How to make Kingsport a better place

How to make Kingsport a better place

Posted in the Kingsport Forum

Eastman Pride

Kingsport, TN

#1 May 8, 2013
I have a very good job at The Eastman. A VERY good job. For my work there, I receive a handsome salary. However, what I do there is frankly NONE of your business. All you need to know about me is that my Eastman colleagues and I PAY a hefty burden of taxes. In fact, we pay the BULK of taxes around this town. For that reason, a lot of us Eastmaners would like to take a moment to address some local issues we deem to be of importance to US. Firstly, we would appreciate it if you NELYs (that's what we call you: Non-Eastman Local Yokel) would attempt to behave in a more sophisticated manner when you go out in public. I know many of you NELYs went through the Sullivan County School System or were born and raised in Scott County, but that's no excuse for you to act like herd of common boors. You NELYs should strive to show some class and manners whilst in restaurants, movie theaters, and shopping centers. Show some common courtesy whilst motoring about the Model City. Also, please, please, please try to be better at your NELY support jobs and give better customer service and attention. And, finally, of UTMOST importance, you NELYs need to show some appreciation and proper respect to the local ruling establishment, i.e., Pal's Fast Foods, The Kingsport Times-News, The Kingsport Board of Education, The Kingsport Board of Mayor and Aldermen, The Sullivan County Mayor, Tennessee House of Representatives, 2nd District Representative Tony Shipley, The Employees, Management, and Stockholders of Eastman Chemical Company, and The Reverend Phil Hoskins.

NELYs, if we all WORK together, WE can make Kingsport a BETTER place to live. God bless and have a wonderful day!
nascar fan

Kingsport, TN

#2 May 8, 2013
ur full off it
shebazz

Campobello, SC

#3 May 8, 2013
I agree with you. Ill try harder from now on.
ruling establishment

Nashville, TN

#4 May 8, 2013
if this doesnt show you whats wrong with kpt. you have to be blind.
aside from property taxes i would think you pay more FEDERAL taxes but pay the same tax rate on purchases.

the history of kingsport is that it was selected to make a "model city" the landscape was on the river and this was that main mode of shipping along with the railroads.

the people were "hillbillies" no disrespect intended. its just the culture was a rural mountain people type who worked agriculture, coal mines, lots of cash under the table jobs, etc.

the model city came in and couldnt change the populace. it still hasnt. then when jobs were outsourced to toher countries and to places closer to metropolitan areas with more interstate access, KPT died out some like alot towns.

so, now you have to listen to this big fish in a little pond tell you how it is and who the ruling establishment is.

interesting.......

could this be real?
Eastman Pride wrote:
I have a very good job at The Eastman. A VERY good job. For my work there, I receive a handsome salary. However, what I do there is frankly NONE of your business. All you need to know about me is that my Eastman colleagues and I PAY a hefty burden of taxes. In fact, we pay the BULK of taxes around this town. For that reason, a lot of us Eastmaners would like to take a moment to address some local issues we deem to be of importance to US. Firstly, we would appreciate it if you NELYs (that's what we call you: Non-Eastman Local Yokel) would attempt to behave in a more sophisticated manner when you go out in public. I know many of you NELYs went through the Sullivan County School System or were born and raised in Scott County, but that's no excuse for you to act like herd of common boors. You NELYs should strive to show some class and manners whilst in restaurants, movie theaters, and shopping centers. Show some common courtesy whilst motoring about the Model City. Also, please, please, please try to be better at your NELY support jobs and give better customer service and attention. And, finally, of UTMOST importance, you NELYs need to show some appreciation and proper respect to the local ruling establishment, i.e., Pal's Fast Foods, The Kingsport Times-News, The Kingsport Board of Education, The Kingsport Board of Mayor and Aldermen, The Sullivan County Mayor, Tennessee House of Representatives, 2nd District Representative Tony Shipley, The Employees, Management, and Stockholders of Eastman Chemical Company, and The Reverend Phil Hoskins.
NELYs, if we all WORK together, WE can make Kingsport a BETTER place to live. God bless and have a wonderful day!
talbert

Kingsport, TN

#5 May 8, 2013
ruling establishment wrote:
if this doesnt show you whats wrong with kpt. you have to be blind.
aside from property taxes i would think you pay more FEDERAL taxes but pay the same tax rate on purchases.
the history of kingsport is that it was selected to make a "model city" the landscape was on the river and this was that main mode of shipping along with the railroads.
the people were "hillbillies" no disrespect intended. its just the culture was a rural mountain people type who worked agriculture, coal mines, lots of cash under the table jobs, etc.
the model city came in and couldnt change the populace. it still hasnt. then when jobs were outsourced to toher countries and to places closer to metropolitan areas with more interstate access, KPT died out some like alot towns.
so, now you have to listen to this big fish in a little pond tell you how it is and who the ruling establishment is.
interesting.......
could this be real?
<quoted text>
who you calling a hillbilly, johnson city turd?
Goddmann

Greenville, SC

#7 May 9, 2013
Hell let Eastman run the town the people in office here have been ruining Kingsport for 30 years. A monkey could do better than the arrogant self serving politicians around here. Kingsport is always going to be worst of the tri cities and most of the locals think they're better than others- typical. This town sux ass and probably will for a long time
gate city grad

Kingsport, TN

#8 May 9, 2013
y'all bunch a smartass's and noone care what u think
GED

Knoxville, TN

#9 May 9, 2013
gate city grad wrote:
y'all bunch a smartass's and noone care what u think
Please allow me to translate.
You guys are a bunch of smart asses and nobody cares what you think.
gate city grad

Kingsport, TN

#10 May 9, 2013
GED wrote:
<quoted text>Please allow me to translate.
You guys are a bunch of smart asses and nobody cares what you think.
Won't u blow me
GED

Knoxville, TN

#11 May 9, 2013
gate city grad wrote:
<quoted text>
Won't u blow me
I don't want to take your momma's job !!! Lmao

Since: May 13

United States

#12 May 9, 2013
Unfortunately, the number of Eastman employees in Kingsport are decreasing just as the population of Kingsport is.
ruling establishment

Nashville, TN

#13 May 9, 2013
when you suggest im a turd from johnson city it kinda shows you being a tad ignorant. for one my location is clearly posted. and for another if you fear and loathe johnson citians well thats just such a small town mentality.

try broadening your horizons some. i said no disrespect intended. hillbillies can be an honest characterization of the folks who always lived there. you dont have to take it wrong. i didnt say anything disparaging.

so, if you arent a hillbilly, what are you? a rocket scientist?

i didnt think so.

there was a point about the changes to kingsport forced upon the locals by big business. and like most places the impact of the ever changing tide of business has you guys in a lurch.

now back to the point, was this Eastman guy real or just starting something?

and you can go back to hatin on j.c. for whatever purpose that serves.
talbert wrote:
<quoted text>
who you calling a hillbilly, johnson city turd?
ruling establishment

Nashville, TN

#14 May 9, 2013
my apologies the location is saying im from jc and it never done that before.hmmm. dont knw why cuz im in nashville.
people live under bridges

Gate City, VA

#15 May 9, 2013
HOW to make kpt a better place? We gotta have some more of those cool f!!king roundy-bouts, how original. WOW. Love to get on one and go for miles, just like Nascar, its all left turns. More roundy-bouts, yes yes yes! lol Lets build More churches too! Does anyone know the number of churches in kpt? It must be in the thousands, like 1 church per 3 kpt residents or something, I don't know. "I love GOD", Just saying a lot of churches in kpt already. Why not turn some of them into housing for the the homeless? Just a thought, I think JESUS would like that very much. AND How about letting center st really be the CENTER. Yea ,that's it. Everything on the Eastman side is Eastman, everything on the other side is Holston valley. Yea, no more east/west BS, Just Eastman/Holston valley. Oh, I forgot, that's how it is now isn't it?
Eastman Pride

Kingsport, TN

#16 May 9, 2013
A repugnant comment FROM a Nickelsville person (Nickelsville, which IS in Scott County, by the way). Though YOU are a common boor, you did accidentally make ONE valid point. In my original posting, I inadvertently omitted Wellmont Holston Valley from the listing of the entities of the ruling establishment of our fair city. I truly REGRET the omission. All of you NELYs out there are hereby asked to show appreciation and to demonstrate proper RESPECT towards Wellmont Holston Valley and its myriad auxiliaries. In addition, Holston Medical Group ALSO belongs on the Kingsport ruling establishment list along side EASTMAN and others entities previously mentioned.

Nevertheless, YOUR disrespectful commentary towards the churches of Kingsport is MOST unwelcome! The churches are HERE for a NOBLE purpose, a purpose which evidently ESCAPES you. Did you even stop to CONSIDER the IMPACT of your harsh, irreverent words? A member of the fold or even Rev. Hoskins COULD have been OFFENDED. And for WHAT? Some boor's dubious unfunny comments. YOU should be ASHAMED, and, If you continue, you should be SHUNNED!
people live under bridges

Gate City, VA

#17 May 10, 2013
Wow that's impressive, you work at eastman. Congrads! Yea Im an Astronaut myself ,I guess you make more money at eastman but I like being an Astronaut better because of the view from above. LMFAO Whew! That's a good one! Look dipsh!t, If you worked at eastman you sure as he!! wouldn't feel the need to be on topix trying to convince people of it. Lets face it dude, most everyone on topix is in the same boat, if anyone posting on here had a F!!KING LIFE they wouldn't be posting on here, now would they? You seem a little up tight though, I think you should go for a drive in the mountains of Scott Co this weekend and visit with your relatives. lol lol
Richer than Eastman plebs

Cleveland, TN

#18 May 11, 2013
As someone who doesn't work at Eastman yet has a HIGHER six digit income than most of the Eastman execs, and far easier job to boot, I'm glad you SLAVES work here so that I have some semi-nice places to spend my monies.

After your kind die and are gone from the various forms of cancer from working at ground zero, I will still be here spending my monies and enjoying life. See, I life far enough enough on the outskirts of Kingsport to not be significantly impacted from the various pollutions, yet you have to wake up every day and drive into the heart of that beast. I don't envy you at all, but I am glad you do it, because someone has to. Without your selfless dedication I would have to move away to still enjoy life.

So thank you mister noble Eastman employee.
richer

Kingsport, TN

#19 May 11, 2013
only trash says 'rich' for wealthy you are a fake. if you have money you inherited it. im calling you out on that comment on the basis of diction
Sun Lover

Kingsport, TN

#20 May 12, 2013
Eastman Pride wrote:
A repugnant comment FROM a Nickelsville person (Nickelsville, which IS in Scott County, by the way). Though YOU are a common boor, you did accidentally make ONE valid point. In my original posting, I inadvertently omitted Wellmont Holston Valley from the listing of the entities of the ruling establishment of our fair city. I truly REGRET the omission. All of you NELYs out there are hereby asked to show appreciation and to demonstrate proper RESPECT towards Wellmont Holston Valley and its myriad auxiliaries. In addition, Holston Medical Group ALSO belongs on the Kingsport ruling establishment list along side EASTMAN and others entities previously mentioned.
Nevertheless, YOUR disrespectful commentary towards the churches of Kingsport is MOST unwelcome! The churches are HERE for a NOBLE purpose, a purpose which evidently ESCAPES you. Did you even stop to CONSIDER the IMPACT of your harsh, irreverent words? A member of the fold or even Rev. Hoskins COULD have been OFFENDED. And for WHAT? Some boor's dubious unfunny comments. YOU should be ASHAMED, and, If you continue, you should be SHUNNED!

Pull the stick out please. I think you have blown long enough....how about you suck for awhile?? hmmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
!!after some thought!! 10 min Flared Nostrils 5
ACT-anybody work there from here? 2 hr Tosh 1
Naming Kids After Cars 22 hr Family kin 7
Bill McConnell's Paint Jobs ?!? (Feb '09) Sat Elizabeth partridge 86
Sum Dum Chik Fri TikTok 5
Joleen Ward Kingsport TN POS snitch Fri Mark Lee Hartley 2
Larry Powell/The Farm (Aug '17) Fri Derty 31

Kingsport Jobs

Personal Finance

Kingsport Mortgages