#21 Mar 8, 2013
Development wrote:
Ha, the mall *snicker*
Yeah, thats a big HA!
LadyLuck

Church Hill, VA

#22 Mar 8, 2013
BoutTime wrote:
I am glad to have a better place to go swim. Tired of going to Legion. All you saw there was a bunch of rowdy kids from the projects running around unsupervised because their parents dropped them off and left them there for the day so they didn't have to deal with them.(Or they walked there/same difference).
A pool is not a babysitter and I bet the lifeguards were sick and tired of it.
Oh yes people will drive here to swim. Maybe not from far, far away but locally. I have drove to Gatlinburg and PF to go to Wilderness at the Smokies or Wild Bear Falls because my kids wanted to go swimming in the winter time.
Jonesborough has a water park (Wetlands) that does an awesome business and draws people in from all over the plae in the summer. I bet Kingsport's aquatic center will do a great business in the summer AND the winter. Oh and Wetlands IS not CHEAP like Legion, but it still stays packed.
READ THIS SCOTT.. A PREVIOUS POSTING..
stud

United States

#23 Mar 9, 2013
Has everyone seen the rates for pool rental and fees, only people who have relationship with City get a fair price. Also, has anyone thought about what the staffing cost for new pool is compared to Legion pool. This place will allways be burden to the city.
rodeoguy

Salisbury, NC

#24 Mar 9, 2013
Old Fart wrote:
So, it's up the government to babysit the kids?
To provide "something to do?"
They "deserve it?" What did they do, to deserve it?
They're already getting free food...
Well for starters they paid taxes nimrod. Its nicer to see tax dollars spent to provide recreation every once in a while. The kids will love it I'm sure. And don't give me that crap about "well people on welfare are the ones going to be using it and they don't pay taxes" because I intend to take my kids there and I'm a nurse so I pay a lot in taxes. And I'm not taking them there in lieu of a babysitter either. Ill enjoy it as well. Your point is quite flaccid. Glad you're not on the bma.
WET TIME OH OH OH

Kingsport, TN

#25 Mar 9, 2013
me likez tuh go in duh whatur n get WET! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! so fun so fun so fun! ME LUV KANGSPURT!
Happy Nurse

Church Hill, VA

#26 Mar 9, 2013
WET TIME OH OH OH wrote:
me likez tuh go in duh whatur n get WET! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! so fun so fun so fun! ME LUV KANGSPURT!
Please return to your cage! Thanks!
Old Fart

United States

#27 Mar 10, 2013
rodeoguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for starters they paid taxes nimrod. Its nicer to see tax dollars spent to provide recreation every once in a while. The kids will love it I'm sure. And don't give me that crap about "well people on welfare are the ones going to be using it and they don't pay taxes" because I intend to take my kids there and I'm a nurse so I pay a lot in taxes. And I'm not taking them there in lieu of a babysitter either. Ill enjoy it as well. Your point is quite flaccid. Glad you're not on the bma.
You're a nurse, and you're going to let your kids swim in the pool? Knowing the percentage of kids that will pee in there?
I wouldn't swim in a public pool, on a bet!

As a taxpayer, why should I subsidize your recreational activity?

Yes, you should be glad I'm not on the bma. I would strive to eliminate wasteful spending such as this.
rodeoguy

Salisbury, NC

#28 Mar 10, 2013
Old Fart wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a nurse, and you're going to let your kids swim in the pool? Knowing the percentage of kids that will pee in there?
Yes, you should be glad I'm not on the bma. I would strive to eliminate wasteful spending such as this.
Woah woah woah..........you're telling me people pee in the pool!?!?!!!! Are. you. serious?! I bet women on their period go I'm sometimes too don't they! Oh man......well at least nobodys barefoot touches the floor of the pool. BLAST!!! They totally do. Well at least its free from bugs and stray leaves.........DAMN!!!!!! Someone should put some kind of substance in the pool to keep the germs under control. Wait...they alrady do that? Hmmmm........sooo pos are safe to swim in? Wow. EVERYBODY BACK IN THE POOL!!!!!! That includes you too welfare kids.
Happy Nurse

Church Hill, VA

#29 Mar 10, 2013
Old Fart wrote:
<quoted text>
Its obvious you've never been to a pool.. There is a substance called CHLORINE. It is used in public pools. But AGREED.. this Aquatic Center is a waste.
Old Fart

United States

#30 Mar 11, 2013
Chlorine takes time to work, especially on fecal matter, and the germs and parasites contained in it.
whatisay

Lebanon, TN

#31 Mar 11, 2013
You should be okay. I don't think chlorine kills old farts.
Old Fart

United States

#32 Mar 11, 2013
Pull my finger...
Anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#33 Mar 31, 2013
Everyone will be paying for the Aquatics Center whether they use it or not. So its a good thing that many want it.
Pool guy

Cleveland, TN

#34 Mar 31, 2013
Cyborg Nine wrote:
Everyone will be paying for the Aquatics Center whether they use it or not. So its a good thing that many want it.
It's hard for me to agree this is a good idea because the city has raised the price to get in and still see a loss of 400k a year. Don't forget the 500k a year 21 million would make the city in interest. A good investment for the good of the public in my opinion is one that provides a need which, in some way this does, and does so in a way it's not a burden on the tax payers. I do like we have a 21 million dollar pool, but where does it stop? The 21 mill could have went to other things other then a hole with water in it. The partnership with the YMCA is another failure that shows someone did not think this project out. I hope it only loses the 400k the city said it will and not more. Kingsport does need more things like this but need to be done by the private sector.
swimmer

United States

#35 Apr 1, 2013
The legion pool was a great place for kids to go. Many of whom walked there. Now they will have to get a ride. If they can.......but wait!!!!!! I bet the city will decide we need sidewalks with lites & guardrails!!! I bet that will only cost 10 million to do!!!!!!! It goes on & on folks. Never stops. Never has & never will.
Anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#36 Apr 7, 2013
The deal with the YMCA is strange. The Y gets 90 percent of the money and the city gets 10 percent? Who came up with that deal?

Since: Feb 13

Blacksburg, SC

#37 Apr 8, 2013
Probably the YMCA
Anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#38 Apr 8, 2013
City must not have anyone show up at the meeting to represent them in the deal.
workin class man

United States

#39 Apr 9, 2013
This whole idea is a farce! Just a way for city leaders to pad there pockets! I bet the contractors are friends or relatives of city leaders! Why don't they spend the money on education. I know why , cause they don't want the public to get any smarter cause then they would vote & stuff! Lmao.
Anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#40 Apr 9, 2013
City must be padding the pockets of someone at the YMCA and the public is going to be footing the bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tnsugarbaby 2 hr For Sure 11
Dickson Elementary School Tue RTIK 1
Homosexuality is found in 450 species but homop... Tue MoronsandIdiots 4
shitzoo puppy's for sale (Apr '09) Mon Peanut Butter Coffin 2
Possible relocation Mon Peanut Butter Coffin 4
whats going on folks? May 21 kim kardashian 14
LPI(leisure products inc) (Jan '12) May 21 Mike ultra 40

Kingsport Jobs

Personal Finance

Kingsport Mortgages