Help

Bluff City, TN

#1 Mar 26, 2013
They ate no longer faith based entities.mthey are hate group enterprises for profit.,time to tax them
yes

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Mar 27, 2013
I agree. The minute they step out of their ministry and enter US politics, they are losing their religious premise and freedom from taxation due to separation no longer applies.

Can you imagine if liberals in every town in the nation ever had a place to gather once a week and spew their politics? Hell, the conservatives cannot even handle a single move-on.org rally, and something like that is hardly happening every week in every town. There is a real discrepancy here in opportunity, as the conservatives are wrongly using their church, supposedly free of taxation for being a non-political entity, for a political purpose. Tax the shiit out of them.
TOM

Kingsport, TN

#3 Mar 28, 2013
yes wrote:
I agree. The minute they step out of their ministry and enter US politics, they are losing their religious premise and freedom from taxation due to separation no longer applies.
Can you imagine if liberals in every town in the nation ever had a place to gather once a week and spew their politics? Hell, the conservatives cannot even handle a single move-on.org rally, and something like that is hardly happening every week in every town. There is a real discrepancy here in opportunity, as the conservatives are wrongly using their church, supposedly free of taxation for being a non-political entity, for a political purpose. Tax the shiit out of them.
If taxation without representation is illegal, then representation without taxation is too...

I'm a devout Christian. I don't give a dime to a church. Ever. Mine goes straight to gods work and I say TAX THE CHURCHES ALL THE WAY INCLUDING THE OARKING LOTS.
truthbetold

Cherokee, NC

#4 Mar 28, 2013
Well well well, looks like another bunch of whiners who use the excuse "when it comes to money I've been hurt by church". Who ya gonna serve people? God or money? Quit your crying and go make a difference you pharisees you.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Mar 28, 2013
yes wrote:
I agree. The minute they step out of their ministry and enter US politics, they are losing their religious premise and freedom from taxation due to separation no longer applies.
Can you imagine if liberals in every town in the nation ever had a place to gather once a week and spew their politics? Hell, the conservatives cannot even handle a single move-on.org rally, and something like that is hardly happening every week in every town. There is a real discrepancy here in opportunity, as the conservatives are wrongly using their church, supposedly free of taxation for being a non-political entity, for a political purpose. Tax the shiit out of them.
Moveon doesn't pay taxes, the NAACP doesn't pay taxes, the rainbow coalition doesn't pay taxes. You idiot democrats are too stupid to argue with!
worshipper

United States

#6 Apr 1, 2013
No way! Churches shouldn't pay taxes! They are a non profit organization. Quit usin the bully pulpit approach. Churches do way more good then harm. Absolutley positively.
Bart

Bluff City, TN

#7 Apr 4, 2013
Churches have become political entities. They need to be taxed. Also fat people should be taxed extra as they are driving up health care costs. 10% of Americans own 70% of the wealth in America. Arrest 32,900 people and the economynisrixed overnight.

People who worship the wealthy would nibble on one In a dark alley
master chowder

Mooresville, NC

#8 Apr 4, 2013
Bart wrote:
Churches have become political entities. They need to be taxed. Also fat people should be taxed extra as they are driving up health care costs. 10% of Americans own 70% of the wealth in America. Arrest 32,900 people and the economynisrixed overnight.
People who worship the wealthy would nibble on one In a dark alley
Churches arne't "political entities" you moron. The only reason why religion has been drug into the political arena is because your boy, President Commie Darkie Muslim, is busy throwing Christians under the bus.

Commie Darkie Muslim, Reid, and Pelosi and the rest of these socialist bags of donkey turds are the ones forcing their agenda on us, not the other way around. Liberals are the ones forcing their beliefs on Christians. On small business owners. On law-abiding gun owners. Liberals are forcing their beliefs on us, they are the only ones allowed to speak out, in fact, they are allowed to say whatever they want and they get away with it time and time again.

Liberals say that they are the party of choice, but in practice it is clear that liberals hate freedom. Which is why they always try to silence opposing viewpoints. They just can't deal with the fact, which is why they are always trying to drown out the facts with their liberal talking points.
Daniel D

Gate City, VA

#9 Apr 4, 2013
Churches should absoultely have to pay taxes. Everybody else does so why shouldn't they? Also lets face it churches are corrupt these days and all they care about is money and pushing their agenda's on everybody. Although while preaching one thing and doing another. Churches have become tax shelter's to hide money in and let's face it the money you are giving to a church is likely going to buy a preacher a new car or some other non sense. You're lining their pockets not helping a community. I'm sorry but very few churches help anybody anymore. I'm not saying all churches are bad but human nature is to take advantage of a good situation. You have to admit many people take advantage of not taxing a Church. Get rid of that advantage and I will say you will have a lot less fraud and other issues in the Church.
Daniel D

Gate City, VA

#10 Apr 4, 2013
Some Points on WHY we should tax Churches.

Churches receive special treatment from the IRS beyond what other nonprofits receive, and such favoritism is unconstitutional. While secular charities are compelled to report their income and financial structure to the IRS using Form 990 (Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax), churches are granted automatic exemption from federal income tax without having to file a tax return.

A tax break for churches forces all American taxpayers to support religion, even if they oppose some or all religious doctrines. As Mark Twain argued: "no church property is taxed and so the infidel and the atheist and the man without religion are taxed to make up the deficit in the public income thus caused."

A tax exemption is a form of subsidy, and the Constitution bars government from subsidizing religion. William H. Rehnquist, then-Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court, declared on behalf of a unanimous court in Regan v. Taxation with Representation (1983): "Both tax exemptions and tax deductibility are a form of subsidy that is administered through the tax system. A tax exemption has much the same effect as a cash grant to the organization of the amount of tax it would have to pay on its income."

The tax code makes no distinction between authentic religions and fraudulent startup "faiths," which benefit at taxpayers' expense. In spring 2010, Oklahoma awarded tax exempt status to Satanist group The Church of the IV Majesties.[8] In Mar. 2004, the IRS warned of an increase in schemes that "exploit legitimate laws to establish sham one-person, nonprofit religious corporations," charging $1,000 or more per person to attend "seminars." [28] The Church of Scientology, which TIME Magazine described in May 1991 as a "thriving cult of greed and power" and "a hugely profitable global racket," [29] was granted federal income tax exemption in Oct. 1993. The New York Times reported that this "saved the church tens of millions of dollars in taxes."

Tax exemptions to secular nonprofits like hospitals and homeless shelters are justified because such organizations do work that would otherwise fall to government. Churches, however, while they may undertake charitable work, exist primarily for religious worship and instruction, which the US government is constitutionally prevented from performing. Tax exemptions to secular nonprofits like hospitals and homeless shelters are justified because such organizations do work that would otherwise fall to government. Churches, however, while they may undertake charitable work, exist primarily for religious worship and instruction, which the US government is constitutionally prevented from performing.

Exempting churches from taxation costs the government billions of dollars in lost revenue, which it cannot afford, especially in tough economic times. According to former White House senior policy analyst Jeff Schweitzer, PhD, US churches own $300-$500 billion in untaxed property.[9] New York's nonpartisan Independent Budget Office determined in July 2011 that New York City alone loses $627 million in property tax revenue.[11] Lakewood Church, a "megachurch" in Houston, TX, earns $75 million in annual untaxed revenue, and the Church of Scientology's annual income exceeds $500 million.

Trust me I can keep going here!!! There are a ton of valid reasons on WHY we should tax churches.
Helpless

Johnson City, TN

#11 Apr 4, 2013
Help wrote:
They ate no longer faith based entities.mthey are hate group enterprises for profit.,time to tax them
When did they start eating faith based organizations? This is terrible. Could be you’re just illiterate yet are trying to express yourself in an incoherent way.
Yes we can

Johnson City, TN

#12 Apr 4, 2013
yes wrote:
I agree. The minute they step out of their ministry and enter US politics, they are losing their religious premise and freedom from taxation due to separation no longer applies.
Can you imagine if liberals in every town in the nation ever had a place to gather once a week and spew their politics? Hell, the conservatives cannot even handle a single move-on.org rally, and something like that is hardly happening every week in every town. There is a real discrepancy here in opportunity, as the conservatives are wrongly using their church, supposedly free of taxation for being a non-political entity, for a political purpose. Tax the shiit out of them.
Poor libs all they have is ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, control of the propaganda- er so called education system, and the ACLU to keep them all on message. However can they possibly be expected to be heard over churches.
Bart Fan

Johnson City, TN

#13 Apr 4, 2013
Bart wrote:
Churches have become political entities. They need to be taxed. Also fat people should be taxed extra as they are driving up health care costs. 10% of Americans own 70% of the wealth in America. Arrest 32,900 people and the economynisrixed overnight.
People who worship the wealthy would nibble on one In a dark alley
Another clueless tax sucker heard from. Does you statement even make sense to you?
Daniel D

Gate City, VA

#14 Apr 4, 2013
Despite the 1954 law banning political campaigning by tax-exempt groups, many churches are political machines. Every fall, the Alliance Defense Fund, a Christian legal group, organizes "Pulpit Freedom Sunday," encouraging pastors to defy IRS rules by endorsing candidates from the pulpit. More than 500 pastors participated in Oct. 2011, yet none lost their churches' exemption status. In Oct. 2010, Minnesota pastor Brad Brandon of Berean Bible Baptist Church endorsed several Republican candidates and dared the "liberal media" to file complaints with the IRS. Brandon later announced on his radio program: "I'm going to explain to you what happened… Nothing happened."
Daniel D

Gate City, VA

#15 Apr 4, 2013
Ok I don't want to get in a rant here but I believe I should bring up one more thing and then I'm done with this topic.

American taxpayers are supporting the extravagant lifestyles of wealthy pastors, whose lavish "megachurches" accumulate millions of tax-free dollars every year. US Senator Chuck Grassley, MA (R-IA) launched an investigation into these groups in Nov. 2007 after receiving complaints of church revenue being used to buy pastors private jets, Rolls Royce cars, multimillion-dollar homes, trips to Hawaii and Fiji, and in one case, a $23,000, marble-topped chest of drawers installed in the 150,000 square foot headquarters of Joyce Meyer Ministries in Fenton, Missouri.

The "parsonage exemption" on ministers' homes makes already-wealthy pastors even richer at taxpayers' expense. The average annual salary for senior pastors with congregations of 2,000 or more is $147,000, with some earning up to $400,000. In addition to the federal exemption on housing expenses enjoyed by these ministers, they often pay zero dollars in state property tax. Church leaders Creflo and Taffi Dollar of World Changers Church International had three tax-free parsonages: a million-dollar mansion in Atlanta, GA, a two-million-dollar mansion in Fayetteville, GA, and a $2.5 million Manhattan apartment.[64] Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, leaders of Kenneth Copeland Ministries in Fort Worth, TX, live in a church-owned, tax-free $6.2 million lakefront parsonage.
rubber knuckles

United States

#16 Apr 5, 2013
f..k all churches! burn em all down! and make shure its full of political crybabys like all of you!
For Real

Johnson City, TN

#17 Apr 6, 2013
rubber knuckles wrote:
f..k all churches! burn em all down! and make shure its full of political crybabys like all of you!
Brother Wright I presume. Most of the country doesn’t see churches as places to preach hate the way you boys in Chicago do. Boy that Barry O dropped you like a hot rock when he needed to get elected.
Burnette56

Bristol, VA

#18 Apr 6, 2013
Better watch what you say The Lord giveth The Lord take away its serious business people please realize this before its too late! The end is drawing near more and more everyday the Bible is fulfilling everyday get a kjv bible and read it .
Patrick

Bluff City, TN

#19 Apr 6, 2013
Burnette56 wrote:
Better watch what you say The Lord giveth The Lord take away its serious business people please realize this before its too late! The end is drawing near more and more everyday the Bible is fulfilling everyday get a kjv bible and read it .
You're right girl. And I started the post. But the end is here, not near. We are at war with those who have been deceived my their almighty dollar. FOX NEWS has brought the division and civil war is right around the corner. Teres no way to stop it. It' might be best if ou took your children and headed for higher ground. Of republocans had any honor , they wold all Lexus get outer women and children out of the way beige the fighting begins.
i knew you werent the one

Nashville, TN

#20 Apr 7, 2013
joe,

try and stay constructive. these folks just may not realize this. dont get derisive too quick like your pals, Larry and Iron Knuckles-keyboard warrior of the south. lol!

seriously LBJ enacted the law to keep from losing an election. he rightly viewed that if preachers in pulpits who were preachng to white voters, in that time primarily, would preach against democrats then he would lose.

so, he sponsored this bill and helped get enacted this law that supposedly hampers preachers from endorsing politicians from the pulpit or lose their tax free status.

it never worked at my church. while they preached fear of having the doors chained shut (and we as kids never understood why they would say this cause they never explained the LBJ mandate)they still endorsed evry republican that i can recall.

it was clear that they werent democrats.

however, there are alot of ironies at play when you think about it.
black churches certainly endorsed democratic candidates because thats who was doing something for them at that time and still is.

also the vietnam war was another irony. all those right wingers in my church decried the draft dodgers of that era while at the same time staying one step ahead of each measure LBJ took to increase the draft. in others words they wanted us to fight communism-so long as others were made to do it.

it was easy to make the argument tht blacks and hippies from college should have to go and fight that war while they-the right wingers like the ones at my church- stayed home and had kids and voted republican-even though LBJ was a democrat and he moved forward with escalating the conflict to fight communism.

but we know that LBJ a democrat wasnt really pulling the strings, dont we? they all have an agenda and it isnt Gods in the churches and it isnt really in your best interest that moveon.org and others perpetuate their rhetoric tax free.

so, tell these folks the truth about these other non taxed entities that get to postulate about their political view which influences so many just like churches have done. these folks jsut dontknow the truth. you think school teaches this stuff?

i say tax them all.

thanks joe!
Joefoxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Moveon doesn't pay taxes, the NAACP doesn't pay taxes, the rainbow coalition doesn't pay taxes. You idiot democrats are too stupid to argue with!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uncorked got Corked 32 min Chardneyyyyy 1
"Everyday Manna" (Feb '14) 1 hr mary lou off her ... 150
Drug Dealer/User named "wee wee" 15 hr Keith 9
Greg Slemp (Nov '14) 22 hr Styr0foam Peanut 144
Development at Tri-Cities Crossing 22 hr Styr0foam Peanut 14
Whatever happened to 60s/70s furniture guy Paul... Tue Cousin Banjo 3
Clown Sighting Sep 26 kim kardashian 2

Kingsport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingsport Mortgages