New Kingsport Business or Restaurant
Daniel D

Jonesborough, TN

#21 Aug 1, 2012
Zeke wrote:
<quoted text>
very interesting!
so our area is at least "known" by Red Robin... maybe they will eventually be here, but like you, i won't hold my breath.
as for verizon they are ridiculous having a store about every quarter mile, they are overdoing it. i was really angry when they bought the petros chips and chili spot in the johnson city mall. i had heard a few people complain about petros, but i never had an issue with their food, enjoyed it in fact.
its really silly to have a non-food place in a food court (but i think there is "lids" (the hat store) in that food court too.
i would suspect that ozzys gyros in the FH mall will be gone by october. never had a major problem with their food, but the management is really sloppy. they have errors in their menu, and they have removed drinks from their combos (they used to offer huge drinks with any combo free, but not anymore). they also try to nickel and dime everything to death (like they are charging more than they used to for Baba ghanoush. their cuisine is very tasty, but their management skills are going to cause their downfall.
i was told last night that cootie brown's used to be in kingsport, then olive garden took the spot. that is a shame, because i like cootie brown's in johnson city, and think they should expand.
I'd say that Verizon store is likely Cellular Sales. The kingsport Verizon store moved to the pavilion years ago as they needed a new building. We do have a Verizon labeled store in the mall and in colonial heights as well but those two locations are not corporate stores, they are an authorized reseller named Cellular Sales. They do nothing but resell Verizon services and while a large reseller they aren't controlled by Verizon in any sense.
miss_it

Johnson City, TN

#22 Aug 1, 2012
Zeke wrote:
<quoted text>
very interesting!
so our area is at least "known" by Red Robin... maybe they will eventually be here, but like you, i won't hold my breath.
as for verizon they are ridiculous having a store about every quarter mile, they are overdoing it. i was really angry when they bought the petros chips and chili spot in the johnson city mall. i had heard a few people complain about petros, but i never had an issue with their food, enjoyed it in fact.
its really silly to have a non-food place in a food court (but i think there is "lids" (the hat store) in that food court too.
i would suspect that ozzys gyros in the FH mall will be gone by october. never had a major problem with their food, but the management is really sloppy. they have errors in their menu, and they have removed drinks from their combos (they used to offer huge drinks with any combo free, but not anymore). they also try to nickel and dime everything to death (like they are charging more than they used to for Baba ghanoush. their cuisine is very tasty, but their management skills are going to cause their downfall.
i was told last night that cootie brown's used to be in kingsport, then olive garden took the spot. that is a shame, because i like cootie brown's in johnson city, and think they should expand.
Cootie Brown's was great! Loved the food!! The best Jerk Chicken Sandwich!!! Hate Olive Garden!!
Zeke

Jonesborough, TN

#23 Aug 2, 2012
miss_it wrote:
<quoted text>Cootie Brown's was great! Loved the food!! The best Jerk Chicken Sandwich!!! Hate Olive Garden!!
ive not tried that but i probably would like it, i have had the buffalo wild wings caribbean jerk boneless wings though they are so good =)
Cougar2011

Kingsport, TN

#24 Aug 2, 2012
Cootie Brown's was wrongfully removed from their lease to make room for Olive Garden when it could have been built in a hundred other pieces of property.
Their Kingsport location was supposed to be a test store to grow the restaurant as a franchise but that never developed past the economy crash. I love Cootie's and hope they still reopen in Kingsport like originally announced
WeeeeeeAhhhhhh

Johnson City, TN

#26 Aug 2, 2012
Again:
Most of the decent residents of KPort travel over to JCity during the week/weekends for dining out, shopping, entertainemt, etc.

JCity always the Bride; KPort always the Bridesmaid.
That's just the way it is, always will be.

Kport never could catch up to JCity. That's the bottom line.
blondie

United States

#27 Aug 3, 2012
Chipolte
Miss informed

Clover, SC

#28 Aug 4, 2012
Cootie browns was awful. It's like they were trying to go out of business !
Zeke

Jonesborough, TN

#29 Aug 4, 2012
does anyone remember schlotzskys deli, im not sure if they were ever in KPT, but they were in JC. they had great jalapeno turkey pizzas. some of their sub sandwiches were pretty good too. maybe they will come back here someday.
Zeke

Jonesborough, TN

#30 Aug 4, 2012
while driving by earlier, i saw that there IS going to be an Asian grocery store in the old cats campact discs store slot (that was some movie place afterwards). the Asian grocery store even has the sign up. not sure when they will be open to the public, but i am guessing sometime this month.

for those not sure where it is, it's near Pals, Foxy Pizza, not far from Greenwood Motel, etc.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31 Aug 8, 2012
I wish a skyline chili would open somewhere in the tricities
new grocery

Johnson City, TN

#32 Aug 13, 2012
According to a job ad, there is a new retail grocery store coming to Kingsport
Nick

Johnson City, TN

#33 Aug 13, 2012
yeah i see that in sundays paper.Im thinking that is going to be for the new IGA store Priceless food . they are conveting the current IGA on south john b dennis to the new store format. Thy done this a couple of months ago in Johnson City.
Hearda

United States

#34 Aug 23, 2012
Is it a "Trader Joe's" grocery store
Nick

Johnson City, TN

#35 Aug 24, 2012
If it was something that had to be built or at least remodeled you would have heard about the permit for it before they start hiring fort it. So i dont anticipate this to be anything new.
Les

Ringgold, GA

#36 Aug 25, 2012
I never eat out. Ever. I'm too poor. Something you business owners pounding your drums up here already know.
News

Ooltewah, TN

#37 Aug 26, 2012
Cracker Barrell Kingsport @ exit 4

Location hidden

#38 Aug 26, 2012
Really? I want proof!
Development

Cleveland, TN

#39 Aug 26, 2012
Fall branch direction or Eastman? Good timing with the welcome center. The meadow view gateway is going to make it interesting if they fall within that area.

Location hidden

#40 Aug 26, 2012
I'm thinking they may put some stuff across from the welcome center like a strip mall

Location hidden

#41 Aug 26, 2012
A piggly wiggly would be nice! We used to have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wondering 6 hr night owl 2
tight foreskin 17 hr Yodle 7
Lisa Morrison POS snitch liar for the POS law e... 21 hr Rik mak 2
Boyd Holder (May '17) Wed Nomis 27
Kim Wed Bob 1
soixant neuf Wed Bob 4
Amber McCall Wed Bull ride 24

Kingsport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance