Any one experience Sandra Spivey the ...
agree

Chatsworth, GA

#21 Oct 16, 2012
Understanding wrote:
Actually, she doesn't represent you, she represents the State of Tennessee.
i agree. so, if that's the case, then the non-custodial parent shouldn't be made to show up. they can just ask the state of TN to sit beside her. really, there is no point in them being there anyway.
agree

Chatsworth, GA

#22 Oct 16, 2012
correction...i meant custodial parent.
Some Dude

Kingsport, TN

#23 Oct 22, 2012
I don't know her at all, but apparrently she is married to Rick Spivey who seems to be a bit better known in the area.
http://www.sullivancountyda.com/page3.php
Bump Bump

Kingsport, TN

#24 Oct 31, 2012
Bumpity Bump Bump
Out of state Mama

Covington, GA

#25 Nov 7, 2012
I am required to go through the state to collect child support not because I am on any sort of state assistance, but because my ex is abusive and there is a standing Order of Protection.

You are NOT her client, she is representing the state. She is an Assistant District Attorney. YOU don't pay her to represent you at all. However, if you present her with relevant information within a reasonable time, she does take that into account and use it. Don't try to give her your reasons at the table in the courtroom. It's neither the time nor the place, and she doesn't have time to verify anything you tell her at that point.

Ms. Spivey is sharp tongued. If you've been there, you've seen the sort of people she has to deal with. It looks like someone shook the trailer park and what came out landed in that courtroom. Almost everyone there, on BOTH sides, are sorry individuals. But, she does her job, does it well, and speaks nothing but the truth to people there. She keeps her job because she is effective. She shows respect where it is due, and contempt where contempt is due. If you are on here complaining, you may want to look at your own behavior and attitude.
Wazzup

Kingsport, TN

#26 Nov 7, 2012
Very well said. I've known Rick, Sandy and Matt and have nothing but good things to say about them. With that being said, Sandy will do her job as an officer of the court and will never sugar coat anything.
Nancy Drew

Bristol, TN

#28 Feb 10, 2013
I have had to deal with Ms Spivey on numerous occasions. I do not agree with her methods in the courtroom, or the friendship between her and the judge , but to the plantiffs... She is not your lawyer. She is an Attorney for the State, not for any individual. You have her to go on your behalf in the court because you either now, or have at some point, gotten government assistance.. Food stamps, AFDC, or something else. She is there to get the State back their money. Period. That is why she doesn't have to have a heart to do her job.
oh no
#29 Feb 12, 2013
she sucks shes a bitch and is sexist aginst wemen i went to jail 3 times and have 4 children in my care but on the other hand my 4 childrens father has never been put in jail and doesnt have to pay as near as much as i had to for my one child she is not fair in cout and never done me any good to get child support from there dad
Wazzup

Kingsport, TN

#30 Feb 12, 2013
oh no...I was going to blast you but what is the use?
Tired of it

Johnson City, TN

#31 Mar 25, 2014
Karma WILL catch up with Spivey!! I hope I have a front row seat!
kim kardashian

Hillsville, VA

#32 Mar 26, 2014
stop being a bum ! take care of your kids ! pay your child support im tired of my tax dollars going to your snot nosed brats!
kim kardashian

Hillsville, VA

#33 Mar 26, 2014
oh no wrote:
she sucks shes a bitch and is sexist aginst wemen i went to jail 3 times and have 4 children in my care but on the other hand my 4 childrens father has never been put in jail and doesnt have to pay as near as much as i had to for my one child she is not fair in cout and never done me any good to get child support from there dad
you must be a real piece of trash to have been in jail 4 times , pure trailer trash , you should have had abortions , but no , you wanted the welfare checks! to bad your mother did not abort you! trailer trash garbage!
kim kardashian

Kingsport, TN

#34 Mar 26, 2014
on the other hand, i am just like her.
KarmaRocks3x1

Kingsport, TN

#37 Oct 28, 2015
Understanding wrote:
Actually, she doesn't represent you, she represents the State of Tennessee.
And if anyone other than the judge (her sidekick) and the unfortunate people who have to deal with her; would see how she acts (like she absolutely hates life & everyone in it)in court, maybe there would be some changes to who handles these cases. She has been in this position as "Child Support Attorney General" for at least 15 years.(My 1st run-in w/her was about 15 yrs ago)Does she just get to keep the job for life or what?!? I came into court recently with my total case paid up-to-date (back-pay & all) She spent at least 10 minutes demeaning me because I had only had a job for 21 of the last 24 months?! There were people there who owed up to $8000 and she did give them a hard time but not nearly as bad as she did me. This woman is a travesty to the justice system in Blountville concerning child support. I will do whatever in my case I have to to make sure I NEVER have to deal with her again. And yes, she was married to Rick Spivey but he divorced her and; I heard, has custody of their kids. Ironic, huh?
LargeMarge

Bristol, VA

#38 Nov 7, 2015
KarmaRocks3x1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And if anyone other than the judge (her sidekick) and the unfortunate people who have to deal with her; would see how she acts (like she absolutely hates life & everyone in it)in court, maybe there would be some changes to who handles these cases. She has been in this position as "Child Support Attorney General" for at least 15 years.(My 1st run-in w/her was about 15 yrs ago)Does she just get to keep the job for life or what?!? I came into court recently with my total case paid up-to-date (back-pay & all) She spent at least 10 minutes demeaning me because I had only had a job for 21 of the last 24 months?! There were people there who owed up to $8000 and she did give them a hard time but not nearly as bad as she did me. This woman is a travesty to the justice system in Blountville concerning child support. I will do whatever in my case I have to to make sure I NEVER have to deal with her again. And yes, she was married to Rick Spivey but he divorced her and; I heard, has custody of their kids. Ironic, huh?
What are you talking about? Their kids are older.
Kim kardashian

Jonesborough, TN

#39 Nov 9, 2015
Stop whining
Wronged

Jonesborough, TN

#40 Apr 7, 2016
The CS Enforcement of Sullivan Co. TN is an affront to Athena, patron Goddess of Tennessee, herself. First off, they do a terrible job to ensure justice to the children of this area, and their attitude in Court is indicative of the soulless. My handicapped son and I were warned of 10 days in jail if he made any noise in Referee Onkotz's Court - I mean he can walk but cannot talk... Another time this "Court" reduced my kids child support to under $200.00 for 2 kids. In the last couple years the ex-spouse has been to court 5 or 6 times for non-payment and as of yet no judgement has been rendered... Finally I was told that I did not have to show up for the hearings and I told the Court that I was getting letters from their office that said otherwise. They changed they hearing notices... Yes! Franken wanna be Judge no more! I mean this Court is scary.
kim kardashian

Kingsport, TN

#41 Apr 7, 2016
Wronged wrote:
The CS Enforcement of Sullivan Co. TN is an affront to Athena, patron Goddess of Tennessee, herself. First off, they do a terrible job to ensure justice to the children of this area, and their attitude in Court is indicative of the soulless. My handicapped son and I were warned of 10 days in jail if he made any noise in Referee Onkotz's Court - I mean he can walk but cannot talk... Another time this "Court" reduced my kids child support to under $200.00 for 2 kids. In the last couple years the ex-spouse has been to court 5 or 6 times for non-payment and as of yet no judgement has been rendered... Finally I was told that I did not have to show up for the hearings and I told the Court that I was getting letters from their office that said otherwise. They changed they hearing notices... Yes! Franken wanna be Judge no more! I mean this Court is scary.
just take care of yourkids and stop doing drugs and they wont be throwing you in jail and you wont have to go to court
Bella

Rural Hall, NC

#42 Sep 18, 2016
eyeswideshut1975 wrote:
Well You see there is thing this we have called FREEDOM OF SPEECH! YOU HAVEN'T A CLUE ABOUT MY MARRIAGE WHICH WASN'T THE TOPIC ON HERE WAS IT? I asked if ANYONE has experienced this woman. I was the plantiff and MAYBE had you read the post you would have understood WHY I asked the question. Oh no wait your one of those people who just sit on topix and twist everyone and act like EVERYTHING that is said by anyone is stupid. Your the one who looked stupid. I did NOTHING to slander this woman. I said an OPINION which I have a right to. You on the other hand replied with nothing but ignorance abt my marriage. I am SIMPLY CURIOUS as to WHY WOULD A WOMAN TREAT HER OWN CLIENT WITH WHOM SHE HAS NEVER SPOKEN TO TO UPDATE HER INFORMATION BEFORE THE COURT DATE BE UNJUSTLY RUDE, MEAN, THROWING PAPERS AROUND ACTING IRRATTIONAL, WHEN I JUST SAID TWO WORDS TO LET HER KNOW WHAT SHE HAD JUST SAID WAS OLD INFO. Like I also said..the woman came through the doors hateful to a man during role call and ddnt change her attitude towards a single person and why would I be made to feel TOO SCARED TO SPEAK TO MY OWN ATTORNEY?? I have every right to question this. Be a doormat if u want to..but please do the rest of us a foavor and if your reply has nothing to do with the question. Post on something you know abt. I DO NOT FEEL THIS TREATMENT TOWARDS THE CUSTODIAL PARENT SHOULD EVER FEEL AFRAID TO SPEAK TO HER ATTORNEY. DO U? IF SO...WELL WE KNOW HOW SMART YOU ARE. I AM NOT HAVING A DEBATE HEAR PEOPLE..IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS THAT'S ALL I WANTED TO KNOW OK. OTHERWISE I WILL STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE LIKE I HAVE FOR YEARS BECAUSE EVERYONE SEEMS TO THINK ITS BETTER TO PUT SOMEONE DOWN AND VOMIT THEIR IGNORANCE ALL OVER THE REST OF US. For the record Mr. Know it all..do you not think Mrs. Spivey LOVES that she has the reputation for being hard on deadbeat parents and like I said..that is FINE AND DANDY..WHAT I SAID WAS SHE SCARED ME THE MOTHER AND PLANTIFF, AND MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS WRONG FOR TRYING TO KEEP PEACE FOR MY SONS SAKE. SO I'M NOT SMART FOR THAT? HA!
Bless you and the person who criticized you for slander is an idiot!
Bella

Rural Hall, NC

#43 Sep 18, 2016
Wazzup wrote:
Very well said. I've known Rick, Sandy and Matt and have nothing but good things to say about them. With that being said, Sandy will do her job as an officer of the court and will never sugar coat anything.
Is Matt King related to them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Fugitives 46 min Born on Watauga St 1
hooker named Lisa. 2 hr seeker74 3
News Woman Trapped Under Dump Truck 8 hr Memory card gone 15
Pro or anti circumcision??? 12 hr ccc 19
Walmart Refuses Disabled Cart Use (Mar '13) 21 hr Steven 78
Hillbilly Towing 23 hr Max 37
Lexus of Kingsport Sat Chris 24

Kingsport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance