god ? Sounds like a formula for life long disappointment and a real cop- out...'This life does not matter' I believe that to be an excuse god people use to keep from having to try at anything. The whole religion system is aimed getting money through guilt. The world is doomed but due to natural occurrence from greed, overpopulation, climate change from melting icecaps. All true FACTS. Stupid bible says fire but all scientists know we have another ice age coming. But wait some delusional hermit better knows our future than generations of bright individuals who have studied the science behind our existence. I'm outta here these southeastern hills bible belters have it all figured out. I 'guarantee' there's no magic bearded Caucasian hippie in the sky. The dumber a person is the more they say god all the time. Thats another fact
HEY NUT, I just thought Ide give you a heads up on whats next for you!! When you die, you are going straight to hell for what you are saying here. I mean if you dont want to believe thats fine, but to make fun of a religion that millions or perhaps billions of people on this planet believe in and to make fun of GOD and JESUS that all these people worship is just downrite hate. I mean im sure you are the kind who defends gay rights, race mixing, and about every kind of lewd act one can think of but you hate GOD and those who worship him ,so much. Its just a downrite mean and hateful thing to try and make those who believe in GOD feel like you want them to. As I said before, its no skin off my azz if you dont believe and you end up in hell for eternity, so hows it any skin off your azz if these people want to worship GOD? Cristianity in this nation and around the world, if you look at the christians as a whole they are the most peaceful, content, loving religion on earth. Some of the other religions tell their followers that its ok and are even encouraged by their gods and followers to kill non believers and make war against them, the christians. Anyone who practices cristianity and believes it and lives it WILL be a better person for doing so, so whats wrong with it. Leave them alone. If you dont believe, hey this is America. You dont have to believe. But stop bashing those who do believe.
Miss informed

Shelby, NC

#13 Aug 11, 2012
A perfect example of a local christian. It's not people I am bashing it's the sheeplike following of a bunch of fiction with no facts at all. Jo, You are very lucky to get to be the one who prescribes condemnation and asswhippings charged to gods account. Evidently bible belters have permission to hate as necessary to do gods job. did your god make those bad people you described? So far not an intelligent response, reinforcing my theory considerably.
jo bil walton

Gate City, VA

#14 Aug 12, 2012
Miss informed wrote:
A perfect example of a local christian. It's not people I am bashing it's the sheeplike following of a bunch of fiction with no facts at all. Jo, You are very lucky to get to be the one who prescribes condemnation and asswhippings charged to gods account. Evidently bible belters have permission to hate as necessary to do gods job. did your god make those bad people you described? So far not an intelligent response, reinforcing my theory considerably.
Never said anywhere that I am a christian there dude. Dont blame the christian people for what I say. Im not a true christian so I can and will prescribe just about what-the-hell ever I wish and I wont be a hypocrite for it, Ill just be a sinner. GOD forgives sinners, you know? My GOD made everyone , some of which chose to be that way just as you chose to bash the believers of GOD and his worshipers, and Blasphemy GODS name. See, its a choice. So far not an intelligent response??? SO FAR NOT AN INTELLIGENT QUESTION I think!!!
Miss informed

United States

#15 Aug 12, 2012
Yes or no would be a normal response, I think. Not name calling and a pointless rant, which you started yourself. Yes, you're just too smart for me! Probably a Harvard man.
jo bil walton

Gate City, VA

#16 Aug 12, 2012
YES I DO BELIEVE. YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES Touched a nerve there didnt I ? Name calling??? Pointless rant??? I think not. The point was, why do you feel the need to bash GOD and his follower? If you dont wish to believe then dont f!!king believe, but dont f!!k with those who do believe. USF all the way dude!!! OH AND my occupation, Im a carrer military person. You know, a GI-F!!KIN-JOE. Dont f!!k with me dude. YES I DO BELIEVE. YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES-I DO BELIEVE, GET IT NOW?
wow

Church Hill, VA

#17 Aug 13, 2012
You are wanting facts "Misinformed". What facts do you have that he does not exist? Next time you spend some money on whatever, read on that $1 bill that says "IN GOD WE TRUST". Our nation was founded on that and if you have a problem with that, then maybe you should get out of our country. Oh and thank you jo bil walton for serving in our country.
lynn

United States

#18 Sep 1, 2012
Go to higher ground and let Rachel give you her idea of god. Maybe her and her husband and her boyfriend can all three.explain it for everybody.
So Typical

Johnson City, TN

#19 Sep 1, 2012
wow wrote:
You are wanting facts "Misinformed". What facts do you have that he does not exist? Next time you spend some money on whatever, read on that $1 bill that says "IN GOD WE TRUST". Our nation was founded on that and if you have a problem with that, then maybe you should get out of our country. Oh and thank you jo bil walton for serving in our country.
If you are gonna post anything, please look up the accuracy & validity of your post. When did "IN GOD WE TRUST" start showing up on currency? Post Civil War, late 1800's. Also, does it state: IN CHRISTIAN GOD WE TRUST? No, then your argument is totally invalid as 95% of religions believe in a GOD & your narcissitic response is disgusting at best. Please look up the religious beliefs of our founding fathers & tell me again that this is a Christian Nation. Go to Washington & find Thomas Jefferson's Bible on display (you know, the one he completely cut up & only used the useful parts as a foundation for living a moral life). He left all of the Religion out of his Bible & only used the good deads & words toward mankind to grant himself humility when dealing with others. A lot of our founding fathers were non-believers in Christ, & it is ridiculous to think that others do not think of their own personal GOD when they hear the words "One Nation Under GOD". Again, does not state "One Nation under Christian GOD". Maybe you should get out of this Country as it was founded under Freedom of Religion! Also, did you not catch what the Conservative Republican Presidential nominee made a point of stating in his RNC conclusion to his speech? Romney stated, "I will guarantee this Nation to remain in its beliefs, as it always has, to be a Nation that has total Freedom of Religion". Let us not forget that Paul Ryan is totally influenced by Ayn Rand, who was a very famous Atheist.
WifeBeater

Jonesborough, TN

#20 Sep 1, 2012
Miss informed wrote:
Liberty, that once again is all your opinion absolutely no facts there. You really don't know what any of those people actually said - those accounts are not from eye witnesses. Only one persons opinion is what is fact in your statement. Bible is all here say as are those quotes and stories. An engineer should surely know that. You do not have a convincing reply at all. As most do you just seem to believe cause of what you heard and have been told to believe. Not because of any facts at all. Sure you're an engineer? Community college I presume.
Well, I don't find it necessary I insult you, nor your education level just because I have a slightly different opinion. It's not even an opposing view. So why would you? Is it that sensitive of a subject ? I'm an engineer. Should I be sorry for that? If that's the case, then I'm sorry that offends you. Georgia Tech, thanks.

Now for every discovery and every bit of science that makes it to my understanding, it leaves me even more in awe of God. If I were to think that all this stuff happened by itself, I would be a fool, nothing more. Einstein felt the same way. I know. I'm no Einstein. Community college indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Thomas Lepsch?? 37 min hulette 5
Trump/Hitler similiarities 59 min Evangelical 8
Kelvin davis 3 hr Yessuh 10
Halsam gas tax 3 hr jan michael vincent 3
Eastman yard sale 3 hr jan michael vincent 5
getting bored with topix Thu conrad lyle brigh... 2
Bigfoot real or fake? Thu conrad lyle brigh... 14

Kingsport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingsport Mortgages